Assetto Corsa Coming to PS4 and Xbox One in April

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Respected PC racing simulator Assetto Corsa will arrive on April 22, 2016 developer Kunos Simlazioni has confirmed.

Assetto Corsa exited Steam Early Access back in December, 2014 and amassed a loyal following of racing sim fans. Assetto Corsa’s key focus is “pure physics realism” over car collecting, though the console versions will include over 100 cars and 20 different track configurations. DLC released over the past 12 months for the PC edition will be included in the console versions when they launch.

According to Kunos Simulazioni’s Marco Massarutto, co-founder to the Italian studio (which is actually based at Italy’s Vallelunga racing circuit), the PS4 version will run at full HD and the Xbox One version at 900p.

“We fought a lot to have full HD also on Xbox One, but there’s no way for us to do it,” Massarutto told Eurogamer. “Forza did a very good job – but they have dedicated libraries. Regardless, they did a really good job. When I played the game, I thought ‘wow’. They’ve done such a good job with the visuals.”

Kunos Simulazioni also announced that Ferrari’s 1035 horsepower track day weapon, the FXX-K, will star as the featured cover car in the console versions of Assetto Corsa.
I am indeed looking forward to this as you can all probably imagine, intersting to see just how the cars handle as they say it's as close to the real thing as you can get......

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Will be interesting, think this one would require a wheel and pedals; I think the DS4 would negate some of that real simulation feel
I'll watch with interest and this will hopefully grip me a bit more than Project Cars did

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
I am convinced this game will get high rating's of what I've read on the internet. Question is Gran Turismo or Assetto Corsa?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="MacP, post: 6500126]I am convinced this game will get high rating's of what I've read on the internet. Question is Gran Turismo or Assetto Corsa?
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="ArnoldRimmer, post: 6500142]Answer is:

Both! :)[/QUOTE]

Hell I second that answer :D

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
AC is far too hardcore for me. I've played with both a X360/Xbone pad and I've never, in the history of ever, managed to complete more than 3 laps of Spa Francorchamps without spinning off the track when I have all of the assists off.

It is a proper Sim, not an Arcade sim like the other games. I expect I would find it easier with a wheel but this game is a tad to much for me. I'll put it in the pile of rFactor and iRacing. Not for me at all!

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Only hear about this last week how has it been hidden for that long!! I browse game news every day or 2. Tbh watched the trailer looks great! Well since Driveclub is updating every month or so i don't think I need another racer.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="nextgen3, post: 6500314]Only hear about this last week how has it been hidden for that long!! I browse game news every day or 2. Tbh watched the trailer looks great! Well since Driveclub is updating every month or so i don't think I need another racer.[/QUOTE]

Can never have too many racing games in my view!

Will be interesting to see what the feedback will be like with a controller, can imagine this is a game better played with a wheel!