Armed Rooster Kills Man

DangerousMali

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
An angry bird has killed a spectator in California.

The ****, wearing a razor sharp knife, sliced a man in the leg. Thirty-five-year-old Jose Luis Ochoa was taken to the ER and succumbed to his injuries about two hours later, the Bakersfield Californian reported.

The cause of death was a severe injury to the man's right calf, an autopsy report said Wednesday.

Cockfights, illegal in California, features blade arrayed roosters that are goaded to attack each other. The fights, which attract wagers from spectators, often end in the death of one of the birds.

"I have never seen this type of incident," Sgt. Martin King, a 24-year veteran of the Kern County Sheriff's Dept. told the Californian. "People have been known to bleed out from those injuries if medical attention is not obtained immediately."

The officer said the doomed Ochoa and others made a hasty retreat from the cockfight arena when police arrived on the scene.

Humane society executive John Goodwin said a main reason for cockfighting's continuance in the state is the lenient law. Cockfights, raising the birds and watching the fights are misdemeanors.

The fights lure spectators from several neighbouring states where the practice is a felony.

Goodwin told the paper that the bettors' pot in even a small cockfight can reach $10,000. "The money adds up fast, and that's why we need strong penalties," Goodwin said. "For a law to be a deterrent, the penalty has to be greater than the gain of breaking the law."

The blade-bearing roosters often fight while hopped up on antibiotics and steroids.
Source

[video=youtube;3GrV3OZdjP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GrV3OZdjP8[/video]

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I heard about this in a new radio show from this station I listen to. I heard it yesterday and the whole point of the show is for the two djs to compete with each other with topics that the public will vote. One of the dj had a topic about bees becoming extinct and the other guy had this news as his topic.

He named it "Cocks vs Dicks" dicks referring on the guy who got killed while running away from the police.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 5430948]just brilliant. half expected the source to the the onion.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Always crazy stuff coming out of there. :lol:

daver72

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2006
oh god, its like black sheep all over again, now the rooster has a taste for human blood, it won't stop until its demented blood lust is quenched. i can see it now, "psycho razer roosters raises hell in sunshine state, quails feared to be conspirators"

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
First fox shoots hunter and now rooster kills someone with a knife.
This is it guys, animals have had enough and learned to use weapons.