All the Games on the PlayStation VR Demo Disc

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/all-the-games-on-the-playstation-vr-demo-disc/

When it comes to VR, seeing is believing. It’s hard to get a sense of the magical worlds that VR transports you to by just reading about the games, or seeing photos and videos. For that reason, we’re including a free demo disc in each retail PlayStation VR unit (both the launch bundle and core unit) that’s jam-packed with content.

The disc includes demos of entertainment and gaming content spanning across a wide variety of diverse genres. That way, you can get a sense of the content you enjoy the most and can even click to purchase and download the game after trying the demo.
Also, if your friends have a PS4 system but have not played PS VR yet, just bring your PS VR and demo disc over to their place so they can have a go!
Now without further ado, here’s what you get on the disc:

• Allumette (Penrose)
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
  • Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
  • Gnog (KO_OP)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
  • Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
  • Thumper (Drool)
  • Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • Within (Within)

The demo disc will also be available for download at PlayStation Store for free after PS VR launches.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I was quite literally reading the same article before clicking your thread, haha.

This is cool though. I haven't played game demos on an actual disc since the PS2 days.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
What about the Japanese release? I know the UK only gets 8 demos. Japan probably gets more, but 1. They're in Japanese, 2. They will likely be things like Hatsune Miku and Summer Lesson, which I have zero interest in.

EDIT: Oops, missed the last line. You can download them, too. Ok. That's fine, then. Actually, having Japanese demos would be great for showing it off, here, as most of the people I'd show it to are Japanese.

Last edited:

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
This is pretty cool. Reminds me when I had a PS1 that came with an actual demo disc full of games. But at least this will give VR owners a chance to try out a good list of games to show off to others and buy.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
I still need some convincing about VR. None of those games on the demo disc are screaming buy me.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
[QUOTE="MacP, post: 6521094]I still need some convincing about VR. None of those games on the demo disc are screaming buy me.[/QUOTE]

Have you played it? The only reason I ask is because VR is impossible to understand unless you've used it. Even Cardboard doesn't give you the best picture of it. You should have tried, at the very least, Rift DK2 for a little while (I'd give it 2-3 minutes at least) before you can make a statement about VR, and no one will be able to convince you about VR until you try it.

Last edited: