Activision Customer Care is NICE!

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Last week we submitted a ticket to activision customer care in regards to our Band Hero kick pedal. The thing stopped working. The plastic on the wires had begun to break away. We received an immediate reply via email asking us to post pictures with the ticket number written on a notepad or something. We were also told if no response was given in about 4 days it'd be assumed the problem has solved itself. We waited a week and they still accepted this. Within minutes of sending in the pictures we were met with a request to have our address and phone number to have a replacement sent out. No charge, no questions asked even on the warranty.

Thought i'd share :)

Despite making poor corporate decisions that make us, the gamers, feel as though they are the enemy, Activision does seem to have excellent customer care far beyond that of a major phone company. This is where it really counts for me.

Anywho there's a thread somewhere about Activision being sued by ex-infinity war heads somewhere. I think it needs more pitchforks.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5585100]Last week we submitted a ticket to activision customer care in regards to our Band Hero kick pedal. The thing stopped working. The plastic on the wires had begun to break away. We received an immediate reply via email asking us to post pictures with the ticket number written on a notepad or something. We were also told if no response was given in about 4 days it'd be assumed the problem has solved itself. We waited a week and they still accepted this. Within minutes of sending in the pictures we were met with a request to have our address and phone number to have a replacement sent out. No charge, no questions asked even on the warranty.

Thought i'd share :)

Despite making poor corporate decisions that make us, the gamers, feel as though they are the enemy, Activision does seem to have excellent customer care far beyond that of a major phone company. This is where it really counts for me.

Anywho there's a thread somewhere about Activision being sued by ex-infinity war heads somewhere. I think it needs more pitchforks.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I actually found EA had also amped up their customer service. Regarding a question about Dead Space 2 online pass I logged onto the EA site and went to contact, and I found you could actually have a text chat with their reps. I had to wait 5 mins but then a chat box opened and I was able to communicate directly with someone. I found this to be extremely cool and a really nice initiative from EA. I am glad your problem was resolved in such a cool manner.:D