A new Syndicate is coming to the Xbox 360

skynet212

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Oh............Didnt know it was one of the best games ever made. Never heard of it. aaaannnnyyyyways i am saying Halo remake. Dont care what the magazine guy says My gut tells me this.

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
Don't know that I'd say it was one of the best games ever, but I loved Syndicate and it would be great to see it again. What makes you think the mag spread has anything to do with Syndicate though? They could equally be talking a Halo:CE reboot, or something else. Am I missing something here?

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="deded, post: 5439536]Don't know that I'd say it was one of the best games ever, but I loved Syndicate and it would be great to see it again. What makes you think the mag spread has anything to do with Syndicate though? They could equally be talking a Halo:CE reboot, or something else. Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]
It's not Halo because they SAID it's not Halo. Or even Xbox 360 exclusive, to be exact. It's just some magazine-exclusive first reveal of a multiplatform game.

Not sure why everyone thinks it's Syndicate, though.

skynet212

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Everyone thinks that because of the background I guess. I mean there is only a few game that come to mind that people think the best game ever made. FF7, Halo: CE, uuummmmm, Mario Bros, idk. Some people are saying Counter-Strike but I dont think they would bring that to consoles since Halo, COD, and Battlefield, etc. are the main FPS that top the ONLINE part right now.

A

APetePerson

[QUOTE="Azu, post: 5439662]It's not Halo because they SAID it's not Halo. Or even Xbox 360 exclusive, to be exact. It's just some magazine-exclusive first reveal of a multiplatform game.

Not sure why everyone thinks it's Syndicate, though.[/QUOTE]

hoping that it's KOTOR or battlefront, but that's probarbly not gonna happen :(

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
Only going off the magazine page shown above there was no way I could know it had already been described as 'not Halo'. Anyway, there seems to be some confusion over the whole thing:

Take a look at the graphics on the page. It looks futuristic, possibly science fiction-esque.
C&VG

Futuristic? It's an architectural drawing, probably of an office, which gives precisely no information (besides it's not a high-fantasy game I suppose).

The announcement has been delayed by the publisher now anyway. Nothing to see here... move along...

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
I remember hearing rumors about Syndicate making a comeback. Wouldn't be surprised if it is.
However I'm afraid it will be yet another first person game.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5440046]Didn't peter Molyneux make Syndicate?? it makes sense, that game was flipping amazing. Why isn't it exclusive if it's peter tho? They better not Shadowrun this game!!!![/QUOTE]
Does he own the rights? Sakaguchi created FF but he doesn't own the rights.
I loved first one but second one was little disappointing.

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
According to Wiki:

In a 2006 interview at the Leipzig Games Convention for GameSpot, Syndicate Wars producer Peter Molyneux said that he would like to revisit some of his old efforts, but adds that it is very unlikely that will happen. But Molyneux makes one possible exception: "Aside from the licensing complications, some sort of next-gen online version of Syndicate would certainly be popular with gamers."[7]

It has been confirmed that Starbreeze Studios is developing a new Syndicate game for EA.[8]
For the latter, from March 2009, see here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90609-New-Syndicate-Game-Confirmed