5G

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
Is there anyone out there that has 5G? What speeds do you get with your connection?

Where I live I cannot get 5G I just want to know if 5G actually is actually worth it.

Last edited:

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
5G is supposed to be pretty fast for streaming and stuff. It's like having wi-fi wherever you go.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
It would depend on your usage, no?

On average, i'd say i'd get ~50Mbps (4G tho) wherever i go around here, but that's always fine for what i use on my phone. Particularly since we get the "fair use" thing applied to our "unlimited" mobile data over here (which just means anything over 40GB). If i want fast internet, i'd probably just find a wifi access point... mobile data is a bit of a scam imho considering you can easily blitz 1GB+ with a single speed test.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
It would depend on your usage, no?

On average, i'd say i'd get ~50Mbps (4G tho) wherever i go around here, but that's always fine for what i use on my phone. Particularly since we get the "fair use" thing applied to our "unlimited" mobile data over here (which just means anything over 40GB). If i want fast internet, i'd probably just find a wifi access point... mobile data is a bit of a scam imho considering you can easily blitz 1GB+ with a single speed test.
I hear you those traffic limitations is a kick in the ass, I am still using 4G at the moment and the speed is not that great.

Here in the UK 5G is only available in certain places and I am still waiting for it to be available where I live.