9 new Killzone 2 shots.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
[QUOTE="Kratos12, post: 0]Thank you. +rep to you. The site is not accessible. Trying since morning.

One of the best comments in a long long time. Instant rep!!!![/QUOTE]

I've just been annoyed by people expecting every aspect of Killzone 2 to be new and different. War isn't pretty. It's often quite drag and bleak colored. It seems like all of a sudden, reviewers demand Kameo like graphics from Killzone 2.

PS3fan15

Forum Elder
Oct 10, 2006
to be honest.. I want a different color palette for MGS4..

BUT HOLI BEJEEZ are you serious? These graphics, color, everything is just freaking amazing..

blown away. i think this maybe the wow factor that critics are looking for.. I mean if it plays like Cod4 and looks like this.. GOTY

[QUOTE="VayMasters86, post: 0]Ok, now I'm actually gonna doubt those pictures, they seem more like target renders to me, I'll wait to see the game.[/quote]

lol. I guess GG has truely done it if we get comments like these..

Good job Guerilla Games.. now PUT IN SOMETHING INNOVATIVE OTHER THAN GRAPHICS.

(oh all in game by the way buddy.. see it, believe it, and probably even weep if you are a 360 only owner. =)

How hard is it not to double post? There is an edit button, with over 2000 posts you should know where it is located ~ Turkmen117

Grym

Master Poster
Dec 31, 2005
[QUOTE="Nisse, post: 0]skulpt your reply made my day haha

As for the pics I must say that the graphics looks better when in motion.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do, the motion blur is adding a whole new depth.
But the screens are damn fine graphically.

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
awesome new screen shots.. this game is stuning.
cant belive a video game can look this great.
i like the detail they put in the tank...
i hope come out with a demo on the PS store

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
[QUOTE="PS3fan15, post: 0]lol. I guess GG has truely done it if we get comments like these..

Good job Guerilla Games.. now PUT IN SOMETHING INNOVATIVE OTHER THAN GRAPHICS.

(oh all in game by the way buddy.. see it, believe it, and probably even weep if you are a 360 only owner. =)[/quote]

Well I owned a 360 at released, and sold it soon after. I'm getting a PS3 next month. I'm a fan of Killzone and thought that the first one was very under-rated. But they look a little to good to be true.

Wow. I am speechless after seeing these pics. I really don't see how anyone can hate on this games looks. Grey and black MY ASS. lol They are some of the prettiest (realistic) game pics I have ever seen. Kudos to Guerilla games for surpassing the original CG trailer. Now lets see what an additional 9 months of polish can do.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="RedDragon7, post: 0]Go check out gameplay videos and see for yourself :D All in-game graphics :DD[/quote]

I have seen all the game play videos, and I haven't seen any that look as good as those screens do. I don't put much faith in screens released for any game. More times than not, the screens have been doctored. I haven't seen any high definition game play. Maybe I've missed those, someone point them out to me please.

[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]I have seen all the game play videos, and I haven't seen any that look as good as those screens do. I don't put much faith in screens released for any game. More times than not, the screens have been doctored. I haven't seen any high definition game play. Maybe I've missed those, someone point them out to me please.[/quote]

We have yet to see any really good true HD footage of the 2008 build they previewed. All we have seen is upscaled video from handy cams filming a television. Heck, the gametrailers insanely short 2008 build trailer was just poorly put together and did not show the really shining points of the gameplay (I swear I think they made the trailer like that on purpose). Hopefully sometime in the near future we will get some good solid HD footage.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 0]We have yet to see any really good true HD footage of the 2008 build they previewed. All we have seen is upscaled video from handy cams filming a television. Heck, the gametrailers insanely short 2008 build trailer was just poorly put together and did not show the really shining points of the gameplay (I swear I think they made the trailer like that on purpose). Hopefully sometime in the near future we will get some good solid HD footage.[/quote]

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed out on something.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]I have seen all the game play videos, and I haven't seen any that look as good as those screens do. I don't put much faith in screens released for any game. More times than not, the screens have been doctored. I haven't seen any high definition game play. Maybe I've missed those, someone point them out to me please.[/QUOTE]
That's standard modus operandi for today. I agree with you though, it's getting tougher and tougher to take screens seriously with how much..."attention" they've been getting lately. For what it's worth, I do think these screens looks just as good as what I've seen form the latest trailers, they just look noticeably smoother.

From a fidelity standpoint, they're one and the same IMO.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]That's standard modus operandi for today. I agree with you though, it's getting tougher and tougher to take screens seriously with how much..."attention" they've been getting lately. For what it's worth, I do think these screens looks just as good as what I've seen form the latest trailers, they just look noticeably smoother.

From a fidelity standpoint, they're one and the same IMO.[/quote]

What trailers are you talking about ? I haven't seen ANY that remotely come close to that screens. I mean seriously, where have you seen any footage that has that amount of detail ? Please post a link to them.

Sep 5, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]What trailers are you talking about ? I haven't seen ANY that remotely come close to that screens. I mean seriously, where have you seen any footage that has that amount of detail ? Please post a link to them.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's my opinion. Check out and/or download the ones from gametrailers, however, they aren't in HD.

I will say this though, I do think that the E3 '07 footage looked a bit better than this years. This year has had very marked improvements in the effects department, to include fire, explosions, and smoke, but otherwise, things look slightly less than they do from a year ago. Still looks great, and better than just about anything else out. Again, we've got no HD footage, so you'll pretty much have to either give some leeway because of the resolution, or wait for HD footage, but here's gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34176.html

Jun 10, 2007
[QUOTE="IWAO, post: 0]I hope you guys like to look at better screenshots, because yeah those screenshots makes you say even more wow. Personally am I pleased with this game, so I hope you're also guys:)

[more images...]
[/QUOTE]

Did you edit those? Somebody has clearly saturated those - perhaps a KZ fan desperately trying to make the game look more colourful?
For comparison, here is the image from the OP, i don't know why you didn't post that one: