Amazing how fast time flies......

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
At the age of 22, looking back and thinking of all the time that's passed makes me depressed. I was a child when I joined here.

The time went by way too fast...

[QUOTE="Ezekiel, post: 6448138]Just to be a troll and completely DERAIL the thread... :snicker

Time is a constant...

Your perception of said time is relative.

Yeah yeah. I'm such an ass. :p

In any case though... put your wee-wee away.[/QUOTE]

Actually, time isn't a constant. It's a variable rate defined by the curvature of spacetime. :icon_thumright:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Gilly3, post: 6448997]i remember the old Lethals Girls Thread. i also remember having to check every post for nudity..... not a job i found hard mind you.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention wrecking the forums when deleting said nudity. :snicker If memory serves me correctly. Lol

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
The ban thread used to be a lot of laughs. Man I miss those guy's, I feel like crying. Lol

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6448999]At the age of 22, looking back and thinking of all the time that's passed makes me depressed. I was a child when I joined here.

The time went by way too fast...

Actually, time isn't a constant. It's a variable rate defined by the curvature of spacetime. :icon_thumright:[/QUOTE]
well then wait until you're 32.

and you're still a child, you're 22 lol. you couldn't enter a bar 2 years ago!

Last edited:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6447764]I joined this from back in 2007. I was 27 years old and had 3 kids. Today I am 35 and have 7 kids.

I have seen hundreds of members come and go. But what is really cool, is that there are still a few old school members posting here. Like a strange brotherly bond. PSU is just part of my daily routine. I do not think about it, I just log on.

So many things have come and gone in my life over the last 8 years, but PSU (PS3F) has always remained part of my daily routine.

I was a lot more fun back then though. I had a "Lethal's Hot Chick of the Day" thread. I was doing giveaways, and writing reviews as much as I could. Won a few awards on this forum over the years as well.

I was an SMC, Moderator, and Administrator for this forum. It is just amazing looking back at how much has happened here.

Lets hope there is another 8 years in the future![/QUOTE]
8 more years of PSU? FUCK THAT SHIT lol. let's hope we're still playing games in 8 years...

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6447772]yeah....members come and go, but we have a core group here that keeps coming back. Love that. Next month is my 8 year anniversary. Hard to believe.

[/QUOTE]This. :snicker

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6447772]yeah....members come and go, but we have a core group here that keeps coming back. Love that. Next month is my 8 year anniversary. Hard to believe.
[/QUOTE]

So you love your hard core?

[video=youtube;1RDMRaubIrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDMRaubIrs[/video]

Last edited:
May 29, 2005
[QUOTE="hoverbike, post: 6448957]Yeah I've noticed it bigtime and even the last few weeks have been nuts, one week feels like one day at this point. I posted a thread on here back in 2005 about how fast time was flying, I'd now give up ice cream just to have that "slow" pace of life if you will. I thought it was getting out of control back then, damn! :confused:[/QUOTE]
Its been nearly two years since I made this post and now it is (time flying perception) much quicker than even spring of 2015. Pretty much my worst fears about how my conscious is perceiving it are coming true. Its almost 1/3 of April done and I still feel I'm in winter mode, winter went by so fast that I'll forget we even had one pretty much a couple days from now. Stuff that happened 8 years ago feels like mere months.

Waiting without doing anything also isn't a burden, time goes by fast even then. I can't deeply enjoy things like in the past because of all this, like 5 hours isn't even enough for most things I want to accomplish or learn. What I could do in 3 days will now take 4+ weeks. F this shit!!

[QUOTE="hoverbike, post: 6527946]Its been nearly two years since I made this post and now it is (time flying perception) much quicker than even spring of 2015. Pretty much my worst fears about how my conscious is perceiving it are coming true. Its almost 1/3 of April done and I still feel I'm in winter mode, winter went by so fast that I'll forget we even had one pretty much a couple days from now. Stuff that happened 8 years ago feels like mere months.

