suprised i havent seen a thread about this
the words the fade in and out are written in arabic and it says
altai ibn al ahad
which is the name of the protagonist of AC1
so we might see him in this one :D

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 5523273]Uhh no clue. I expected a little bit more than that. Doesn't really reveal anything.[/QUOTE]

That's why it's called a "teaser".

Edit: I searched around real quick, thinking that there must be some info out there on the leak that revealed this teaser in the first place and maybe what it might mean for the next game. G4TV has a good writeup on it and what it might mean:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712282/assassins-creed-revelations-leaked-on-facebook/

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
This would be good for a spin-off NGP title or something... but for a main entry in the AC series... they really need to just make Assassins Creed III and get to the point

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="DudeItzKeith, post: 5525080]As much as id like to see Altair return. I still enjoyed playing as Ezio way more. That being said I think a New Assassin would be a better move.[/QUOTE]

I'd be ok with Altair, Ezio has had two games which with played as him, and while Altair was in the spin offs he still hasn't had much limelight considering he was the start of it all, I wouldn't mind see them returning to Altair & Ezio in the next game & introduce a new character, along with some reality missions in 2012 which will add variety to the locations & make the game bigger

Apr 3, 2007
There are three videos so far. The first one had what looked like command lines, which I thought looked like dates. So I looked up the dates and got these results.

May 26 1512 - Bayezid II dies
June 24 1459 - Ezio Auditore is Born
November 6 1494 - Suleyman The Maginificent is born
January 11 1165 - Probably Altair's birthday
September 10 1509 - Istanbul Earthquake
June 15, 1511 - ???

Excluding Altair's birthday, these dates span 53 years. And 347 if you include that date. I don't know if those are significant.

If you look at the first video Link Here, and pause it at 00:01, it's a command line from the Animus.

s17-anima\eauditore-ddna\6-8-8 and so on. It's obvious it's Animus subject 17, which is Desmond Miles. Accessing Ezio Auditore's DNA memory, evidently. And I guess those numbers are sequence and memory numbers. I tried searching for a Sequence 6, Memory 8, though and came up with nothing.

I'd love to see what others have come up with.

The next video is the one in the OP, which translates to Altair son of no one, or similar.

The third video had a coin which looked a lot like the Phaistos, I haven't compared the carvings yet, but it's definitely similar.

Last edited:

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
Link Here[/URL], and pause it at 00:01, it's a command line from the Animus.

s17-anima\eauditore-ddna\6-8-8 and so on. It's obvious it's Animus subject 17, which is Desmond Miles. Accessing Ezio Auditore's DNA memory, evidently. And I guess those numbers are sequence and memory numbers. I tried searching for a Sequence 6, Memory 8, though and came up with nothing.

I'd love to see what others have come up with.

The next video is the one in the OP, which translates to Altair son of no one, or similar.

The third video had a coin which looked a lot like the Phaistos, I haven't compared the carvings yet, but it's definitely similar.
Great, great research. Hats off to you for collecting all this data. Gave you some REP. =)

I wonder if this game will finally explain as to why the Codex book in AC2 ends in such a vague manner. IIRC, the Codex ended with something about Altair mentioning that one peek into the Apple of Eden in his later, final years won't really do much damage to anyone, and it ends with that. Maybe that decision had major repercussions, which will be explained in this new game.

I actually would like it if this game is able to switch between timelines, as in between Ezio and Altair. Maybe to find more clues about this infamous Eve.

Also, what if Altair is still alive, and immortal due to the his little rendezvous with the Apple of Eden. Maybe, this game will bring both Altair and Ezio together. Maybe I'm thinking too much and wishing a lot. xD

I really want to see where the plot goes after the ending of the Da Vinci's Disappearance DLC for AC: Brotherhood. The ending was really gripping with:
William M. and the other assassin's finding the coordinates for the temple where the next Apple is stored, through Ezio's memories in the Pythagorean temple, while Desmond falls into a coma, and no details given about Lucy, Shaun or Rebecca.

Last edited:

zombieking36

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2008
"Revelations," hm... The newest one has an interesting picture of an Arabic, Prince of Persia movie structure. I am guessing Altair again, though a completely new character is always welcome from the AC designers, they have not disappointed me with characters yet.

Apr 3, 2007
New video is out. Link Here.

The building is the Hagia Sophia. The numbers are here again. Ezio's birthday. And the symbol looks to be a seal of some sort. Further digging gave me a Tughra from the Ottoman empire, that is a Sultan seal, I guess. Apparently, the game will be set in Istanbul?

