AC4 - Trophies not unlocking - Silence Fool & Business and Pleasure

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
I've completed AC4 Story - I've unlocked all the offline Trophies except Silence Fool Y Business and Pleasure (and By the book - still got to go back and get 100% sync on a few missions.).

I've probably earned > 500K Reales so 50K shouldn't be an issue (Last time I logged in it had me ranked ~8500th most productive pirate on AC4.). I've done almost all the Assassin contracts, The only two locations on my map that I haven't turned yellow are Nassau and Kingston. I've fully upgraded my ship, I've made > 300K in shipping alone. ... Not sure why the Business and Pleasure hasn't unlocked.

As for Silence Fool - I've probably killed a dozen guards while they were ringing the bell. I've done it with my hands, with stealth blades, swords, gun, ... and still no glory.

Any thoughts?

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
[QUOTE="vinny_pizza79, post: 6258145]My only thoughts are... damn! You are one hell of a pirate! I'm still trying to get metal without other ships sinking me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Early on it's about picking your enemy's wisely, and doing the right upgrades.

Put a couple upgrades in your Hull, Broadsides (get to 13 and then focus on other items), Round Shot (put a couple into it), Heavy Shot.

Don't bother with mortar shot until you start doing Forts.

Leave the Swivel, Chain Shot, Ram for after your get a got bit into your Hull, Broadsides, Round Shot and Heavy shot.

I'd not bother with the upgrading the capacity of different shot until you've got money to burn.

Whenever you get a chance to start sending ships to your crew (It's after Seq 4) do it. Send everything that you can, only repair your ship if you're down a full segment (possibly not even then if you've got some easy targets nearby and you just took down a bigger ship - they're much more valuable.)

One other thing, you can board ships in battle, DO IT. If not to make repairs with it after you're done, then to get them out of the way and take a break from sea battle to boarding battle.

At the early stages don't just go after ships with metal, you still need Wood (and cloth to a much lesser extent) and still need tons of money which sugar and rum are great for. Make sure you sell off your sugar and Rum.

May 20, 2005
Oklahoma
[QUOTE="TAZ427, post: 6258440]Early on it's about picking your enemy's wisely, and doing the right upgrades.

Put a couple upgrades in your Hull, Broadsides (get to 13 and then focus on other items), Round Shot (put a couple into it), Heavy Shot.

Don't bother with mortar shot until you start doing Forts.

Leave the Swivel, Chain Shot, Ram for after your get a got bit into your Hull, Broadsides, Round Shot and Heavy shot.

I'd not bother with the upgrading the capacity of different shot until you've got money to burn.

Whenever you get a chance to start sending ships to your crew (It's after Seq 4) do it. Send everything that you can, only repair your ship if you're down a full segment (possibly not even then if you've got some easy targets nearby and you just took down a bigger ship - they're much more valuable.)

One other thing, you can board ships in battle, DO IT. If not to make repairs with it after you're done, then to get them out of the way and take a break from sea battle to boarding battle.

At the early stages don't just go after ships with metal, you still need Wood (and cloth to a much lesser extent) and still need tons of money which sugar and rum are great for. Make sure you sell off your sugar and Rum.[/QUOTE]
This is all really great advice. That's pretty much how I've been doing it so far and I've made really good progress. Use these tips.

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
Sorry OP, I have no idea on the Silence you fool trophy, as i got it when I was liberating supplies from one of the plantations.
Enemy was ringing the bell so I ran right up behind him and stabbed him in the back, trophy popped right away.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Yeah, I'm guessing mines glitched out, unfortunately. I'm considering starting up a new run and get to Havana quickly and do a quick run at trying to re-do it with a new game save. If so I guess I could use it to earn the 50K Reales too, but that's friggin' annoying.