Anger.

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
Something weird happened today and I can't comprehend it. It was the 14/04/2009, my birthday. I don't usually do anything on my birthday and I especially wanted to chill on that day since I've got GCSEs coming up. However, my friends decided to celebrate my birthday and so they invited themselves to my house. I let them in so we all played on the Xbox and 2 hours later they were ready to go back home. I walked outside of my house to walk with them until stones were being thrown at us by a random bunch of chavs. I'd normally walk away and ignore it but instead I told them to "F*** off", something I won't normally do. I simply provoked them and so they started to square up against me, I'd walk away but instead I got angry. Everyone seemed to decrease in size. My eyes converted from their original black abyss to a profoundly darkened, crimson version. I started shouting at the chav (same age as me, along with his other friends who were 19 and older) until you can visibily see my neck pulsating with blood. As he was still squaring up to me, I suddenly lifted my right hand and started slapping the chav; he started to walk backwards whilst he was spitting out blood. One of the 19 year olds remained behind me and delivered a right hook to my jaw. I enjoyed that feeling, though I barely felt anything related to pain. It felt like a female's gentle palm had caressed my salvaged face. I placed my right index finger into my mouth and immediately took it out to find blood. My eyes widened. I turned around to confront the 19 year old chav so that I can properly aligne my fist with his face... they started running. I chased them until my parents and brother took a hold of me and placed me back inside the house. The chavs returned with dogs and waited outside so my parents decided to call the police. It got boring after that but we all said sorry and shook hands.

Anyway, I've never been angry like that. But I feel relieved. It's like I've just got rid of a massive burden. What is awkward is that I've never reacted to anything like that in my whole entire life. I wouldn't even harm a butterfly for God's sake but today I was able to harm a lot of people. I'm only 5'8 and 200lbs so what harm could I do? I felt possessed by something that I can't comprehend.

Has anger ever possessed any of you? Has it ever made you block out everything that made sense? Has it ever made you hurt anyone whilst you genuinely did not want to harm them?

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
I try and keep my anger in all the time. I'm genuinely not a angry guy since it requires a lot of effort and I'm lazy. But today was weird...

mikeghtmare

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2006
I usually cool myself down... wouldn't want a stupid lawsuit over some stupid punk kids... that's the only thing I hate about the US.

But I've had pretty good rounds with my brother in the past.

And why would you apologize and shake hands? Serves them right for throwing rocks at you.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Yea it has before.

I can't remember what age I was I think I was maybe 12~13. One of my step brothers was teasing me about something, I can't really remember. Not sure why it was pissing me off so much probably because he was drilling.

Needless to say I kicked the back of his head into a large wooden table with square legs. Split open the back of his ear. I felt horrible about it and my dad made me go with them to the hospital to get him stitched. He knew he was asking for it lol. So there was no bad blood.

Seb3sixn9ne

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Nope...
Why were they throwing rocks? Such an odd thing to do...
I've never had a situation where I would get really angry.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
Never really happened to me but yes, I've had those kinds of impulses and I felt relieved but because it was that primal impulse that took over me that made me feel relieved. Soon I felt regret and shame, so I control myself as much as I can.

Aug 9, 2008
Ireland
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 0]When im angry at someone i picture in my head of them dying slowly and painfully by some brutal means and then i feel better and smile. ^__^[/quote]

Ok..... :confused: AWESOME!!

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="shcndw, post: 0]
Has anger ever possessed any of you? Has it ever made you block out everything that made sense? Has it ever made you hurt anyone whilst you genuinely did not want to harm them?[/quote]

It had happened before to me. I actually know how you felt, it is just one those days that you just snap. I cant really put it into words, but when it happens to you you'll know. Back when I was still at High School, my friends and I were playing basketball and this other guy wudnt stop annoying my friend, instead of my friend getting angry at him and pop him in the face. Guess what? I was the one who snapped. I punched him right on his left cheek, he fell into the ground, and I just walked away, since other students stopped it right away (Catholic school, give us a slack lol) I walked away and went straight to the dean and turned myself in. But that day ended in a surprise, the dean who was my graphics teacher, talked to me and said that the guy I punched deserved it and I was let off. The reason he said that because I was a decent guy who dont go looking for trouble but if trouble comes I'll show it the way out.

I tend to control my anger, so I'm not really a brute.. lol

F

FinalReaper

Used to, back in school. Get into fights and lose it over really small things.

I.E Dirty looks, barging... e.t.c

Nowadays I'm calm... I think that's only thanks to smoking though. Scratch that. It IS pretty much thanks to smoking. lol

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="FinalReaper, post: 0]Used to, back in school. Get into fights and lose it over really small things.

I.E Dirty looks, barging... e.t.c

Nowadays I'm calm... I think that's only thanks to smoking though. Scratch that. It IS pretty much thanks to smoking. lol[/quote]
Why? A look can't do you no harm. Reminds me of the chav stereotype of 'Whatcu lookin' at?'. I'm sure your not a chav, but it just reminds me of it.

F

FinalReaper

[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]Why? A look can't do you no harm. Reminds me of the chav stereotype of 'Whatcu lookin' at?'. I'm sure your not a chav, but it just reminds me of it.[/quote]

Was back in the day...(14 - 16) It was more like... Stare at me for long enough with a dirty look, I wonder about it and stare back then get annoyed then BEEF!

