Announcement - New Community Manager at PSU

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
As things stand right now, the forums have been dropping in popularity over the last 12 months. Despite having more people registering last year than the previous year, many don't appear to stick around to join in conversations. We plan to change that. As many of you will know, we're planning on reinvigorating the forums this year with the launch of brand new forum software which will be rich in features and offer exclusive features for subscribers. It will move PSU into its next phase following the new site redesign last year. Gone will be Vbulletin to be replaced by something much better for PlayStation gamers ran by PlayStation gamers. Our end goal for the community is ambitious but very exciting.

We had a meeting last night to discuss the plans for the new forums and there will be plenty of opportunity for members to test out, give input and provide feedback as we enter the next phase. Believe me, it's going to look great, be more functional than Vbulletin and have some engaging features that we'll evolve and add to as we move through the year.

Of course, just changing the forum alone may not solve some of the issues we've faced. Therefore, we have another big change to announce. As from Monday, January 12, 2015. Tristam (fijiandoce) will be stepping down as Community Manager. This is to inject a new spark into the forums as we hit a new phase, and is no reflection on the work that Tristam and his team have done. Indeed, we hope that Tristam stays on as an Administrator as we enter the next exciting phase.

Chris Clement (Christopher) is no stranger to the forums. In fact, the work he's done at PSU over the last few years has been outstanding. He spent many hours creating our new-look site and is a regular in the forums. He has a real passion for PSU and not only has the technical skills to run a forum, but is also full of ideas and has the know-how to make things happen. Chris Clement will be PSU's new Community Manager as from Monday, January 12, 2015.

I hope you're as excited as I am. Chris has exceptional talent and with him spearheading the migration to the new forums and its overall look, I can't wait to see how it all progresses and have complete faith that we're about to enter a new and exciting era for our community.

So, a big congratulations to Chris for becoming PSU's later Community Manager. This is a time for us to stick together as a community. We'll need you more than ever when the new forums start to take shape and we have many exciting changes that are going to be worth sticking around for. You are the heart and soul of PSU and if you support us we'll reward you. I know it's been a long time coming to make these changes, but I hope that you can see we're serious about providing a place that you'll enjoy hanging out in. A place that lives and breathes PlayStation. A welcoming community where PlayStation gamers can interact and have their voice.

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Best. Move. Ever.

Congrats to the guy who is far and beyond the best choice to drive the site to the future. We have an awesome team already and this just makes perfect sense.

Last night's meeting was really really cool and I can't wait to start actioning some of the concepts. If we can pull it off, this place is going to be amazing.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Indeed, i did what i could as Community Manager, the time is right to step aside and let Chris take charge of this place. In all seriousness, the guys experience and expertise dwarf mine. It is a great move for the site, this lays the groundwork for our push into 2015!

There are some exciting changes coming to PSU over the next few months! :D

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I'm not a long time member, but still I want to thank Fijiandoce for the work put in PSU! :)

And congrats to Chris! :D

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I'm truly honored by this. Thanks Steven for all the faith you put in me. And I have the luxury of two prior CMs working with me and I send out a heartfelt thank you to Ghost and Fiji for staying on staff and working to revitalize this community.

First priority, new forum software. Varsh and I are on that straight away. I will post a separate thread later this week with more announcements and news.

A lot to hash out and a ton of work to do.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
well done chris. derserved reward for all your hard work. lovely stuff.

2 torrentday invites going spare. pm.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6412186]Congrats Chris, I hope you don't drop the posting in gamer sections.:)[/QUOTE]

ha! Not a chance. That's why I'm here in the first place, just like everyone else. :cool:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This is ridiculous that Chris is the new CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? It wouldn't feel right if I didn't complain. :)

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Wow. This warm reception is a bit overwhelming. Thank you all so much.

I'm not going to make any promises. Promises don't matter. Results matter. Time will tell whether I deserve this job or not.

Know that we have been formulating a plan over the last few weeks and I believe it will be exciting stuff. But now we need to get it done.

Thanks again, all.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6412249]finally someone that knows a thing or 2 about websites[/QUOTE]

Oh Dj, come, let us spoon you poor poor child. I'll give you the love you so desperately need. :beguiled:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6412287]Gonna have to change your tag now.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager ANNNNND Community Manager[/QUOTE]

Maybe he can just meld that into one simple title, The Shit.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6412330]Maybe he can just meld that into one simple title, The Shit.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Captncoke49, post: 6412336]Congrats Chris! We have a new sheriff in town folks!! Lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6412332]Or "Runs This Town".[/QUOTE]

Shitty Sheriff with the Runs? :applouse:

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Grats again for the eleventy millionth time. I'm glad you're a part of the team and leading us into the new era of PSU. :)