After beating MGS4 I gotta say(Spoilers!!)

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
That one fight between ocelot and snake on the submarine was badazz. Who else thought they weren't going to let the gamer in on the fight? I may have to try and beat it again next weekend.

Shadowstar

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2006
[QUOTE="nightcrawler, post: 0]Its the best part of the game and the best boss fight ever. I wish all boss fights were like that.[/quote]
Ah, it was okay. I mean, it was cool and all, but I preferred the (playable) scene before it, and in terms of boss fights, it can't quite beat MGS3's The End. IMO, obviously.

T-Dogg400

Superior Member
Jun 14, 2008
The fight Snake against Ocelot was the big one where you would have to end Ocleot's power on the submarine. Also facing vamp was another extrodinary fight where i was confused at first then knew what to do. All boss fights, should be like the ones in MGS series.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Honestly all the fights were great, I mean everything was greatness and slick elements only MGS knows to add. I just thought the Liquid Ocelot fight was the one the got the most response out of me. Mainly because at this point in the story I felt Snake was owed alot for getting his azz beat, face charred, age induced, disease killing him(before the twist), love interest lost(meryl clings to turd boy? WTF lol), crawling through a microwave heat box for everybody and alot of allies getting the shaft. getting a chance to beat up on Ocelot was refreshing i guess.But yea all the fights were great.

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
I loved all the boss fights. The only one I struggled with was Crying Wolf but I got there in the end. The one with Ocelot was probably my least favourite and it too was quite challenging (those headbutts were a serious pain in the butt). I thought the final battle was more a button mashing affair as opposed to the others before it.

Vamp was the easiest imo (strange really because as the cut scene before the fight was playing I was thinking he was going to be a nightmare to beat)

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
It was good, but certainly not the best fight seen in a Metal Gear game. I'd have to say that the award for that category goes to The End in MGS3. That was pure epic.

Sep 2, 2006
The Sceaming Mantis fight was the only bad one. It was funny when Psycho Mantis tried reading my save file and making my controller rumble. :lol:

The Rex vs Ray fight was great. The final fight was cool too. Nice touch with having the different themes and health bars.

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
[QUOTE="PXG S3, post: 0]The Sceaming Mantis fight was the only bad one. It was funny when Psycho Mantis tried reading my save file and making my controller rumble. :lol:
[/quote]Did you know you get a slightly different ending depending on whether you are playing with DS3 or sixaxis controller? The latter is quite amusing. :)

The Rex vs Ray fight was great.
Hugely confusing at first. I couldn't work out how to get the damn thing to move and face the direction I wanted it. Easy once I had sussed out how it worked.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Sparc, post: 0]I couldn't work out how to get the damn thing to move and face the direction I wanted it. Easy once I had sussed out how it worked.[/quote]
I thought I was the only one. I couldn't understand the controls for REX, and felt like a right noob when it wouldn't do what I wanted it to do. Once it was moving, though, everything just felt right. I just stormed through the corridors shooting like mad at the GEKKO.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Sparc, post: 0]Did you know you get a slightly different ending depending on whether you are playing with DS3 or sixaxis controller? The latter is quite amusing. :)[/quote]
Since I sold my sixasis, do tell about the latter.

[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 0]It was good, but certainly not the best fight seen in a Metal Gear game. I'd have to say that the award for that category goes to The End in MGS3. That was pure epic.[/quote]
It was weird no doubt. But honestly the favorite of mines isd the first psycho mantic fight, at the time i didn't think i'd see a better boss fight. But honestly i don't think there was ever a boss fight that sucked in the series. I just thought the BandB fights were damn fun.

Do not double-post, it's against the rules. ~ WonsAuto

Jan 9, 2007
i really enjoyed the whole part of going thru the hallway toward the end with ocelot ..
with the whole splitscreen thing and everyhitng .. that was probably the most touching and heartwrenching part for me .. i mean i actually felt snakes "fight until my last breath" "never give up" attitude there .

this entire game is just flatout epic ....

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 0]It was good, but certainly not the best fight seen in a Metal Gear game. I'd have to say that the award for that category goes to The End in MGS3. That was pure epic.[/quote]
...? What the hell was so epic about sniping a 100-year old sniper to death? This was clearly a hell of a lot more epic than that fight. It was THE final fight between the two Snakes..

Jan 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]...? What the hell was so epic about sniping a 100-year old sniper to death? This was clearly a hell of a lot more epic than that fight. It was THE final fight between the two Snakes..[/quote]
id have to agree here as this was brother vs brother cain vs abel if you will

Dec 30, 2007
I don't think there was any other way they could have had Snake finish Liquid. I had a feeling this would happen, since it's how the last actual fight between Snake and Liquid went in MGS.

Shadowstar

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2006
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]...? What the hell was so epic about sniping a 100-year old sniper to death? This was clearly a hell of a lot more epic than that fight. It was THE final fight between the two Snakes..[/quote]
Meh. This was a button mashing fight sequence, more or less.

