Analyst: Halo 3 Back in the Frame ...

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
Yes, another anyalist's prediction so take it for what it's worth :lol:

According to this guy, MS might end up releasing Halo 3 at or around the PS3's launch date to try and put a damper on PS3 sales.

Sure, Halo 3 being released so close to PS3's launch would definetely be a kick in the nuts for Sony :lol: but I personally don't think it will happen. even if it did, I don't think it would be a very smart move on Microsofts part because as big as Halo 3 is, The PS3 will be every bit as big. I think it would be bad for both companies.

MS should either release Halo BEFORE the PS3's release, or sometime after. It's more likely they'd sell more copies of the game that way.

Still. Anything could happen.

What do you huy's think?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2494&Itemid=2

Analyst: Halo 3 Back in the Frame
By Colin Campbell
A leading analyst says PlayStation 3's delay could prompt Microsoft to seek to sabotage the launch with the timely release of its key Xbox 360 title Halo 3.
Image Hiroshi Kamide, analyst at KBC Securities in Tokyo said, "The Xbox 360 will now have had a year’s head start. The danger is that they could target very big-hitting titles at the launch of the PS3 just to sabotage it. If they release Halo 3 – Microsoft’s biggest selling game – timed to PS3, that will be quite damaging for Sony."

Last year, Bill Gates famously stated that Halo 3 would be lying in wait for PlayStation 3's spring launch. But Microsoft then distanced itself from these remarks, as it became clear that the game would not be ready. But PlayStation 3's delay is bound to have put the prospect of spoiling Sony's party back on the agenda.

A

Aleman

If they don't want people to buy the PS3 or wait for a PS3 shortage to end, then they'll need many strong reasons for people to buy a 360. I can't think of a better game than Halo for this.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
The Ps3 will sell no matter what. I'd prefer to wait until the launch fever is gone and the release HALO to help that fever last less time.

WhatRuOn

Super Bias Moderator
Dec 1, 2005
I doubt Halo will "divert" people away from buying a PS3. If anything, it might steal some media thunder away from it.

A

A.H 6619

Microsoft needs to create hype for Halo 3 before PS3 launches. To take attention away from Sony.

themann4200

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2005
www.pbase.com
Aquanox said:
The Ps3 will sell no matter what. I'd prefer to wait until the launch fever is gone and the release HALO to help that fever last less time.
i agree with this. if somebody is ready to spend upwards of 500 or 600 on a new system, the ps3, then one 50 or 60 dollar game isn't going to stop them.

Keesie

Forum Sage
Aug 23, 2005
Aquanox said:
lol, Aquanox, for the first time ever, I agree with you! that's just like, if sony had lowered the ps2 price at the launch of the 360, it wouldn't have made a huge difference :p

J

justintheman99

halo 3 will launch next to the movie in summer of 2007. No way would it make someone stop from buying a console. However, if marketed right it may take some attention away from the PS3. I say wait and make sure the game is better than Halo 2. :wink:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
What I'm saying is that there are enough hardcore Ps3 fans willing to pay whathever it takes for a new PS3. Just take a look at the x360 launch and all those boxes sold at more than $600 - 1000$ in auctions every single day.

Said this, it's quite impossible for anyone to release something so super duper fantastic that will keep this people away from the Sony shelves.

However, it's about how many of the non hardcore fans are convinced by Microsoft to buy a x360 instead of a PS3, and that war wont really take place until around 6 months after the PS3 is launched launch or maybe after one whole year.

Both companies will sell all their stock in the first year before they know they have produced them. (Taking MS in Japan as an exceptional case we all know about) After that, the real battle will take place that will make look the Nintendo vs. SEGA fight like a school brawl.

WhatRuOn

Super Bias Moderator
Dec 1, 2005
If the PS3 and Halo3 release at the same time...I don't think I'll be getting sleep/going to work for a looooong time.