Waiting without doing anything also isn't a burden, time goes by fast even then. I can't deeply enjoy things like in the past because of all this, like 5 hours isn't even enough for most things I want to accomplish or learn. What I could do in 3 days will now take 4+ weeks. F this $#@!!![/QUOTE]Thanks for the Necro-bump hoverbike (I still remember you from back in the days, hoverbike!), gives me a chance to pop in here and say "Hi!" to the old crew. I TOTALLY feel you! I feel the exact same... It's already the friggin' END of April, and here it still felt like the beginning of the year to me... Jesus, where did all that time go?!

@Lethal: I still remember ya! Don't remember much about you, to be fair, but you were definitely one of the "regulars" that I still recognize by name. Congrats on making Admin of the site, I hope they're at least paying you for your time/troubles ;)! Haha. Speaking of which, why the heck isn't the forums behind https? Someone could steal all the users' accounts... Can't you do something as the Admin around here?

I don't visit this site anymore, but I do recall my time here rather fondly. I hope you guys are all doing well in life, and hopefully we're all able to still enjoy gaming.

I joined this forum in 2004 (holy mother of god... that's 13 years ago!). We're all growing old(er) (sighs...), and honestly, I can't believe that time just flew by like that! Had a blast debating the PS3 specs prior to launch and fighting off an onslaught of fanboys from every which way... Haha, those were the good times! It's a good thing I'm not wasting what's left of my life arguing on the interwebs with fanbots anymore. I guess I got a least a little wiser as I got older, heh.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Dude, haven't seen you in ages. And you're one of the few people that's been here longer than me. :p My original username was PeanutButterMunky, but that just seemed weird to use after all this time.
As for the forums, that is a horrifically long and particularly depressing story. Basically, nothing will be done about the forums unless we get new owners. That's the short of it. The long story is a battle that's been going on for years, with very little to show for it. So it's a bit of a sensitive topic. :p I wish we had stayed on the original phpBB, cuz at least then we could continuously update the forums to the latest software for free with no issues. But we're on this terribly outdated version 4 of vBulletin and we're wanting to upgrade to a different platform entirely.

I'm glad you are doing well and it's nice to see old vets pop in here.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6528463]Dude, haven't seen you in ages. And you're one of the few people that's been here longer than me. :p My original username was PeanutButterMunky, but that just seemed weird to use after all this time.
As for the forums, that is a horrifically long and particularly depressing story. Basically, nothing will be done about the forums unless we get new owners. That's the short of it. The long story is a battle that's been going on for years, with very little to show for it. So it's a bit of a sensitive topic. :p I wish we had stayed on the original phpBB, cuz at least then we could continuously update the forums to the latest software for free with no issues. But we're on this terribly outdated version 4 of vBulletin and we're wanting to upgrade to a different platform entirely.

I'm glad you are doing well and it's nice to see old vets pop in here.[/QUOTE]Oh hey PBM! No wonder I didn't recognize your name when I saw "Brandon", hehe :p. How've you been? I strolled through the forums last night and seems like there's only vets bickering (lol :snicker), and fresh blood is few and far in between... The forums seem a lot less vibrant than before :sad:.

If you don't mind me asking, are the current owners of PSU still the same owners as before? Or they've sold it off to some other outlet and now it's owned by another media entity?

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Lol yeah. Vets bickering pretty much sums it up. It's hard to bring in new blood when the forums are now an afterthought, even though the forums being the focus is what birthed PSU.com in the first place, but oh well.

The site has seen new owners several times now. Obviously, Kieran and Seb peaced out almost a decade ago ... and I left for a while after that. I honestly don't know the current state of ownership. Chris could tell you a lot more about that. He's one of the main reasons this site is still functional. Great guy, but his hands are tied for the reasons previously stated. If I had fatty cash lying around I'd just buy the site myself and give full power to those that truly care about the site. If my new business takes off like I hope it will, that might actually be an option in the future if the site is still around. Right now we just make due.

May 29, 2005
[QUOTE="The_One, post: 6528453]Thanks for the Necro-bump hoverbike (I still remember you from back in the days, hoverbike!), gives me a chance to pop in here and say "Hi!" to the old crew. I TOTALLY feel you! I feel the exact same... It's already the friggin' END of April, and here it still felt like the beginning of the year to me... Jesus, where did all that time go?!