Merchant

Elite Member
Jul 23, 2006

If you wanted his camo you have to hold him up three times and to get the Mosen Nagant (Best weapon in MGS imo) you have to tranq him. For a completionist there is a lot more to this fight than just sniping him.

Dec 30, 2007
I thought the fight with The End was awesome. There's nothing like stalking carefully through the jungle, watching each direction to try and get a shot off before he gets you first. But I still thought the fight between Snake and Liquid was epic as well...

madhi19

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2008
The whole shadow moses act was filled with four amazing boss fight!
By the way you can do special move with Rex if you get in close combat with Ray! And their a major continuity error with MGS REX!!!
---------------- Now playing: Howard101 via FoxyTunes

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
the fight is between Snake and Ocelot. no, seriously, If you believe otherwise, you weren't paying attention. ^__^

[QUOTE="Shadowstar, post: 0]Meh. This was a button mashing fight sequence, more or less.[/quote]

i can tell which people played the game on the harder difficulties, and who played on the lowest. This fight can get pretty difficult, his patterns are erratic and the one hitter quitter he has can get irritating.

Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]the fight is between Snake and Ocelot. no, seriously, If you believe otherwise, you weren't paying attention. ^__^[/quote]

That much is true. I just can't get the idea of Liquid Ocelot out of my head. >.<

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
[QUOTE="madhi19, post: 0]The whole shadow moses act was filled with four amazing boss fight!
By the way you can do special move with Rex if you get in close combat with Ray! And their a major continuity error with MGS REX!!!
----------------[/quote]

You mean MG REX..as far as continuity error..are you sure?

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]the fight is between Snake and Ocelot. no, seriously, If you believe otherwise, you weren't paying attention. ^__^

i can tell which people played the game on the harder difficulties, and who played on the lowest. This fight can get pretty difficult, his patterns are erratic and the one hitter quitter he has can get irritating.[/quote]The fight wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination but it was still pretty much a button masher, although I learned (a bit too late tbh although I did just about survive) to wait for him to come to you and get him always on the counter. That almost always worked. Shame I was about 2/3 way through the battle before I twigged on :D

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I really wish instead of a cutscene we were able to play out the fight. I would have liked to play as Raiden during his fight with Vamp etc. To many cutscenes in this game.

Shadowstar

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2006
[QUOTE="Sparc, post: 0]The fight wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination but it was still pretty much a button masher, although I learned (a bit too late tbh although I did just about survive) to wait for him to come to you and get him always on the counter. That almost always worked. Shame I was about 2/3 way through the battle before I twigged on :D[/quote]
Exactly. Hard != not button mashing.

I think it would have been a really boring fight, if not for the meta stuff happening along with it (the music and the health bar changes).

4eyedSnake

The Ocelot fight is really really awesome, but the end from mgs 3 is the best fight of the series

closely followed by the ocelot one

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 0]I really wish instead of a cutscene we were able to play out the fight. I would have liked to play as Raiden during his fight with Vamp etc. To many cutscenes in this game.[/quote]

"Too" although i disagree with your cutscene opinion.

but WOW..i'm glad you didn't get Final "Say" in this game! you do understand that this is Solid Snakes last mission right?
You also understand the backlash MGS2 got for having Snakes playtime shared by Raiden, correct? So would playing as Raiden during a fight Solid Snake has no part in seem like a good idea to you? YES! thank you for having an opinion that didn't effect the game!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]"Too" although i disagree with your cutscene opinion.

but WOW..i'm glad you didn't get Final "Say" in this game! you do understand that this is Solid Snakes last mission right?
You also understand the backlash MGS2 got for having Snakes playtime shared by Raiden, correct? So would playing as Raiden during a fight Solid Snake has no part in seem like a good idea to you? YES! thank you for having an opinion that didn't effect the game![/quote]

Jesus christ calm down killer. I bet if you had the final word the whold damn game would be a movie. I am not the only that hoped they could have done more fighting than watching. And are you seriously giving me a spell check? OMG, GTFO, LOL. Spell check those while your at it.

You act like I just beat your mother. Always so damn offended. Oh my god Lethal wants more fighting and less cutscenes!!!!! I am so glad he didnt make this game.

Sounds like Pantyhelmet has his panties pulled up to high.

Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]"Too" although i disagree with your cutscene opinion.

You also understand the backlash MGS2 got for having Snakes playtime shared by Raiden, correct? So would playing as Raiden during a fight Solid Snake has no part in seem like a good idea to you? YES! thank you for having an opinion that didn't effect the game![/quote]

I wouldn't have minded playing as Raiden for a little bit, and believe me, I freaked out about Raiden back in MGS2 at first as well.

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract

"Snake's"

Calm down. It's just a game and everyone is entitled to voice what they would and would not like. No need to act like you personally developed it.