Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
no there was things similar to Home before it was annouced secondlife.com
but it is not completely like home.

Roth

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
www.psbeyond.com
It's a PC thing, so I'm not too worried, Second Life was around before PS Home.

Looks crappier to me, and you have to pay, PS Home is free

Home is still far far superior.

F

forzanerazzurri

[QUOTE="Roth, post: 0]
Home is still far far superior.[/quote]

Hahah how can u say that?? have u played either one?

Sephyr

Master Poster
Dec 5, 2006
Nothing like it. Secondlife is a low graphic, money waster for people who don't have a "first" life.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
This looks the most like Home to me.. As far as concept goes.. Not appearance...

I mean, "games can be accessed via the 3D "virtual world"...

Rynoboy

Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="nojoegohome, post: 0]if the 360 or wii got a version like home then it would be a copy not for pc[/quote]
yeah I agree with you on that
If any one does it it will be Xbox all they do is copy
Vista from Apple
HD-DVD from Sony Blu-ray
HDMI from Playstation
Zune from Apple ipod
The list goes on...

Apr 1, 2007
[QUOTE="nojoegohome, post: 0]if the 360 or wii got a version like home then it would be a copy not for pc[/quote]
Yeah man i agree with you, we cannot decide untill we play both versions

harrisk954

Superior Member
Feb 17, 2007
[QUOTE="Sephyr, post: 0]Nothing like it. Secondlife is a low graphic, money waster for people who don't have a "first" life.[/quote]

And between all of the great games and Home coming out this fall, how many of us are going to have a life outside of our PS3???

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Rynoboy, post: 0]yeah I agree with you on that
Vista from Apple
HD-DVD from Sony Blu-ray
HDMI from Playstation
Zune from Apple ipod
The list goes on...[/QUOTE]

Haha! So true. M$ headquarters is the the copycat capital of the world.

B

branden1979

[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]Haha! So true. M$ headquarters is the the copycat capital of the world.[/quote]

I've been saying that for years. The only reason why MS is in the console business is because of Sony being in it. Someone from Sony once said that a Playstation product will replace the PC in the home. Then thats when MS decides to jump in the Console business.

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
Sony has re-introduced cloning to the world! Let us applaud them in their efforts to make cloning a profitable venture!

Tears of Ash

Superior Member
Mar 25, 2007
soror64.com
I've seen some other stuff like this too, but I think it was something a gaming company was making for their TVs or something. Like a DVR sort of thing or something. It was posted on here quite some time ago though.

This reeks of PS home in its application. There are a few things like Second Life which are similar to home, but do not share the same functions. It seems like this is being used the same way Home is.

Maybe one day they'll create an all-in-one 3D environment thing sort of like gaim or trillian.

Like you login to it, and it lets you switch access Home and this new thing all at once. That would be cool.

DaSaint

Superior Member
Mar 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Rynoboy, post: 0]yeah I agree with you on that
Vista from Apple
HD-DVD from Sony Blu-ray
HDMI from Playstation
Zune from Apple ipod
The list goes on...[/quote]

So we are pretty much waiting for the XBP now...The X Box Portable...hehehe...let me stop

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
LoL XBP... They were going to do it with the Zune, but decided to let it fail in just one category, instead of multiple categories.

Rynoboy

Mod In Training
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Beodude123, post: 0]LoL XBP... They were going to do it with the Zune, but decided to let it fail in just one category, instead of multiple categories.[/quote]
Fail that is funny (or is it just a typo?)

Ubersnuber

Master Poster
Feb 15, 2006
Looks like an imitator to me.
Based on what I know, Home is the first 3d avatar service which lets you hook up with people to play games.
Not that it's a bad thing for them to copy, though.

P

PerkeyMan

Yeah. Poor Sony getting their products stolen. Like Nintendo stole rumble and the analog stick from them. IT'S DISGRACEFUL!

Kougaiji

Elite Member
Mar 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Ubersnuber, post: 0]Looks like an imitator to me.
Based on what I know, Home is the first 3d avatar service which lets you hook up with people to play games.
Not that it's a bad thing for them to copy, though.[/quote]
No, no it is not! The other "3d avatar services" have games as well, but they themselves are also games.

Man.. what is it with new product launches that makes so many people have amnesia.

Saying that Home was the first 3D avatar "chatroom" is like saying that Halo 2 was the first game to have dual wielding. Neither are true, but people still said that ish.

X

Xaor

Home looks better, in all probability is better, and is on the Ps3...

As for whether its been imitated, its an imitation itself, but in anycase its hardly an extremely strange idea anyway, its a simple obvious progression.