Any decent RTS games on PS3 ?

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
I don't think that there are any good RTS games on the PS3 (if any), but Dynasty Warriors is a nice tactical, stategical game that's action packed and addictive. I know that that was irrelevent, but...

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
RTS and consoles don't mix well.

Only keyboard and mouse support could save it. Controlling with analog sticks just... doesn't work well.

WhoMe

Apprentice
Nov 17, 2006
Like everyone said, there are no good RTS games on the PS3. But its not like somone cant bring one...KB/Mouse support is possible and has been done (UT3) on the PS3. IF Blizzard ever brought StarCraft to the PS3 with KB/Mouse support, I wouldnt have any need to build another gaming PC. Thats a giant IF...like problebly not gonna happen type of IF.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]I don't think that there are any good RTS games on the PS3 (if any), but Dynasty Warriors is a nice tactical, stategical game that's action packed and addictive. I know that that was irrelevent, but...[/quote]

Thats probably as close as it's going to get for us PS3 owners this gen in terms of RTS goodness....

But having said that, I do love my Dynasty Warriors! Tzu Tai FTW!

P

potestas

There are a few RTS titles on the 360; Lord of the Rings and Command & Conquerer come to mind. Alas it is a genre absent on the PS3.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]No! Lu Bu and Cao Cao Pwns all![/quote]

Pfff! Clearly you know not what you speak if you put Cao Cao amongst the ranks of the mighty Lu Bu, Tzu Tai and Ma Chao!

Nub.

89Ripp3rDK

There is no RTS game on the PS3 as far as I'm concerned, but I believe Ubisoft is developing one for PS3 and X360.

WhoMe

Apprentice
Nov 17, 2006
[QUOTE="klonere, post: 0]...
Starcraft 2 is coming to consoles I believe.[/quote]

Let the rumor storm begin.

R

Rapture

LOL @ those who thinks RTS's do not mix well with consoles.

I have both Command and Conquer and LOTR2 on my 360. The controls are smooth as silk and it works perfectly.

klonere

Superior Member
Dec 1, 2006
[QUOTE="UkHardcore, post: 0]Why did Command & Conquer not come out on PS3 this year? My mates are always going on about that game for the 360.[/quote]

Yeah I always asked that myself....Considering....oh wait EA. Never mind.

Oh and C&C has gone waaayyyy downhill since Red Alert 2.

Dec 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Wrath, post: 0]Civilization: Revolution will also hit the PS3 early next year![/quote]

awesome. i remember back in the day when i would play civ II for hours on end! i gotta find that cd and reinstall it sometime.

89Ripp3rDK

I would kill for Medieval 2: Total War.
I don't have a PC that can run it to justice, but I bet the PS3 could :-(

LittleB69

Elite Member
Jun 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Gunner, post: 0]Hi all , just wondering if there are any good real time strategy games on the PS3 ?[/QUOTE]

Not yet but End War should be on the way and that will be a voice controlled RTS.. if i remeber correctly..sounds..ehh..special..maybe it will work.. who knows.

LittleB69

Elite Member
Jun 9, 2006
[QUOTE="WhoMe, post: 0]Let the rumor storm begin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah how sad is that.. remember back in the days when Blizzard where innovative and fresh..now they have turned into another factory like the others... good thing Relic is out there.. maybe they will make something great for the consoles.

B

bcn-ron

Nothing right now. Bladestorm is not an RTS and neither is Dynasty Warriors.
Blizzard really needs to bring on Starcraft II for the PS3 with full mouse and keyboard support. The genre simply doesn't work with a gamepad.

Gunner

Apprentice
Nov 19, 2007
Thanks for all the replies , i will check out Bladestorm and Dynasty Warriors for the time being and hope some of the games you guys mentioned get released soon .