PC Games: 6

DarkStation: 6

COGconnected: 6

GameSpot: 6

PC Gamer: 6

GamesRadar +: 5

PCWorld: 5

Guardian: 4

It is known that Anthem is an action RPG combined with science fiction, creating gamers like Freelancers equipped with Javelins - cool armor that looks like Iron Man's armor to allow players Fly in that vast world and destroy the enemy, and at the same time complete tasks alone or with many people. Currently, the game is released on all 3 platforms PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Jun 4, 2007
Destiny 1 taught me to never buy a game of its kind on day 1. Don't get caught up in the hype. Wait for a few months at minimum.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, even I, who enjoy playing the game, would recommend waiting a few months if you are interested in the game. I really like the gameplay and other aspects of the game, but right now it doesn't have a lot of content and they are still ironing out bugs and such. It's mainly the end game that is lacking at the moment, imo. I have the patience to wait, but a lot of people don't. I play other games so it's not a problem for me that it will take some time to get more content. If EA let them continue working with the game I think it could be a really good game. But with EA's track record I really don't know if they will let it become what is has potential to be.

Anthem is a "looter shooter" and a "game as a service" kind of game. It's grindy and the fun (imo) gameplay is one of its strengths right now. The "story mode" is mainly an introduction and a path to the base level cap (level 30). After that the grind for higher gear score and good gear starts, just like other games in the genre like Destiny and Division. If you expect this to be another Mass Effect or Dragon Age you will probably be disappointed.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Why did IGN Europe give the game a 7.5 while IGN gave it a 6.5? It's like they're afraid to say the game is garbage.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Why did IGN Europe give the game a 7.5 while IGN gave it a 6.5? It's like they're afraid to say the game is garbage.
Because IGN is not a single person. The reviewer in Europe seems to like the game more.

Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
Each time I watch this game on Twitch I think it looks pretty good. But given all the complaints it's definitely one to see if if gets better over time. Also most likely to come down in price, or even be given away as part of Plus.