9 new Killzone 2 shots.

S

Stig

Looking very very sweet. Since the delay (supposedly) had nothing to do with the development itself, let us hope that they have extra time to throw in more great details and easter eggs and such!!

I was relieved to hear that the devs are going to be using a much more diverse color palette in other levels too. That made me happy with MGS4 as well.

Jan 21, 2006
I am sooo getting a mohawk when this game is launching

Looking very very sweet. Since the delay (supposedly) had nothing to do with the development itself, let us hope that they have extra time to throw in more great details and easter eggs and such!!
I hope they put in offline co-op, i don't think they will (seems to be too much work) but it would be awesome if they did. One of my two complaints about the first game was it having no co-op.

Killzone 1 had a grey color-palette aswell (not as much as killzone 2 though) but it also had those levels with beautiful colors, anyone who have played the first game probably remembers the park and the jungle level

Disturbed05

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2006
Lookings amazing, I guess it really should seeing the resources they have thrown at this game and the time taken. Then again they say good things take time. Bring on Feb.

towlie

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2007
i hope they put online multiplayer.... you know four screens one tv... i hate not being able to play when people are over... but i doubt they will, anyway awesome screens

S

Soldier 95B

My question is....what are the odds of us getting a public beta of this game, like MGS online?

And then...what are the odds of getting a demo of this game?

I am finding that demo's are saving me more and more money, and demo's are leading me onto games I have never played before.

I have never played KZ1, so I don't know what to expect here. Here is to hoping for a chance at a beta or demo!

bliss177

Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2006
This game is running on PS3 or early PS4 development kit ?

kidding aside, it's looking amazing, and in motion more and more ! Can't wait for this game.

toallyrocks

Superior Member
Sep 22, 2006
San Diego
These pics show how Sony's marketing department isn't doing their job right. They should have released refined versions of the gameplay demos to make it look nicer on computers. I am sure KZ2 look better than GeOW2 judging from the previews of the both games but they look equally good from the trailers. GeoW2 was a directfeed, and KZ2 was like a cam version of a movie on a torrent site. Also, I don't think it would hurt sony to enhance the trailers a little bit to compensate the loss in quality.

shinigamiboy

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Switch, post: 0]My question is....what are the odds of us getting a public beta of this game, like MGS online?

I am finding that demo's are saving me more and more money, and demo's are leading me onto games I have never played before.

I have never played KZ1, so I don't know what to expect here. Here is to hoping for a chance at a beta or demo![/quote]

They have mentioned that there will be a beta in summer, but that wasa last year and seeing that they have delayed the game til 2009 the beta may come out around the end of 2008 or begining of 2009

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Switch, post: 0]My question is....what are the odds of us getting a public beta of this game, like MGS online?

I have never played KZ1, so I don't know what to expect here. Here is to hoping for a chance at a beta or demo![/QUOTE]
There will be a beta for online. They haven't revealed exactly how that's going to work yet. I'm not sure about the demo thing. To try and compare killzone 1 to killzone 2 wouldn't be fair at all. Last gen system to current gen system Is the main reason why. If you had played killzone you would notice that Killzone 2 isn't just better graphics(Not taking a shot at you, just saying you would notice a difference). Killzone 1 was run and gun. Killzone 2 seems to be a mixture of run n gun and Tatical. That changes things up quite a bit.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Guys, as IGN and others say, the colors are FAR too bland. Gears of War is full of color. Doesn't look greyish at all.

So I' talked with the dev Seb from GG, and he's now getting the dev team to apply a new color filter to make the games color palette to meet IGNs standards. Although I think it's not colorful enough for them. I was hoping GG would add some more color, but this will have to do:

I'm SO glad IGN and other sources pointed out the drab colors. I mean war is colorful and fun. I mean look at all the colors in Iraq right now. Grays, beige, sandy, light brows. Same thing in Serbia during the trouble there. Same with Russia. In war, there are rainbows and all kinds of beautiful colors. The world is like one big rainbow everywhere. Thanks IGN for pointing that out. You really set us straight. I mean Gears of War that you love is loaded with colors. ;) Killzone 2 needs more colors because uhhhh.... Yeah...

Kratos12

Superior Member
Jan 22, 2007
[QUOTE="CH!3F, post: 0]pics for the lazy ones(or cant access the site)

[/quote]
Thank you. +rep to you. The site is not accessible. Trying since morning.

[QUOTE="skulpt, post: 0]Guys, as IGN and others say, the colors are FAR too bland. Gears of War is full of color. Doesn't look greyish at all.

So I' talked with the dev Seb from GG, and he's now getting the dev team to apply a new color filter to make the games color palette to meet IGNs standards. Although I think it's not colorful enough for them. I was hoping GG would add some more color, but this will have to do:

I'm SO glad IGN and other sources pointed out the drab colors. I mean war is colorful and fun. I mean look at all the colors in Iraq right now. Grays, beige, sandy, light brows. Same thing in Serbia during the trouble there. Same with Russia. In war, there are rainbows and all kinds of beautiful colors. The world is like one big rainbow everywhere. Thanks IGN for pointing that out. You really set us straight. I mean Gears of War that you love is loaded with colors. ;) Killzone 2 needs more colors because uhhhh.... Yeah...[/quote]

One of the best comments in a long long time. Instant rep!!!!

Sony-Qrio

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2005
The screens look great, but gg needs to change the texture on the helghast. It looks like an spot light is aways shining on them.