Assassin's Creed Official Movie Trailer

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[video=youtube;gfJVoF5ko1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y[/video]

It doesn't look half bad ... except for that god-awful Kanye West song that's horribly out of place in this trailer. The game has such a beautiful music score ... why not use something like that? :rolleyes:

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
It's that song where Kanye compares himself to Jesus. Probably his most douchey and egotistical song in his library of douchey and egotistical songs.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I agree that the song choice is pretty bad. The footage of the trailer looks okay -- about what I would expect for a movie adaptation of the game. It couldn't be any worse than the World of Warcraft trailers and its eye-rolling, cliche dialogue though.

Assassin's Creed reminds me of a funny video by videogamedunkey though:

"You know what isn't badass? Building these villains up forever to be the biggest, most arrogant assholes on planet Earth and then when you finally kill them, it cuts to slow-motion and you're holding them like a baby, reading them their last rites."

[video=youtube;UOgvbS4GkF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgvbS4GkF0[/video]

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6511901]I actually quite like the look of this, seems to stay true to the origins of the game![/QUOTE]
Uhhh not with that giant arm thing that is supposed to be an animus it doesn't lol

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6511943]Uhhh not with that giant arm thing that is supposed to be an animus it doesn't lol

Sent from 2000ft under the crust[/QUOTE]

And yet it takes him back to a time period. I don't think anyone will care about the design of the Animus. I certainly didn't when I played the games. This is better than that stationary device. It seems like he can control it and learn all his skills from his ancestors in real time and apply it to escape. Makes way more sense than just sitting in some pod and then waking up and learning the skills.

You're just nitpicking.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6512454]And yet it takes him back to a time period. I don't think anyone will care about the design of the Animus. I certainly didn't when I played the games. This is better than that stationary device. It seems like he can control it and learn all his skills from his ancestors in real time and apply it to escape. Makes way more sense than just sitting in some pod and then waking up and learning the skills.

You're just nitpicking.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I thought it was pretty cool.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I'm not bothered by the giant arm thingy but that definately wasn't in the games. It reminds me of the claw in Toy Story.

You have been chosen!

Sent from 2000ft under the crust