Anorexia Or Obesity?

JaPo

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2007
[QUOTE="twilkinsonkgr, post: 0]I know that, but seeing as though the OP is comparing obesity with anorexia i thought that they must be talking about the weight side rather than the metal, because being obese is not really a mental problem[/quote]

It's actually considered, in some cases, as much of a mental problem as anorexia.

Both anorexia and obesity can have seriously negative physical effects. Both are ugly, undoubtedly. I imagine obesity is easier to recover from, however. Some fat *******s just can't be bothered to shift the pounds.

For that reason anorexia is in my opinion worse.

Charl3z523

The Elmo Man
Dec 18, 2006
I'm gonna go a completely different route here.

I vote obesity sucks more just because bigger people take more space and that's less space for me. Imagine if people in China or Japan were as fat as Americans. It's already packed their, it be like doubling the population 0_0

Mar 11, 2007
[QUOTE="pinkflamingoes, post: 0]imo i think anorexia is worse becauuse in most cases its more emotioal than obesity on average n emotional problems can stay for life[/quote]

This is true..

People reflect their soul threw their body.
A nice soul will show a healthy body and most of the time you will see happy faces.

A bad soul...will result in a Bush or somebody like Manson. A bad soul (or misguided body) is actually someone who tends to lean much towards their instincts and thus we have to deal with an EGO

An unbalanced soul will result in people with overweight or anorexia.
People like this need lots of comfort and are trapped in a vicious psychological circle and don't know how to break out. It can be because of one problem which they can't solve because the emotional stress upon them is to great. They revert to the EGO and then they are lost. It can take years before one can be truly free of this emotional decease.

To help such can be done with love and respect. Most time a life coach (a guru, a Dr.Phil) can help these people to get on the right path again and with enough willpower they can overcome their own fear (insecurity).

pinkflamingoes

Superior Member
Mar 16, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Charl3z523, post: 0]I'm gonna go a completely different route here.

I vote obesity sucks more just because bigger people take more space and that's less space for me. Imagine if people in China or Japan were as fat as Americans. It's already packed their, it be like doubling the population 0_0[/quote]

hahaha very unique view you hae their :rolleyes:

Centurion

Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
I feel sorry for people who have both of them. I'm going with obesity for the worst of the two. I think it would be easier to recover from anorexia than obesity.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
Obesity, in my opinion, is something that can be prevented by choosing healthy foods and sticking to a strict exerise regime. Anorexia, however, is more of a mental illness, therefore making it harder to break out of the habit. Each condition can have serious effects on your health, obviously, but at least you have food and energy in you when you're obese whereas you're weak as anything when suffering from anorexia thus increasing the risk of death.

That's not to say that obesity doesn't pose the same problems, though, as obese people are more likely to suffer a heart attack due to increased pressure on the heart due to clogged arteries. There's also the chance that organ failure could kick in and kill you but the same could happen with an anorexic person, too.

I really wouldn't want to be either, honestly, but if I HAD to choose then I'd choose obesity. Yeah, I'd be huge but at least I could do something about it. Again, I'm not saying anorexic people can't do anything about their condition but they have a weaker state of mind than someone who is clinically obese so, being fat, I could at least try and lose weight!

CaptainWaits

Superior Member
Jan 2, 2007
www.myspace.com
Anorexia is worse. I have a friend who is clinically obese and really he isn't that massive, because the in this day and age the level of obesity is relatively wide (heh, no pun intended). Really, a lot of those "fat" chubby kids you see around have a decent chance of being clinically obese, and some of them don't look "that bad". Now it's morbidly obese that gets a very big worry. Being Morbidly obese does a ton of damage on your body, just like Anorexia....but being Obese, though still very unhealthy and often dangerous, can be coped with.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
Obesity can be fought as it is easier to mentalize yourself for the big change. I might post pictures some day but I went from 250+lbs to 160 in just two years.

holly

Forum Guru
Jul 2, 2008
I think obesity.

Both of them can cause numerous problems, mentally and physically.

I chose obesity though because i think it is harder to reduce weight that put it on. If you are obese and you want to change you have to put yourself on a strict diet and exercise a lot which could be really difficult. Whereas, if you are anorexic you just have to eat more which i now would also be difficult, i just don't think it would be as difficult as losing weight.

I also have a mental block on being overweight. I don't think any less of people who are overweight. Just personally, i think i would hate myself if i was overweight. After being thin for my life so far, i just wouldn't like to put lots more weight on. If i don't go to the gym for ages it eats away at me and if i eat lots of unhealthy stuff in one go it makes me feel guilty and sick.

At the moment, i'm quite healthy and do lots of exercise but i'm starting to realise my ways of wanting to stay thin and my mentality about it may cause some issues and it's starting to worry me.

Feb 2, 2007
I voted for Obesity simply because of the extra damage, and strain it can do to your body (Heart, joints/knees, and other problems). I understand both are very dangerous at their extremes though, and take both very serious.

If you go from a straight body point of view, in my opinion, it would be harder to get a body that has been convinced to horde fat etc.. to stop, as it is harder to exercise, and harder to actually be active etc simply due to the weight, while a body that need extra food, will be happy to take it if it is provided, and as long as the body is absorbing correctly, it should rebound easier.

Now if you throw in the mental, then obviously, seeing yourself as bigger then you actually are, will complicate the process of gaining weight if you are scared to do it, but I really think that if the person gets help, then they can get healthy easier then the alternative. Obese people (extreme) will have mental problems to deal with themselves, and I am not going into that part, because I really dont know personally what they would deal with, and I dont want to generalize, but I do think that they are struggling inside just as bad.

In my personal life though, I tend to get paranoid of becoming both, and is why I am always working out like a crazy woman (4-5 times a week at a gym, 1-2 long runs a week.... morning crunches/workout every morning...etc) but also am very conscious to eat 4-5 times a day (almost to a strict schedule) .

Very interesting discussion though..

JaPo

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2007
Anorexia is a mental disorder, whereas 'obesity' is simply a term used for people with a BMI of 30Kg/m(squared) or over.

As such, anorexia doesn't really have any established physical criteria in terms of BMI etc.

It's difficult to compare.

Feb 2, 2007
BMI doesnt work.... (as seen with the whole wiifit problem when it first came out). Muscular fit people are considered hugely obese by that measuring system. And kids, just dont work at all...

I dont think it needs to be included in any discussion like this, as it is very inaccurate...

[valium]

lawlydoodlez
Jun 12, 2008
actually..
they are both very bad, and very hard to treat..
the obese side, they are addicted to food and cant stop eating.
the anorexic side, they are addicted to puking the food up, they also cant stop.
two of the worst shyts..

JaPo

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2007
I had a feeling someone would question that part.

I guess it takes body fat % into account too, as well as the general physique of the person. I was only recycling wikipedia.

@ [valium]
Anorexics aren't necessairly bullimic, remember that.