B

Basic Chair

Let's not lie to ourselves here. If Halo released on the same day as the PS3, it might not stop the hardcore fans from buying the consol, but it would deter anyone that was on the fence to buy an xbox just for Halo 3.
Aquanox is right though, it would be smarter for Microsoft to wait for the PS3 launch hype to settle before creating their own hype.

mrtea

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2006
Aleman said:
If they don't want people to buy the PS3 or wait for a PS3 shortage to end, then they'll need many strong reasons for people to buy a 360. I can't think of a better game than Halo for this.
I think they will include more before ps3 release such as,
too human
mass effect
lost odyssey
halo 3
dead rising
blue dragon
gears of war
...just endless exclusives
then hit with a huge console price drop, and undoubtedly a couple new features included close to ps3 release (so sony will not have time to ripp them and include them) then sell a bigger HDD which was already being planned, possibaly a HDDVD also to help them get the format solidified.

reality

Super Elite
Dec 12, 2005
Imo i think that ms will do a lot better to launch halo3 after the ps3 launch , and i think is all going to depend in the abailability of the ps3 , because if after sony launch (only god knows the price of it)plus who can say for sure that there's not going to be a shortage of systems , and if the ps3 graphically or game wise is somewhat of a let down actually halo3 could sell a lot of xbox 360 , by that time the 360 games are going to kick az , just look a the last games coming out for the 360 and just imagine in 07 how they are going to look . Anyways i don't think that a single great game from any franchise can slow down a behemoth like ps3 , but if the ps3 disappoint a little bit that may help halo3 or i should say ms . like i said it all depends in some factors . I think this was posted before and they asked "you think halo3 will slow down the ps3 " I don't see how but to answer i will say it again only the ps3 slows the ps3 .

reality

Super Elite
Dec 12, 2005
WhatRuOn said:
If the PS3 and Halo3 release at the same time...I don't think I'll be getting sleep/going to work for a looooong time.
that's very funny :lol: :lol: i imagine my wife dragging me around the house grabbing my arm telling me to quit it

Jap Attack

Dedicated Member
Jul 10, 2005
mrtea wrote
possibaly a HDDVD also to help them get the format solidified.
Who would buy the HD-DVD for the 360? It does absolutely nothing for gaming. No developer will utilize it. MS already stated there going to sell it seperate from the 360 and not include it in the console. The HD-DVD drive for the 360 will probably cost just as much as the core system itself. MS really isn't doing anything by giving the HD-DVD option. I'd rather just buy a stand alone unit(which i'm not, thats why there's the PS3).

I used to believe that games could affect a consoles debut, but that thought has been out of my head for a long time. People that are going to buy a console on launch day will be the Hardcore gamers. They'll be no turning back for them. Halo 3 probably won't even launch this year. We have no info on it what so ever. God of War 2 isn't due until next year and we already have info on it. Bungie was constantly updating us on Halo 2 before it released and you don't see them doing it now do you. I think there trying to keep the hype as low as possible so they don't keep the fans too eager to force them to rush it. Look what happened to Halo 2. They had to scrap the original story because MS was rushing it out to please the fans and look what happened. Also they left out tons of crap like all the multiple warthogs, ATV, flamethrower, human flying vehicle, etc. I expect to see something thou at E3, but i wouldn't be surprised if Bungie wasn't there at all.

B

burtmuh

Jap Attack said:
mrtea wrote
Halo 3 probably won't even launch this year. We have no info on it what so ever.
Kind of like the PS3.

Just kidding, but if they aannoune the next Halo at E3 and that it's shipping in november and it just looks completely awesome, steals the show, and looks better then anything sony is showing (except for their CGI 'demos'), then it may have an impact.

They should launch it before the PS3.

If someone goes into the shop and hears that the PS3 is delayed until november but there is a lovly 360 sitting there with (hopefully) one of the best games of all time included, they would buy the 360 and Halo 3 and might not have enough cash for the PS3

A

Aleman

If they at least show some Halo 3 at E3, they might be able to prevent some previous Xbox owners from buying a PS3 next winter (and a 360 instead).

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
ebony & ivory said:
i haven't voted because i disagree that any game can have any chance of defying a console.. there should be an option for this
You don't think so?

Just out of curiousity, what if Sony had never showed or announced MetalGear and KillZone, would you still feel exactly the same way about the PS3? Would you still be just as excited?

I know I wouldn't be, since those are the only two titles that've got my attention. Would anybody here still be as crazy about PS3 if all we'd seen was a warhawk video?

Seriously. I think those two titles are basically the two biggest reason why people want a PS3. Take those two titles away, and there really isn't anything we've been shown so far, that is all that exciting.