Edit: Even further digging, that Tughra is specifically Suleyman The Magnificent's seal, specifically.

The character flashed in the third teaser... at first I thought it might be Altair, but looking closely at the sleeve, and the actual hidden blade device, looks like Ezio. Altair, if I remember correctly, didn't have metal pieces (armor) on his Hidden blade mechanism. The sleeve from the shirt tucked under the mechanism also looks to be Ezio's style. And, that is the left hand.

Now, granted, Ezio's second hidden blade was taken from designs by Altair as translated by Da Vinci, but the clothing tucked under the blade armlet just looks Italian to me, I guess.

BUT...

The Hagia Sophia itself, according to what I've read so far, was converted into a mosque by the invading Turks, led by Mehmed. This was in 1453 (six years before Ezio was born). However, the picture shown in the teaser already has the colossal candles that were brought there by Suleyman the Magnificent. I don't have an exact date, but considering Suleyman was Sultan from 1520, that would make Ezio at least 61 years old by this time.

So, who knows. He'd be a pretty spry old man, if he returns as the main character. Then again, Al Mualim was pretty ****ing fast with the Piece of Eden (not to mention being able to teleport and create duplicates, but whatever.)

Last edited:

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Wolf616, post: 5525526]Altair is 100x better than Ezio.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. Maybe because I played 2 and 3 before the first though.

Some of you guys area really into this game and know all the little details. I think the story is a little hard to follow, but I really enjoy the game a lot.

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
MephistoSoze, your posts on this are awesome food for thought. Thank you for digging up all of that info and taking the time to post it here. It was very interesting to read and I appreciate it. It must have taken a lot of work between digging up the info and then all of that typing to present it to us.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="rbrtchng, post: 5525889]yo dawg, I heard you like teasers. So I made a teaser for the teaser. So you can tease before you tease.[/QUOTE]You tease. :snicker

Joystiq says that it's set in Turkey.

Apr 3, 2007
Well, quite a bit of my conjectures were pretty close to the mark, huh? This was a pretty fun run of teasers Ubisoft did. I hope more like this shows up in the future when developers plan to do little teases.

To tbx59, I would say that before the game was officially announced, I would have disagreed with you. When I ended my last post, I was hinting at my hope that it would be someone other than Ezio who would be the lead character. Now that it's official, I'd have to agree with you. But only partly. It seems, instead, they're milking the popularity of Ezio. Altair never really picked up as a character. Mostly because the first AC wasn't very well received. The repetitiousness left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. And, by association, Altair didn't get the chance to be very popular. The following games starring Altair being **** spin-offs on handhelds didn't help, either.

I was hoping, at the very least, that Altair would get a second chance at being the lead in some form. I still think he will (considering the dates in the first teaser video). That said, I really hoped Ezio had been done. I mean I can understand that he might be on the trail of Altair's last years, or maybe another piece of Eden (based on the codices found in AC:B), but one thing nags at me, and it's the reason why Ezio should have been done as a character already.

"God", herself, spoke to Desmond directly at the end of AC2, while telling Ezio that his purpose had been served. Ezio was merely a prophet. A messenger. And he served his role. It should have been over right then. But I digress. After all, there was the case of the Borgias. Rodrigo was still a Templar, so it was clear that he would eventually get assassinated. So that, and the people around him (e.g. his son), are logical reasons to allow Ezio to come back in AC:B. But that entire story is finished now. There is absolutely no reason for Ezio to come back.

Which leads me to my conclusion. Rather than milking just the franchise itself, I think they're milking the popularity of Ezio Auditore. At the very least, I'd put it at a 50-50 split.

All that said, I guess I'm a glutton. I'll still be getting Revelations. Probably. The fun I had working with the teasers was enough to convince me of that. But you know, something could happen down the road that would change my mind about wanting this game. I doubt it, but anything's possible.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="tbx59, post: 5527764]they are really milking this franchise, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it milking, the last one ended with a chiff hanger so Enzio's story was meant to continue, and there is still a lot that can be done with Assassins Creed, sequels are coming because there is a story to be told, they ain't releasing them only for cash flow.

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
[QUOTE="MephistoSoze, post: 5529697]Which leads me to my conclusion. Rather than milking just the franchise itself, I think they're milking the popularity of Ezio Auditore. At the very least, I'd put it at a 50-50 split.[/QUOTE]
Truer words haven't been spoken.

