Any one knows what the God of War 3 team is working on?

Dec 3, 2006
God of War 4 obviously...

But seriously, I think that they should move away from Greek mythology (which I think they're already done with on PS3) and go into something like Norse mythology. Keep the core gameplay (hack'n'slash), but add elements of Norse legend into it like they did with the GOW series. And then obviously a new story with a new protagonist. People love the GOW series judging by the ratings these games have gotten as well as sales, so doing something along the lines of this would be perfect, I know I would love it.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="streetracer67856, post: 5413803]God of War 4 obviously...

But seriously, I think that they should move away from Greek mythology (which I think they're already done with on PS3) and go into something like Norse mythology. Keep the core gameplay (hack'n'slash), but add elements of Norse legend into it like they did with the GOW series. And then obviously a new story with a new protagonist. People love the GOW series judging by the ratings these games have gotten as well as sales, so doing something along the lines of this would be perfect, I know I would love it.[/QUOTE]

Thats the direction David Jaffe had wanted to take it.

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="clean515, post: 5413831]Probably a dantes inferno rip off.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be the other way around ? God of War games existed long before Dante Inferno.

[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5413923]Wouldn't it be the other way around ? God of War games existed long before Dante Inferno.[/QUOTE]
He was being sardonic...

As for Sony Santa Monica, I hear they're working on a Jet Set Radio Future sequel, as well as sequels to both Power Stone 2 and Project Justice...

*yes, men can dream :(*...

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
There gonna make a kids game to complete mind screw us all up! as we have no jak this gen, there gonna make a jak style platformer with loads and loads of color so people can't complain it lacks it! I saw it on there file's

The Trash Can

But still!

D0nni3

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5413835]I'm more interested in what Studio Liverpool is upto.[/QUOTE]

I thought studio liverpool had been disbanded and the staff either layed off or spread to other Sony UK Devs

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="Suzano-O, post: 5413929]He was being sardonic...

As for Sony Santa Monica, I hear they're working on a Jet Set Radio Future sequel, as well as sequels to both Power Stone 2 and Project Justice...

*yes, men can dream :(*...[/QUOTE]

Oops, i'm sorry if that is...:cool:

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
[QUOTE="D0nni3, post: 5413958]I thought studio liverpool had been disbanded and the staff either layed off or spread to other Sony UK Devs[/QUOTE]

They haven't. Some developers were let go, and the management merged with that of Evolution Studios/BigBig Studios (MotorStorm) but they are still very much alive and kicking. They are currently recruiting actually.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
It better not be, God of War 4. I do like the series but after the third, I don't see any reason to continue it. They need to work on a new IP or at least work on, Heavenly Sword 2 if they're able to(Since I believe that, Sony has owning rights).

U

UberMadness

2012 titles?? Sony has a lot of devs that didnt announce their project. Media Molecule, Santa Monica. Indigo Prophecy. Ingonito, United Front and etc.

at least we know that there will be titles coming in 2012

dinotante

Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2008
Hopefully they start working on a rpg from the likes of Fallout, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect.

Seriously, why cant more publishers to what Bethesda does!!

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="streetracer67856, post: 5413803]God of War 4 obviously...

But seriously, I think that they should move away from Greek mythology (which I think they're already done with on PS3) and go into something like Norse mythology. Keep the core gameplay (hack'n'slash), but add elements of Norse legend into it like they did with the GOW series. And then obviously a new story with a new protagonist. People love the GOW series judging by the ratings these games have gotten as well as sales, so doing something along the lines of this would be perfect, I know I would love it.[/QUOTE]

could absolutely not agree more with this answer. i WANT. Valhalla would look most beslitest if the GoW team went for it

oh and guy above me. bethesda sucks. 2 of those games are BioWare

bigCman123

Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2009
A few things I hope they do:

Heavenly Sword 2 (or a game with a hot woman with long red hair)
Epic Sci-Fi game with aliens and alien planets.
Norse Mythology
Horror game (why not? Their gore is amazing).

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="dinotante, post: 5414089]Hopefully they start working on a rpg from the likes of Fallout, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect.

Seriously, why cant more publishers to what Bethesda does!![/QUOTE]

Elder Scrolls V should be all you need in RPGS this year, more different genres the better.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5414153]Elder Scrolls V should be all you need in RPGS this year, more different genres the better.[/QUOTE]
Also for others ME3 hits around same time as well. Plus FFXIII-2 and possible WKC2 so yeah think we have enough for now.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="dinotante, post: 5414089]Hopefully they start working on a rpg from the likes of Fallout, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect.

Seriously, why cant more publishers to what Bethesda does!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="bigCman123, post: 5414117]A few things I hope they do:

Heavenly Sword 2 (or a game with a hot woman with long red hair)
Epic Sci-Fi game with aliens and alien planets.
Norse Mythology
Horror game (why not? Their gore is amazing).[/QUOTE]

Either RPG or Horror would be good, cant have too many RPGs and we seriously need more horrors.

Kratos88

Apprentice
Jan 31, 2009
Well I would hope for GOW4 but I know Kratos storyline is over perhaps they can do one revolving around Hercules, after all if you read greek mythology Herc was as vicious as Kratos and every bit as womanizing probably where Kratos was orginiated to begin with. Norse Mythology would be cool too.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I like the idea of the Norse Mythology that was presented. Would be a great route for them to go considering they nailed the Greek mythology aspect. I'm sure whatever the title will be it will be stellar.

Taylor Rockford

Superior Member
Mar 20, 2009
I don't think they would do Hercules. Didn't we kill Hercules in the 2nd game? W/e they decide to do I am sure they will hit it on the nose. The GoW series was phenomenal and I am sure they want to hit a home run after ending it, much like the developers of Metal Gear series.