Anorexia Or Obesity?

Jun 15, 2008
I was having a discussion with my friend before about whats worse. I chose anorexia because of the mental aspects. What do you think is worse? Whats harder to treat and harder to cope with in your opinion?

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
You know what I choose :)

Anorexia because IMO it's alot damaging to your health and is harder to deal with physically and mentally.

Just my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree.

dondidit

Super Elite
Jul 15, 2007
www.360.yahoo.com
I think they are both worse because they are fighting a mental habit that they developed because of stress or something they grew up around. Most fashion models and designers started this anorexia crap thinking that thin is it. It's actually dangerous and quite a few people have died from it.

Obesity is what it is. I use to be fat out of this world because I choose food as my friend because people were just cruel in middle school but after my newphew died I lost 50 pounds and as a result of martial arts you can see what I look like on my avatar. But obesity is a state of mind you have to love yourself more than food to get fit but its a lot of people that like thick and obese people.

If I had to choose I would say Obesity is because some people want to lose weight but cannot phantom to work out and eat right. Now Anorexia is worse but lock them down and make them eat they'll feel better then than feeling like they are floating on the wind

F

Flamer

I think Anorexia is worse. You go all thin and stuff, and boney. It would be hard to breathe, wouldn't it?

Kougaiji

Elite Member
Mar 12, 2005
I think obesity is worse. Just as hard to breathe, you sweat after taking a few steps to your kitchen fridge, you can't see your own genitals, you're at extremely high risk heart problems and many other health problems. How obese people have sex is beyond me, plus there's the whole thing that if you lose the weight, you might still have really saggy skin. Then there's the ridicule, which for some reason faces more people with anorexia than people with obesity (probably because of so many obese people in UK and US); although, I see no reason why obese people should be made fun of any less than the anorexic. At least by calling them fat ****ers you are encouraging them to change.

Mar 11, 2007
Unbalance is bad for your health.
I feel sorry for people who have one of them and I hope science (genetics) can help them one day. I also hope people strangle their government to give the food industry the chance to use crap in our food so people get addicted and sick of the basic necessity of human need. This is so sick and illegal to the human race.

Nov 14, 2008
Being over weight most my life I can say it would be worse to be Anorexic. It would be harder socially to be anorexic. Going out with friends and eatting a glass of water and being full. Both sides of the fence would have bone structure problems. Either osteoperosis or bone density issues causing bone fractures and breaks. I would object with Dondidit on the matter of locking an anorexic person in a room with food. Pyschologically they would feed themselves enough to sustain, but not to add to their overall structure, leaving the rest to rot and no longer available to consume. It's just like being addicted to cocaine or other psychotropic drugs. You have to been weened into adopting a new habit or lifestyle. A sudden shock to the system will just cause a crash of all mental and phsyical abilities. Which is why majority of people do not succeed at coming to a normal healthy weight.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Anorexia is worse. It actually has a defined state and isn't just a term tossed around to describe someone who's fat. You're depriving your body of essential nutrients, proteins and vitamins. Literally starving yourself to a slow, painful death.

Obesity, as I mentioned is mostly unable to be defined in an accurate sense. The word is tossed around to describe someone who has weight issues, or fall a few points out of line on the all might BMI. It's true it's not healthy but there's people who would be deemed obese based off looks alone when in reality are fine.

To summarize; if you actually look at facts anorexia is really ****ed up. Obesity is a media term to fuel the weight loss industries already record high annual revenue.

adzzz man

Forum Elder
Apr 16, 2008
scientifically anorexia is worse, aneroxic people actually bruze on their beds thats how dangerous it is but they are both the same, i have a freind who was aneroxic he couldnt movekout of his bed

Jun 13, 2008
Anorexia. Go too far into it and you'll die from starvation.

In obesity you'll just keep getting fatter and fatter until later on you'll die of heart disease or something.
But with that you'll have a good breadth of time to reverse the condition.

With anorexia... it's a very delicate situation 'cause you need to put them on special diets, IVs are very likely.. all in prompt time so that they don't slip away and die while having to deal with the mental issues of the person afflicted.

This of course is my opinion as a student nurse and I'm factoring in recovery and mental states and such.. Time is what differentiates them and makes Anorexia the worse of the two. I mean, if someone who's anorexic fell into my care at the same time as an obese person, I'd of course try to give them equal time but just then I'd know the anorexic one would require a lot more time, patience, teaching, and monitoring than the other person.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="twilkinsonkgr, post: 0]I would say Obesity even though i voted for Anorexia, Damn you ****-ups. The main reason why i chose that is because I am very very skinny, so really anorexia doesn't seem to bad for me. I just watched a very interesting program on the BBC about being thin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hbsk2/b00hbnv5/Horizon_Why_Are_Thin_People_Not_Fat/[/quote]

There's a huge difference with being born skinny and anorexia.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
Oops, I chose obesity because I'd pick obesity over anorexia. You can deal with someone obese because they can be the coolest people and they don't mind much about their looks. Also, they don't look fragile. Anorexic people seem to be so feeblem and weak...

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
either way Women cant handle either, when men are fat they are almost always jolly,girls cry about being fat so they starve themselves so thats a chick's disease. but Anorexia is way worse because of the erosion in your esophagus, youll get heart problems and all sorts of other crap too, youll fall apart WAY faster than being a fatty. plus i want to tell anorexic people they're fat

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="Seahawkk, post: 0]anorexia is worse. becuase with obesity you get to eat delicious food all the time.[/quote]

Come on pick a better reason than that :bang: eating nice food lol, your point is deluded and pathetic :mrgreen:

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
Anorexia is a mental disorder (a body dysmorphic disorder/psychiatric disorder) as well as a body-mass problem. It is worse. It is closely tied with OCD (because it is one!). Also, Anorexia nervosa (the proper name for it) has the highest mortality rate of ALL psychiatric illnesses.

Anorexia is worse.

Jul 9, 2008
[QUOTE="StoneyPS3, post: 0]Come on pick a better reason than that :bang: eating nice food lol, your point is deluded and pathetic :mrgreen:[/quote]

I wasnt being serious you pathetic fool. If you think i was serious you must be ignorant. I would much rather be fat though being overly skinny is just as ugly. Im pretty skinny (140 pounds 6'1) But i eat a lot its just becuase i run and exercise it is not that hard to stay fit

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Obesity is worse, taking up crap loads of space on plane seats, expecting me to be considerate because of their greed. Plus the health effects, high colesterole, difficultly breathing, constant sweating, early death.

Both are purely mental diseases, one of over greed and one of over pride, but taking weight off is alot harder than gaining weight. Would you rather know you have to excerise constantly for the next year or eat gradually more for the next year?

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
They are both mentally screwy, so there is no easy fix to either. I seriously can't decide which is worse, although I'm leaning towards anorexia as you'll die a lot faster at 6' and 75 pounds than if you're 400 pounds at 6'.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="DINAMO788, post: 0]i'd rather be anorexic than morbidly obese. at least then i could still be hot[/quote]
Yes, because looking like a skinned skeleton is way sexier.

twilkinsonkgr

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2006
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 3770086]There's a huge difference with being born skinny and anorexia.[/quote]

I know that, but seeing as though the OP is comparing obesity with anorexia i thought that they must be talking about the weight side rather than the metal, because being obese is not really a mental problem