Sep 7, 2007
hah damn!
hey man, sometimes when people start acting stupid or start saying stupid **** ya just gotta put em in their place. i know a couple people that happen to be into the same sex, i guess you'd say a couple are gay - be it males or females but whatever. i've always felt strongly about people talking **** on someone for something they cannot understand, while I myself may not be gay, i can respect it. but one night at a bar i was with a bunch of people and what do ya know, someone starts jawing with my buddy cause he has a boyfriend with him. i hit him in the mouth a few times to teach him not to spew hateful garbage, but the funniest part was the kicks to the groin dude got from said "fags" - it was hilarious. getting kicked out the bar wasn't hilarious, but it was a pretty seedy joint ya know? so it all sorted itself out.

but hey, gotta stand your ground. anger isn't a bad thing, controlling it is important though. i don't go around picking fights, but hey, if you're looking for one we'll be happy to oblige. god hope we aren't drinkin that jager - that's the fight drink. stay tough, yet soft - cause the ladies like that. =p

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Even if someone is being a toss I will keep a lid on it. You just don't know what some has in their pockets these, or how many mates he has around that you haven't spotted. It just isn't worth it at the risk of your life.

Of course that would change should anything be directed at my girl friend, then it's all beats off you have a 90kg 6'2" angry ******* in me to worry about.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="kopkiwi, post: 0]Even if someone is being a toss I will keep a lid on it. You just don't know what some has in their pockets these, or how many mates he has around that you haven't spotted. It just isn't worth it at the risk of your life.

Of course that would change should anything be directed at my girl friend, then it's all beats off you have a 90kg 6'2" angry ******* in me to worry about.[/quote]

6'2". Nick you're a beast. I've got the other 4" were it counts.

On my rims :lol:

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]6'2". Nick you're a beast. I've got the other 4" were it counts.

On my rims :lol:
[/quote]

:lol:

Don't know about a beast, but not small.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
As long as you're not suppressing that anger into a little ball that gradually grows and grows until you unleash all of it when you just can't take it anymore. If it's something you know you can walk away from without anyone getting hurt, just walk away. If you're angry for petty reasons, walk away, don't get yourself angry over such trivial matters.

You're a 16-year old who stood up against a 19-year old and some other 'chavs' (what is a chav, by the way)? That's pretty brave. When I was 16, I normally tried my best to avoid fights because I knew nothing would come out of it. I wasn't very good with dealing with anger back then, so I would let it boil deep inside of me until I ended up scaring away my own girlfriend, lol. But over the years, you grow and you learn that you can't let things get the best of you.

There are probably only a couple things that would result in me being angry: if someone decided to hurt one of my family members or friends, if someone ended up using me for their own personal gain(s), if I'm backed up into a do-or-die situation where I end up fighting for my own life (which actually happened once when a couple kids beat the s*** out of me and my brother one night when I was young without remorse -- went home bleeding with my head feeling like it was going to explode). Nowadays, though, there's just not a whole lot that makes me feel angry.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Sometimes one must indulge the Beast in order to remember what it's like to be human. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's not like you were the one walking around looking for a confrontation, you simply obliged those who did.

Sometimes people just mess with the wrong people at the wrong time. Today, you were the wrong people. Learn from it, though. If you walk around pissed and looking for a brawl, you may run into someone exactly such as yourself. Be well.

R

Rapture

At the age of 16, I find it easy to control my anger. I see other people get angry fast, and I can't help but feel sorry for them. It's entirely a mind over matter situation.

Angry? No. But I can get irritated pretty quickly. And it's usually when people are unnecessarily hostile or simply ignorant.

I very rarely get angry over things. And when I do, I can constrain it. If I were in the same situation as the TC (topic creator) I'd have told them to stop and walked off. I avoid fights whenever I can because there is no purpose.

However, I would fight to protect someone. Like my little sister. A few weeks ago some kid pulled a knife on her outside our house, he was maybe 15. I was in the Garage and heard her scream. I turned and saw he had a pocket knife and tried to hit her. I picked up the metal bat next to the wall and ran towards him, he looked at me and backed away. I told him, "Get the **** out of here, if you come back, I'll kill you!". I was unbelievably mad, and it took my full constraint not to knock him out.

Naturally he ran off. I was far bigger and had a bat, he had a small pocket knife. So far, I haven't seen him again. I'm sure some would say my threat was out of line, I disagree.

Anyways, sorry for the long post.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I'm usually a pretty chill guy. Never really been in a real, all-out fight. Once when I was in college at a party at a friend's apartment, there was this guy talking to my girl. I was like whatever, they're just talking. Not worried about it. Well, she was blowing him off, kinda ignoring him, and he started talking chit calling her a beeotch and whatnot. So I got in his face and kinda snapped out. Threw a full cup of beer in his face and went after him. My friends held me back though. The guy and his buddy got out of there quick, and I went after him, but they just took off and I said forget it.

Honestly, it's probably the maddest I have ever been and would've probably beat him pretty badly had my buddies not stopped me. I was cooled off a few mins later though and continued to drink heavily. Ahhh, college was fun.

But, usually, I avoid major conflict and just blow it off. Fighting rarely solves anything, but sometimes it's necessary for someone to be put in their place. Sometimes you just need to pop someone in the mouth to remind them that they're not King ****.

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
I feel like I rarely get really pissed off but when I do, I go all out. I have had issues of punching walls and stuff before but it seems as though I have stopped doing that. If it something near and dear to me being screwed with than it is a sure shot that I am going to lose my mind.