AC: Brotherhood advert?

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
Has anyone seen the advert for Brotherhood? It was on Sky Sports last night and it sucked.
Also, it's going to be on ITV1 at half time in the Inter vs Spurs match but I think it may be a different one. If it's the same one as I saw you'll realise how sh*t it is.

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
So Suley, IS that the same video you were talking about? The one I refered to when I originally replied to your post?

ozman79

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2008
Manchester, England
[QUOTE="GrandWazoo, post: 5248050]So Suley, IS that the same video you were talking about? The one I refered to when I originally replied to your post?[/QUOTE]

I think I saw the same trailer as Suley, during the Man U v Bursaspor football match on Wednesday night. If he's talking about the same trailer, then no, it isn't the same as the one you posted. It was crap. Just a bunch of shots of Ezio perched on rooftops with a rubbish techno soundtrack. Same as the ones they did over here for the last two games. Weak.

adz1992

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2005
[QUOTE="ozman79, post: 5248070]I think I saw the same trailer as Suley, during the Man U v Bursaspor football match on Wednesday night. If he's talking about the same trailer, then no, it isn't the same as the one you posted. It was crap. Just a bunch of shots of Ezio perched on rooftops with a rubbish techno soundtrack. Same as the ones they did over here for the last two games. Weak.[/QUOTE]

That's the one i saw, bunch of shots of ezio with Tinie Tempah- Pass out in the background, the NA one is muchh better

Vip3r

Super Elite
Apr 22, 2007
Wonder who the numpty was who decided to use Tinie Tempah for it. Nothing wrong with the song just that it doesn't fit the game at all.

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="SupraGaz, post: 5248918]That NA trailer was awesome :cool: Thanks for the link.[/QUOTE]

My pleasure! And thanks also for the replies ozman79 and adz1992!

Funny that you should mention the techno ozman. My gal and I were watching a movie that takes place in France but was made in Canada recently and the soundtrack was this aweful techno. It was bad even for techno. We got into a discussion afterward about how people think everyone in Europe is techno crazy, but we don't know ANYONE in Europe who likes techno. And we know a LOT of Europeans, people in France, the U.K., Finland, Spain, Holland, all over the place. I'm sure a lot of people like it in Europe, but this impression that all of Europe is crazy for it seems flat out wrong.

ozman79

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2008
Manchester, England
[QUOTE="GrandWazoo, post: 5248988]My pleasure! And thanks also for the replies ozman79 and adz1992!

Funny that you should mention the techno ozman. My gal and I were watching a movie that takes place in France but was made in Canada recently and the soundtrack was this aweful techno. It was bad even for techno. We got into a discussion afterward about how people think everyone in Europe is techno crazy, but we don't know ANYONE in Europe who likes techno. And we know a LOT of Europeans, people in France, the U.K., Finland, Spain, Holland, all over the place. I'm sure a lot of people like it in Europe, but this impression that all of Europe is crazy for it seems flat out wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Techno music is as popular in the UK as it was in the 90's. These days it seems to be a pretty even split between Rock/Indie/Metal and Garage/Rap/RnB. I'm mostly into Rock and Metal myself, as are a lot of my friends, although I do like a bit of Electronica, and some Industrial bands too. A few of my friends are into Trance music too.

There is a sort of stereotypical joke, at least here in the UK, that Germans are all Techno-heads. Not sure about the rest of Europe, though.

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE="GrandWazoo, post: 5248050]So Suley, IS that the same video you were talking about? The one I refered to when I originally replied to your post?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I forgot about this thread. And no the advert you showed wasn't the same one as I saw. Just like some other people in this thread we saw some ****ty advert with Tinie Tempah.
The NA one ****s all over it. Thanks for posting it.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
Activision have started doing that a recently, think it was the same with AC2 and MW2... shots of the game with some popular song in the background just because it's popular and not because it goes.

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 5249105]Activision have started doing that a recently, think it was the same with AC2 and MW2... shots of the game with some popular song in the background just because it's popular and not because it goes.[/QUOTE]

I remember the MW2 one and it had Eminem playing. I thought it actually worked quite well. It was his song in the Black Ops advert as well, but that didn't turn out too good.

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 5249045]Sorry I forgot about this thread. And no the advert you showed wasn't the same one as I saw. Just like some other people in this thread we saw some ****ty advert with Tinie Tempah.
The NA one ****s all over it. Thanks for posting it.[/QUOTE]

Right on Suley, glad you liked the other one better!

adz1992

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2005
[QUOTE="ozman79, post: 5249006]I don't think Techno music is as popular in the UK as it was in the 90's. These days it seems to be a pretty even split between Rock/Indie/Metal and Garage/Rap/RnB. I'm mostly into Rock and Metal myself, as are a lot of my friends, although I do like a bit of Electronica, and some Industrial bands too. A few of my friends are into Trance music too.

There is a sort of stereotypical joke, at least here in the UK, that Germans are all Techno-heads. Not sure about the rest of Europe, though.[/QUOTE]

I actually do like Techno/HappyHardcore/House/Trance etc, but there is a time and place for them, and in an advert is not one of them, especially a pop-tryna-be-techno song on a Game that is set in the Renaissance, what part of the Renaissance screams Tinie Tempa:S

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="adz1992, post: 5249233]I actually do like Techno/HappyHardcore/House/Trance etc, but there is a time and place for them, and in an advert is not one of them, especially a pop-tryna-be-techno song on a Game that is set in the Renaissance, what part of the Renaissance screams Tinie Tempa:S[/QUOTE]

LOL!! I can dig that statement! Even for fans of techno, that is exactly the issue...the music ahould be more appropriate to the material. Oh well, I guess with SO MUCH media out there on the game, they are bound to miss the mark on a few attempts, eh?