Milking something will eventually lead to a fall in the quality of that said object. Yet, ironically as more AC games are being developed, the quality is only increasing, with each successive game being better than its predecessor. Though, I can't say the same for Ezio's story. I really didn't like how his life-story progressed in AC: B, even though the game was a real gem. It's like they were elongating every aspect of his life, just for the sake of milking his popularity.

BTW, Ezio is clearly above 50 in this game. He is seriously treading on no-more-being-a-father territory. I wonder how Ubisoft is going to clarify that. If they make something like he has a child, but we're still playing as Ezio, Ubisoft is creating a major loophole. In AC2, Desmond has a bleeding effect moment where he saw Altair impregnating that Templar girl, and the camera stays with her belly seeing as the lineage continues with her and not with Altair anymore. I wonder how they're gonna get over this problem.

May 6, 2011
As a proud Turk I can;t wait for this game

Set in modern day Turkey Ezio will fight templars and I'm guessing Ottoman Turkish soldiers....

Like in the first assasins creed where you get to kill Seljuk Turks in Damascus, etc...

Can't wait!

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
Got the following info off NeoGAF. All credit goes to SolidSnakex:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

- Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They'll allow Ezio to peek into Altair's life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).
- You'll control Altair through these sequences.
- The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
- You'll also visit Cappadocia
- Ezio is over 50 years old in this game
- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
- You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo
- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types
- They've modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs
- Eagles vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."
- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.
- You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.
- The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15
- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
- They're using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."
- Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door
- The gameplay during Desmond's game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. "Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious."
- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC
- You'll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="Wolf616, post: 5525526]Altair is 100x better than Ezio.[/QUOTE]
Altair barely had any character/personality, not saying he was a bad protagonist but Ezio is much more awesome as the main character.

GrandWazoo

Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="tbx59, post: 5527764]they are really milking this franchise, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Series is still awesome, so as long as they keep it worth the money I do not consider it milking. Plus, it's a continuing story, as someone else mentioned (cliff hanger). PLUS, they continually update the game play and features and add plenty each edition, unlike some franchises which barely change anything and release annually (Madden Football, for example).

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
Some more new info from NeoGAF:

First, this is not AC3, it's sort of an expansion like Brotherhood was. This game is supposed to clear up all the questions thusfar and bring a closing to the stories of "current characters".

The game takes place in Constantinople at the beginning of the 16th century. The city is ripe with Templar activity and they fiercely battle the Ottoman. The city is said to be bigger and more populated than Rome, and will be split up into 4 large districts.

You will once again be in the shoes of Ezio, who is now in his 50s. The game starts with Ezio going to Masyaf, the home of Altair in AC1, to look for information on Altair and the Creed. Ezio discovers that Masyaf has been overrun by Templars and after doing some investigating he learns of an extremely powerful artifact hidden inside of Masyaf. To get to it, he must find 5 ancient seals in order to gain access to it, however the Templars are also going after it.

Ezio will make new friends, such as Suleiman, Yusuf Azim who is also a master assassin, and Sofia Sorto who makes Ezio question what his life would be like if he had never had to become an assassin.

The Seals that Ezio seeks will also give you a glimpse of Altair's life and you will get a chance to play as Altair during these small sessions.

Ezio will of course have an all new arsenal, but two of the main things are the new Hookblade, which will be attached to the hidden blade and allow Ezio to climb faster, grab enemies, ride on zip lines, and be 150% more badass. It's basically just a small blade with a curved end.

The other new feature is Bomb Making. You will be able to craft over 300 different types of bombs from flash and smoke bombs to explosive and even bombs that drop caltrops to stop chasers.

Eagle vision will also be much more advanced, you will be able to see where somebody, for instance a guard, has recently been or soon will be so you can lay traps in advance.

Borgia Towers will return but will be much more advanced and offer more variety. Assassins will be more in-depth and you can even get missions from them as well as lose control of a "Den" you have previously taken over.

There will be random missions, such as a merchant being robbed or a woman being assaulted that you can choose to do something about or just leave alone.

The game is using Mocam which is the same technology being used by L.A. Noire

The cinematic camera is also being changed.

Desmond is in a coma from the end of Brotherhood, and the two assassins who find him put him back into an animus, as such he is basically trapped inside his own mind. Players will play as Desmond as he tries to reconstruct his mind and wake back up. Through doing this, players will also get a look into Desmond's past life. Desmond is basically looking for a "nexus" of where him, Ezio, and Altair all come together and why they do.

Finally, multiplayer will return but they promise it will be much better. Multiplayer will now be more story-driven to allow players to get a more in-depth view of the Templars and what they stand for. There is a new gamemode that will involve mutliplayer story quests. There will be more customization and more characters as well.