Arsenal Thread

lazyb

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2007
I just hope that Flamini signs a new deal, Juve had scouts at that game and he's a free agent in the summer.

lazyb

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2007
Pato has talent, but having been groomed in the Brazillian/Italian leagues, he is used to having defenders back off, so having Senderos breathing down his neck was something he wasnt used to!

PS3World

Forum Elder
Nov 25, 2006
Soo we got liverpool in last 8 of CL. It means that we'll play them THREE times in a week. then it will be united after that in the league.
Damn

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
The Liverpool fans think they can brush past Arsenal, then Chelsea, and then United in the final to win the cup, yeah right >_>.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]The Liverpool fans think they can brush past Arsenal, then Chelsea, and then United in the final to win the cup, yeah right >_>.[/quote]
Yeah and the Man united fans think they can brush past Roma and then possibly Barcelona. Every club has the arrogant fans. For **** sake Porto won the champions league its football you never know whats going to happen.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Yeah and the Man united fans think they can brush past Roma and then possibly Barcelona. Every club has the arrogant fans. For **** sake Porto won the champions league its football you never know whats going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Difference being your 4th place behind all 3 of them teams.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Difference being your 4th place behind all 3 of them teams.[/quote]
What is your problem?.. No liverpool fan on this site including myself has stated that beating arsenal and winning CL would be easy. We finished 5th when we won CL so whats your point?....

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006

My original point was that i know Liverpool fans who think they can brush past the top 3 teams to win the CL and how I didn't think they could, at least I think i said that i might be confused...

Dec 23, 2005
If anyone is watching....Arsenal and Borough are in the 72nd minute as I type, and Borough is up 1-0. Aliadiere scored against his former club.

Oh an Man Utd are on top of the table by a point.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Rofl Arsenal drew 1-1 with Middlesbrough at Home, lucky as well because they were 1-0 down until the 86th minute.

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
Oh come on Phaded. If you actually had a clue, you'd know that Arsenal had a completely legitimate goal disallowed AND that the middlesbrough goal was from a freekick which was again unfairly given and that the game was finished with a corner to be played when there was still time to be played (because of the time wasting by middlesbrough.)

Arsenal played better than any of the other title contenders. Thats the second game in recent weeks (birmingham also) which was marred by refereeing incompetence/corruption.

Dec 23, 2005
Man Utd are still top of the table on goal diff, they also have a game in hand (against Bolton nonetheless).

Arsenal are bleeding points right now, they've drawn 4 of the last 5!

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
But the difference between champions is the ability to finish off a game even when your playing your worst, take United today for example, we were battered by Derby most of the game to be fair to them.

But you can't bring up that referee crap, look at how we were knocked out of the FA Cup.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Wow a few weeks ago we were 19 points behind arsenal now its just 8. Don't throw the title away i couldn't bare the SCUM to win it again.

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]But the difference between champions is the ability to finish off a game even when your playing your worst, take United today for example, we were battered by Derby most of the game to be fair to them.

But you can't bring up that referee crap, look at how we were knocked out of the FA Cup.[/quote]

If Manchester United had been given the same treatment by the referee that we were given, they'd have lost. You can go on and on and say that kind of thing, but you are completely wrong. We deserved to win, more than United. We scored the goals necessary. Middlesbrough didn't. The difference between the top of the table at the moment is the referees in a couple of recent Arsenal games (Middlesbrough and Birmingham), nothing more.

As for United going out of the FA Cup, I didn't gloat about that, I knew it was unfair and stated it on a forum (much to the love of a lot of Arsenal fans ^.^.) If its unfair its unfair, fans should stick together to get rid of the unfairness (CONSTANT unfairness at that) than gloating when the stick hits their opponents and whining when it hits them. I much prefer whining when a games result is determined by a biased/incompetent referee no matter the result.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I'le watch MOTD tonight, I do agree with you though that unfairness should be stamped out, but you know the FA they don't know their head from their arse.

lazyb

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2007
It's getting depressing now. The only positive from the Boro game was that Van Persie started. Were gonna have to take maximum points at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Im going to the Liverpool game on the 5th April, Premiership not CL, and I hope to god we put in a good performance. Mostly because it's going to be my first time at the Emirates and I want good memories!

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
After watching the highlights I don't know how you can moan that the Middlesbrough goal came from an undeserved freekick Xaor especially when your goal came from a corner that shouldn't of been, after the Boro player was fouled and they should of had a freekick. Evened it out imo.

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]After watching the highlights I don't know how you can moan that the Middlesbrough goal came from an undeserved freekick Xaor especially when your goal came from a corner that shouldn't of been, after the Boro player was fouled and they should of had a freekick. Evened it out imo.[/quote]

How does that even out? Take out our goal and there goal and give us the goal we DID score and its STILL 1-0.

Even if we take what you said to be true, that's ONE bad goal changing decision for Middlesbrough and TWO bad goal changing decisions for Arsenal. It simply doesn't even out.

The referees reasoning for our disallowed goal: there was intent to pass. Wrong. If there is intent to pass, he would have passed (unless he was stopped first) which he wasn't. The referee is a compulsive liar and he knows that he's broken the rules.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Xaor, post: 0]How does that even out? Take out our goal and there goal and give us the goal we DID score and its STILL 1-0.

Even if we take what you said to be true, that's ONE bad goal changing decision for Middlesbrough and TWO bad goal changing decisions for Arsenal. It simply doesn't even out.

The referees reasoning for our disallowed goal: there was intent to pass. Wrong. If there is intent to pass, he would have passed (unless he was stopped first) which he wasn't. The referee is a compulsive liar and he knows that he's broken the rules.[/quote]
Load of bull**** all the top 4 teams get preferential treatment hence i don't moan when decisions go against Liverpool. Get over it the other week Wigan should of had a clear cut penalty so everyone shut up about refereeing unless your team is in the bottom half

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Load of bull**** all the top 4 teams get preferential treatment hence i don't moan when decisions go against Liverpool. Get over it the other week Wigan should of had a clear cut penalty so everyone shut up about refereeing unless your team is in the bottom half[/quote]

It's simple. There is unfairness. It is wrong. It changes things. It makes the entire league a bit of a joke. It should be stopped. All of it.

You cannot just negate the problems because one side has more of it than another, that is ridiculous.

Lets say, for instance, United get screwed over again and again and Arsenal win the league, is that fair, or right? Is it wrong for United fans to complain?

The refereeing in this sport is appalling, and it should be stopped, complaining about it, no matter which club you are, is the best way to get a solution met, because at the moment it simply isn't right. What you are doing, is perpetuating the problem.

It is important to stand up to what goes wrong in the world, be it a bad football result, a corrupt government, or a fixed Champions League draw (Scary, someone 2 hours before the draw said it had been leaked and predicted it 100% on... Everything right, the home/away, the teams... chance is ridiculously low.)