Anyone been bitten by anything Venomous?

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
A MAN was bitten three times by a Red Bellied Black Snake in a suburban house last night and taken to hospital in a critical condition.
The man, aged in his 30s, was attacked by the snake in a home on Albert Street at Eagleby on Brisbane's southside, about 8.30pm.
He was taken to Logan Hospital and given antivenene to treat the snake bite.
The red bellied black snake bite is generally not lethal but is considered dangerous.
This guy must have been pissing the snake off a fair bit for it to bite him three times.

Just read this and it got me wondering if anyone here has or knows someone that has been bitten by a venomous reptile/animal??

I have seen a couple of Eastern Brown (think they are like either 3rd or 4th most venomous in the world) snakes but thankfully we kept our distance from each other.

Worst I have copped would be a sting from a Blue Bottle (jellyfish). Can say that hurts like a mother-****er!!!!

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Endless_Echo, post: 0]it's not venomous, but back in Brasil, I was bitten by a Dengue Mosquito, which causes Dengue fever.
Look it up.[/quote]

Thats nasty. Think they have an outbreak of Dengue in Nth Queensland at the moment. Damn mosquito's. Obviously you were treated in time?

[QUOTE="Sam_From_Space, post: 0]I was bitten by a venomous snake.

(At a zoo, so obviously it had no venom, but still scared the **** out of me)

Was it a pet snake or what?[/quote]

Lucky, Don't think our zoo's in Aus condone de-fanging.

Doubt it was a pet snake. Think you need a special type of reptile license to own venomous snakes here. Was probably just some idiot that thought it would be fun to play with and got what was coming to him.

Jun 13, 2008
Never.

(Though I will keep fighting that that chicken that chased me once could kill a man given enough time and chicken spitity-spit)

Edit: @Endless Echo so did you get the fever as well? Got bit by a mosquito myself and caught it in my earlier teens (can't remember exactly when atm)

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Been bitten by a white tail spider once, on the foot. They aren't venomous but their fangs have dangerous infections on them.

My foot swelled up the size of a balloon, couldn't walk for a week. Hurt like crazy.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 0]Ants I suppose. But I don't really know if the species of ants that bite instead of sting actually deliver venom with their bites or not.[/quote]

Yeah I don't now if its venom or just the saliva that causes the sting and itch that follows.

Learn't the hard way about green ants and there nests in my first week in Australia. Won't be repeating that anytime soon!!!:p

The-lost-

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2009
Got stung by a weaver fish on a beach in Cornwall last year, that was one of the most painfull experiences of my life, their stings are around 20 times worse than a wasps. My foot swelled up so much i couldnt get my shoe on.

Ball3r

Forum Elder
Jan 14, 2008
Never been bitten by a venomous snake.

Worst case that has happened to me was when I was a little boy, I got stung by a bee and it died soon after:lol:.