So personally, yes, I do think a single game (if it turns out to really be THAT good) may infact sway some people into buying a 360 just to be able to play that game.

Just as KillZone and Metal Gear have no doubt swayed people into waiting for the PS3 just to play those games. I mean, seriously, what other PS3 games that we've been shown so far - have the same "OMG! I've GOT to play that game" effect on people the way MG and KZ have?. Clearly, a big title can clearly influence people.

EDIT: I'm not saying this applies to everybody, but clearly, BIG games, can make or break a console.

As far as I know, not even the highly anticipated KillZone, comes close to the "popularity" of the HALO franchise.

Having said that, like others have said already, MS should take their time with HALO 3. No need to rush it. I've got a feeling it will be one of if not THE biggest game launch in history. Mark my words. HALO 3 is going to be HUGE!!

Mar 5, 2006
I am a sony fan....but i love halo. I felt halo 2 was too rushed. If ms forces buggie to release earlier than they could, i'll be very pissed. PS3 will sell no matter what. In fact if anything will hurt someone is the ps3 hurting the halo and 360 sales. Ms should let buggie do their work, release 4-5 months after the ps3 with a great polished game. By then some of the ps3 hype will die down, halo will bring back life to the 360, putting it in the spot light again, making it sell way more. Plus halo 3 will be awesome. Yes i am going to spend 250-350(depends how much it is in 1-2 years from now) on the 360 just for halo.

spandexman

Superior Member
Sep 6, 2005
Aquanox said:
What I'm saying is that there are enough hardcore Ps3 fans willing to pay whathever it takes for a new PS3. Just take a look at the x360 launch and all those boxes sold at more than $600 - 1000$ in auctions every single day.

Said this, it's quite impossible for anyone to release something so super duper fantastic that will keep this people away from the Sony shelves.

However, it's about how many of the non hardcore fans are convinced by Microsoft to buy a x360 instead of a PS3, and that war wont really take place until around 6 months after the PS3 is launched launch or maybe after one whole year.

Both companies will sell all their stock in the first year before they know they have produced them. (Taking MS in Japan as an exceptional case we all know about) After that, the real battle will take place that will make look the Nintendo vs. SEGA fight like a school brawl.
Exactly, even if the ps3 launched with NO GAMES it would still be sold out. It would be pointless to launch halo3 then because its not going to effect the ps3 sales. But it would probably boost 360 sales. I dont think we will see halo3 until 2007, MS has enough 2nd gen games for 2006 to take care of sony launch games.

Mar 5, 2006
spandexman said:
Aquanox said:

Exactly, even if the ps3 launched with NO GAMES it would still be sold out. It would be pointless to launch halo3 then because its not going to effect the ps3 sales. But it would probably boost 360 sales. I dont think we will see halo3 until 2007, MS has enough 2nd gen games for 2006 to take care of sony launch games.
How do you know? DO we know what sony is going to launch with? Lets wait until E3 and see what sony has to offer for their launch, and then see what MS has around that time.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
A.H 6619 said:
Microsoft needs to create hype for Halo 3 before PS3 launches. To take attention away from Sony.
I agree, the only way they can get the best profits out of Halo 3 would be the absence of PS3 or otherwise much later...about a year after the launch. Although since it's probably not a good idea to rush the game, it'd be better to launch it after PS3.

The_Only

Forum Sage
Feb 9, 2004
www.rebelreading.tk
Sony has revealed that LittleBigPlanet has drummed up more than two million community members since its launch in November 2008, with users creating a massive 725,000 levels for the Media Molecule platform.

In addition, the platform holder also confirmed that the game has been played a whopping 125 million times, with four million comments made on the game’s numerous levels.

“LittleBigPlanet is giving people from every walk of life the opportunity to express themselves creatively. The game is just the start. This is Creative Gaming; never ending experiences that take on lives of their own through their players,” said SCEE’s Mark Healey.

“LittleBigPlanet appeals to a generation shaped by their networks and thirsty for great experiences to share with friends. Where LittleBigPlanet goes from here is up to its community; it is theirs to shape however they like. This makes it much more inclusive than gaming has ever been before.”

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/01/littleb ... 5k-levels/