Almost got robbed in front of my house!!

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
I was walking home listening to my ipod, and this guy tried to rob me of my ipod in front of my house. Gladly, he thought otherwise, and walked away. My brother called the cops, but I doubt they'll come over. I am slightly scared that this guy knows where I live. Any advice?

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
[QUOTE="Cliché-Skating, post: 0]Buy some Claymores and plant them infront of your door ![/quote]

Too much Call of Duty...

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Yea I would camp until he comes back to get the iPod again. While you have the claymores in place, I would keep turning left and right to make sure you have both sides covered so he doesn't go past them without alerting you.

And if he does, be sure to use a knife rather than a gun up close because remember, knife is only one hit.

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Yea I would camp until he comes back to get the iPod again. While you have the claymores in place, I would keep turning left and right to make sure you have both sides covered so he doesn't go past them without alerting you.

And if he does, be sure to use a knife rather than a gun up close because remember, knife is only one hit.[/quote]

Hhahahahah :lol:

Anyway , on topic.

If the Claymores dont work , maybe try to use C4. Get your iPod , put it on your front step , but put some C4 underneath it , then when he gets lured into it .. WHAM +10 XP.

elite gamer

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2009
my mum nearly got robbed. On holiday we went to the bank and these people followed our taxi by motorbike. one jumped off as we got out and tried to grab her bag but she like elbowed his face and owned him so he ran off.

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
[QUOTE="Paper Shredder, post: 0]I have been robbed before....it is truly an experience you won't forget when someone sticks a gun in your face[/quote]
Now that is something I never want to experience. Still paranoid as hell that someone knows where I live. But I doubt he's from that area. Nobody would do something like that if they lived around the area.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
That's crazy, go ninja style and hide in a bush until he comes back. When he does just through some spikes at him... that would teach him a lesson not to come near you house again.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 4467254]What if he has the Bomb Squad perk? :p[/quote]
:snicker

but what difference would knowing where you live make, surely if hes going to rob you hes going to rob you. unless you think hes going to follow you till he knows you far enough away from home. but most robbers are opportunists anyway so that's very very unlikely.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Cliché-Skating, post: 0]Hhahahahah :lol:

Anyway , on topic.

If the Claymores dont work , maybe try to use C4. Get your iPod , put it on your front step , but put some C4 underneath it , then when he gets lured into it .. WHAM +10 XP.[/quote]
:lol: lmao @ +10 XP.

[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 4467254]What if he has the Bomb Squad perk? :p[/quote]
Darn...ok we need to find out COD:MW2 perks, maybe there's a perk that disables the bomb squad perk.

I loved this perk btw. Best for people who wanted to plant the bomb within a minute!

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
A little more detail would help - when you say "Almost got robbed" did you just suspect this guy might try something, or did he approach you, or physically touch you? Display a weapon?

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
Oh man, sorry to hear. That sucks. Someone tried to steal from my dads car one night as he had left the window every so slightly open..luckily our neighbour was coming home at the time and scared them away.

I guess he'll probably not come back as it's somewhat stupid to try to steal something from someone right by their house.

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
He didn't use anything. I didn't want to take him on. He was fairly bigger than me, and I didn't want to get my *** whooped. :lol:

A little more detail would help - when you say "Almost got robbed" did you just suspect this guy might try something, or did he approach you, or physically touch you? Display a weapon?
I was approached by him as I tried to open the door to my house. I didn't open the door because I was alone.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="AJJets, post: 0]He didn't use anything. I didn't want to take him on. He was fairly bigger than me, and I didn't want to get my *** whooped. :lol:

I was approached by him as I tried to open the door to my house. I didn't open the door because I was alone.[/quote]

If he was bigger than you, why did he run away? or walk away?

Should HE be scared with claymores around his front door?

Looks like he was scared of you!

I could totally see this on yahoo answers: "Walked into a scary man with iPod, what to do!?"

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
He threatened to rob me. He was like I could knock you out right now. For someone whose looking at someone pretty big 6'3 about 200. I don't know if he was trying to bust my balls or what. He was looking for someone I knew, but didn't know where he was.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
[QUOTE="AJJets, post: 0]He threatened to rob me. He was like I could knock you out right now. For someone whose looking at someone pretty big 6'3 about 200. I don't know if he was trying to bust my balls or what. He was looking for someone I knew, but didn't know where he was.[/quote]

So what did you say that he backed off?

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
[QUOTE="AJJets, post: 0]He threatened to rob me. He was like I could knock you out right now. For someone whose looking at someone pretty big 6'3 about 200. I don't know if he was trying to bust my balls or what. He was looking for someone I knew, but didn't know where he was.[/quote]

OK, it's starting to make sense now - this wasn't completely random, there some (even if indirect) connection between you and this guy.

Do you live in an apartment or duplex or something?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Ok so either he was mistaken or ...well, I donno what else it could be (Edit: err wait, he was looking for someone you knew so obviously you're mixed in with some wrong people, unless! he was looking for someone that you don't really know? Do you know the guy he was looking for?).

You said he was 6" 3 and around 200lb (can't be 200lb unless he was skinny, I'm 5"10 and I'm around 197lb and I don't look big). He must've been 220lb-230lb at least according to his height.

But again, I think he was probably just mistaken. Or maybe he forgot to plan things ahead? :lol: Maybe he'll come up with a better plan! (sorry to scare you)

I would call the cops and ask them what to do. They might have a better idea considering they must go through this kinda stuff a lot.

If he didn't have any weapons or anything then you're probably ok. Are you friends with some wrong people? Or have any enemies? If not, then you probably shouldn't worry. Most likely he thought you were someone else 'cause he had you there, he left on his own, you did not run inside the house before he could catch you. He spared you.

AJJets

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
I know who he was looking for through a mutual friend. I am new to the area so I don't look for trouble. So I am fine with that. Yeah, he didn't have any weapons, but still pretty scary for me. I am gonna buy a bear. Therefore, nobody would want to **** with me. :lol:

Do you live in an apartment or duplex or something?
No in a casa. ;)