I don't visit this site anymore, but I do recall my time here rather fondly. I hope you guys are all doing well in life, and hopefully we're all able to still enjoy gaming.[/QUOTE]
Hey The_One, I also remember you. You had the Linux Penguin for most of your time here for an avatar. Nice to see one of the early members after not dropping in myself for a while. IIRC, you were gone for a number of years before returning again in which the vast majority of your posts were made and then left at some point.

Necro-bumps are fun, there was a real good one about web browsers from 2005 and what I wrote is something I either don't remember at all or have a completely different opinion on now. Some time ago I was reading stuff I posted 12 years ago and much of it I have zero recollection of writing.

As far as enjoying gaming, I only for the most part play old games like FFT, Vice City, etc. I also watch videos of super mario world hacks being played. The 3 newest video games I've had a rendezvous with are GTA V, Super Mario Maker, and Fast-Racing Neo. When I look at the current state of gaming I just think "damn".

[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6528463]Dude, haven't seen you in ages. And you're one of the few people that's been here longer than me. :p My original username was PeanutButterMunky, but that just seemed weird to use after all this time.

I'm glad you are doing well and it's nice to see old vets pop in here.[/QUOTE]
I agree with staying on the original phpBB, I warned that it would be a major mistake and oh lookie it was. Imagine how fast we could transverse this board with it still as that. It was a slick layout, still among the best I've ever encountered. What's horrifically depressing is the number of message boards I've been on being destroyed by "forum software upgrades" that have made the experience turn into a painful blister. Mind-blowingly stupid changes. I notice users leave in droves every time there is a overhaul that is spoken as an upgrade but is really just a knock-out punch. Every time I catch wind that a board layout change or major upgrade is planned its devastating news not positive because I know what comes next. Last year was the worst yet for boards and sites shooting themselves like that and then a huge kick in the nuts came in Feb when IMDB shut down their message boards (I know, 80% of the users there were inane bastards).

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="hoverbike, post: 6530423]I agree with staying on the original phpBB, I warned that it would be a major mistake and oh lookie it was. Imagine how fast we could transverse this board with it still as that. It was a slick layout, still among the best I've ever encountered. What's horrifically depressing is the number of message boards I've been on being destroyed by "forum software upgrades" that have made the experience turn into a painful blister. Mind-blowingly stupid changes. I notice users leave in droves every time there is a overhaul that is spoken as an upgrade but is really just a knock-out punch. Every time I catch wind that a board layout change or major upgrade is planned its devastating news not positive because I know what comes next. Last year was the worst yet for boards and sites shooting themselves like that and then a huge kick in the nuts came in Feb when IMDB shut down their message boards (I know, 80% of the users there were inane bastards).[/QUOTE]
Yup. I fought to keep phpBB, but they went with vB. phpBB is still free and the site would always be running on the absolute latest software had they stuck with it. The site worked really well back then. Our only issue was when the PS3 was first announced there was so much ungodly traffic that we had to upgrade all the servers. E3 damn near took down the site on several occasions. Fun times. :)

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6528463]And you're one of the few people that's been here longer than me. :p My original username was PeanutButterMunky, but that just seemed weird to use after all this time.[/QUOTE]
Oh I had no idea you were PeanutButterMunky so many people have changed their usernames it's hard to know who's who. I never decided to change my username as I thought it would probably add to the confusion. A lot of good people have come and gone on this forum it will be my 10 year anniversary next year.

What kept me going on this forum in my early days was the sense of humour and banter, I would often log-on and chuckle at people's posts since then it has been a part of me. I have become a very educated gamer, I have learnt so much being on this forums about the gaming industry and how it work's and seeing all the thread's about exciting new games getting released.

I will never forget the PS3 is doomed threads that used to keep appearing every day lmao.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That's my homie, Kwes, right there! A little older and with a badass scar over his left eye (probably from a fight with the missus) but I'll never forget that name. =)

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6531741]That's my homie, Kwes, right there! A little older and with a badass scar over his left eye (probably from a fight with the missus) but I'll never forget that name. =)[/QUOTE]

Mah boi! :snicker

The missus packs quite the punch, had to drown my sorrows by coming back and getting a good little dose of nostalgia from the ole days of PSU.

Last edited: