Anyone Still Playing COD4?

Maritime78

Apprentice
May 30, 2008
oh yes, played world at war, but i genuinely prefer cod4. till treyarch get a patch for all the glitches on world at war, i will continue to play with cod4, and its still so easy to get a game.

K

karbineftw

[QUOTE="Lethalmind, post: 0]I played COD 4 yesterday night. There is definitely no shortage of people there[/quote]

Yeh tell me about it. Loads still playing
I think it is all the people getting it cheap at xmas.

The game is not what it felt like last year.
Me and my school mates got ps3's we went on district (my first cod4 map) and just had private matches on diff games. When I just look back onto it, playing with my best mates, having laughs on the headset and just general fun, it makes me just think WoW (maybe WaW actually) I've had so much fun on this game. I won't forget it either. But its time to lay down cod4 and pick up ww2 again :(

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
[QUOTE="Karbine, post: 0]Yeh tell me about it. Loads still playing
I think it is all the people getting it cheap at xmas.

The game is not what it felt like last year.[/quote]
Agreed. It's lost my luster for me but I do play it with a group of friends which is the only time I do actually. I mostly Socom now and the challenge of that game keeps me playing even if I'm solo. I play COD alot less but I still do from time to time.

Jun 13, 2008
I'll probably pick it up some after getting lvl 25 in Battlefield Bad Company. As fun as the COD series are, for some reason I really just prefer the Battlefield series' gameplay.

I won't be picking up COD 5 either. There is only so much WWII games that I can take and I exhausted that already a few years ago. I'm just gonna wait for MW2 which hopefully comes out this fall.

K

karbineftw

[QUOTE="Lethalmind, post: 0]Agreed. It's lost my luster for me but I do play it with a group of friends which is the only time I do actually. I mostly Socom now and the challenge of that game keeps me playing even if I'm solo. I play COD alot less but I still do from time to time.[/quote]

I wish socom would come out in the UK already! My mate got it imported from his shop.
I just want it for the official headset too,

Kaze

Superior Member
Nov 14, 2007
When i get tired of those damn dogs from WAW, i go back to play cod 4, still quite enjoyable, I actually prefer the maps from cod 4 better then the ones on WAW so its still fun to play.

B

Bluntz

i got world at war finished the campaign on hard played the multi for a few weeks (almost rank 65) but when i went to play co4 onlne again, better maps, i just realized how much 'better' the game is overall compared to [email protected]

gotta play some more SOCOM that game has endless playability.

Pezzer

Dedicated Member
Jan 29, 2007
Didn't play MW online too much, but to be honest I prefer WaW.
I guess I just like ww2 (crazy I know :p ) The co-op mode is just great.

Doesn't surprise me that lots are still playing MW though as it such a good game.

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Stilled played it up until last night. Called it quits as one of my new years resolutions. No more COD4. Spent way too much time on it. Got MCLA and Battlefield today so having fun with those now. :D It was a good run. I wont snap my disk in half either. Learned from the past, and put it down myself before it puts me down. ;)

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I still play probably 5 nights a week. I find myself playing a match or two then quitting here and there too though. But when I have a group of friends to play with, we'll just rock some Hardcore S&D for 3-4 hours easy.

Jul 20, 2008
yes of course i still play it when i can stop playing zombies lol, spent too much money on those extra maps to waste cod4 cos i had the original 60 gig ps3 then i went to get the 80 gig so i had to purchase the maps again , (maybe i could have tranferred through a bsb stick) anyway yeh theres plenty of ppl still on it and its still good value for money if you still havent reached prestige level yet :) i enjoy the maps alot better and theres no dogs :)

Dec 16, 2007
Yeh I still play it. Haven't been on much over Christmas/New Year but I will be back soon.

I never bothered with [email protected] cos i heard crap things about it. It was the same with Force Unleashed - I waited for people to buy it and tell me what it was like. Turns out it was crap and I didn't bother with that either

For me COD4 is still the best game on the PS3 by miles

Jun 13, 2008
[QUOTE="x-pack, post: 0]Yeh I still play it. Haven't been on much over Christmas/New Year but I will be back soon.

I never bothered with [email protected] cos i heard crap things about it. It was the same with Force Unleashed - I waited for people to buy it and tell me what it was like. Turns out it was crap and I didn't bother with that either

For me COD4 is still the best game on the PS3 by miles[/quote]

Just a few comments about Force Unleashed. Gameplay is average, but story and art is awesome. Buy it when it's cheap for the story at least and then sell it back if you don't want to keep it.

1jessegd

Wasn't to big of a fan of cod4. I recently just came back from my friends house and we were playing codwaw online and it's definitely better. I don't see how people could have fun in cod4, you're just doing the same stuff over and over and over.

Apr 5, 2008
Hell yeah i'm still playing it, I get owned at it though, cos i'm actually wuite new to it (actual level 20...not prestige), but I really enjoy it. I'm thinking of selling cod5, as i never play it anymore! The only thing making me think about keeping it is the new DLC that Treyarch mentioned will come out eventually.

L

Lunar_Chaos

[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 0]Stilled played it up until last night. Called it quits as one of my new years resolutions. No more COD4. Spent way too much time on it. Got MCLA and Battlefield today so having fun with those now. :D It was a good run. I wont snap my disk in half either. Learned from the past, and put it down myself before it puts me down. ;)[/quote]

Trying to give it up ...again? :lol: