62% of Japanese gamers want Dragon Quest on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi_God

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2013
Icy hot of the north
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/05/62-of-japanese-gamers-want-next-dragon-quest-on-ps4-8-on-wiiu-1-on-xbox-one-according-to-poll/

The popular Japanese IT magazine Weekly ASCII asked its readers on what platform they’d like to play the next Dragon Quest game, and the result were only partly predictable.

Here’s a breakdown:

PS4: 62%
Wii U: 8%
iPhone: 8%
PC: 5%
Tablets 3%
Android Smartphones: 3%
Xbox One: 1%
SH-01F Dragon Quest: 1%
Other: 9%

Note: the SH-01F Dragon Quest is the special Dragon Quest themed smartphone to be released this December by docomo.

The PS4 got the lion’s share of the votes, with the Wii U following for home consoles with a meager 8%. 5% is actually surprisingly high for PC, and confirms the trend that PC Gaming is slowly taking a foothold in Japan, even thanks to Final Fantasy XIV and Dragon Quest X.

Also interesting is that all mobile platforms combined just reach a 20%. Considering how popular mobile gaming seems to be in Japan, I expected a much higher result there. The sizable 9% for “other” should not surprise, since the poll did not seem to have a specific option for 3DS, PS3 and PS Vita.

1% for the Xbox One…well… No one’s surprised there. It’s Japan, after all.
I hope that Dragon Quest comes back to the console. The last Dragon Quest game I played was on Playstation 2. I think we will get a JRPG boom on Playstation 4.

Last edited:

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
I wouldn't mind if it came to WiiU too. I just don't want next Dragon Quest to be handheld game.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
These are readers of an IT magazine, so this isn't very representative of the overall fanbase.

Also, they put the options for 3DS and Vita under "Other", which is odd.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Square Enix still needs to localize Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS. As for a new game, I hope Dragon Quest XI improves on Dragon Quest IX's more exciting battles but also goes back to introducing a unique party, maybe even starting a new trilogy with XI-XIII.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.