Any developers / game series that you stay clear of?

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
Does anyone have any particular game franchises that you won't touch with an iron pole, or specifically avoid any games from a certain developer?

Don't matter how silly the reasons are, anything from having had a bad experience with them in the past to just not liking the name, lol. Wondering what everyone's odd gaming quirks are

I stay well clear of any Tom Clancy games nowadays, it's a franchise that has been beaten to death and the new games are never any good. I also won't touch anything from Codemasters having been dissapointed with many of their past titles. They are only masters of dressing up a poor game and managing to over hype it. All fur coat and no knickers you might say

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
LEGO games - no appeal
EA sports games - wtf is up with releasing the same ****ing game with a higher number in the title
CoD, MW, MoH games - they are all the same. im buying black ops for the sake of having a diverse library but will be the only i buy

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
THQ and the Saints Row games, well actually, every game they have except Red Faction..seriously, that's the only good thing to come out that studio...the rest is complete crap...hell, my poop looks better than saints row 1, 2 and even 3 which only now has gta4 graphics?! HA. But graphics aside, I wasted rental fee money on that piece of **** game and I wish I could get that money back as well as hours of my life back on that ****. I only did two missions and I returned that game back to the store. Does THQ take itself seriously anymore?

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
THQ is a good shout, they have lived off the WWE franchise for years and produce very few quality games.

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
COD series now. Nothing can make me buy any more of those.

Fifa series and other sports games since i hate sports games apart from Formula 1 and various other motorsports games.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
LEGO games - There too.. silly for me,
Sports Games -snooze fest,
Would say Activision (now), but they got a few games that seem interesting,
Generally I avoid racing games (GT, Midnight Club 3, Midnight Club LA, and Burnout Paradise.. that my collection of racing games xD)

Aug 27, 2008
Hmm... games that really have no interest to me:

Lego
Sports
Racing

I did use to play Madden but after 07 I just got tired of it and racing, well the only franchise I like is Motorstorm.

Copyright

Elite Guru
Feb 19, 2007
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5175307]I try and stay away from any kind of Racing games because I know I'll just get bored of them quickly.

Also I refuse to buy a sports game.[/QUOTE]

Excluding yourself from some huge genres there... Brave!

I only really stay clear of cute, kiddie looking games. Pulling on my heart-strings isn't gonna make me realise it will only last 5 minutes.

Oh and Movie Games, excluding Spiderman 2 :)

D0nni3

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
Double Helix studios i will never buy a game from them again after what they did to silent hill bloody criminals

Super_Lilith

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2006
This may upset some people, but I did not enjoy ICO nor shadow of colossus, just quickly got bored and had no will to carry on playing them. I think they are making a new game, if it is in the same style then I guess i'll pass.

E

Eagles_of_77

I have to give Lego props because my 6 year old son cannot stop playing it :)

No longer buy Madden....but it still won't go away as it came "free" with my new PS3!
I don't play the fantasy type games, don't know why. Is that what God of War 3 is?
Whoever made Terminator Salvation those people should be lined up and summarily shot. What a terrible waste of my money.

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
[QUOTE="Copyright, post: 5175357]Excluding yourself from some huge genres there... Brave!

I only really stay clear of cute, kiddie looking games. Pulling on my heart-strings isn't gonna make me realise it will only last 5 minutes.

Oh and Movie Games, excluding Spiderman 2 :)[/QUOTE]

I'm the most un-manly man in the world so I hate most sports and racing games bore me to tears. (Besdies Burnout and the old NFS).

Perseus

Apprentice
Aug 4, 2007
Final Fantasy
Sports games
Music games
Racing games

[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5175472]well sports games and nearly everything from valve[/QUOTE]

Poor you.

Last edited:

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
Everyone has genres they don't like. I'm asking bout specific series & devs, chaps. Surprising or controversial then all the better

[QUOTE="Super_Lilith, post: 5175394]This may upset some people, but I did not enjoy ICO nor shadow of colossus, just quickly got bored and had no will to carry on playing them. I think they are making a new game, if it is in the same style then I guess i'll pass.[/QUOTE]

There we go! Good stuff my man, surprising indeed, but that's different tastes for ya.

Here's another: I also hate Guitar Hero

kupo

Superior Member
Aug 28, 2008
COD
Batman Arkam Asylum or w/e
Sports other than football (FIFA or PES)
Music games
Movie Games

Vader555

Superior Member
Jun 10, 2009
Im not interested in sports games, music games (like guitar hero), games that get an update every year *cough* Fifa/PES/Tiger Woods *cough* or 99% of PSN titles.