Aus PS3 in the UK

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
Hey could someone tell me if my PS3 will work in the UK? we are moving in a few months and it would SUCK not being able to play it and also will games i buy over there work on mine? or would i have to inport or whatever :/

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
There is not any region coding for the games to consoles - there is some specific DLC that is specific to games of specific regions - but you can get around that w/ having multiple PSN accounts for the various regions.

The other concerns are DVDs, BDs, Power and TV connection.

Power - you can either buy an adapter to the plug style or simply replace the cord for a couple bucks - it's the same ~240V/50Hz in UK and Aus

TV Connection - I'm pretty sure you guys use the same 25/50Hz refresh rates over HDMI and definitely the same resolution so no issue there.

You're in the same BD regions, so BD's you buy in UK will play. But you're in a different DVD region, so it will not play BD's that you buy in UK.

So you're mostly good to go.

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
[QUOTE="TAZ427, post: 5600699]There is not any region coding for the games to consoles - there is some specific DLC that is specific to games of specific regions - but you can get around that w/ having multiple PSN accounts for the various regions.

The other concerns are DVDs, BDs, Power and TV connection.

Power - you can either buy an adapter to the plug style or simply replace the cord for a couple bucks - it's the same ~240V/50Hz in UK and Aus

TV Connection - I'm pretty sure you guys use the same 25/50Hz refresh rates over HDMI and definitely the same resolution so no issue there.

You're in the same BD regions, so BD's you buy in UK will play. But you're in a different DVD region, so it will not play BD's that you buy in UK.

So you're mostly good to go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man aslong as i can still play games then its good 1 thing tho becasue my account was made here with our internet will it still work once we get new internet set up? lol im sounding stupid but i wanna be sure and ready

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
yeah the account isnt specific to ISP. all you do is just connect to your router in the UK with your ps3. (network settings and run the set up wizard)

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
The internet has a long reach ;-) Yes, it will work. Many people have accounts in multiple regions specifically to get to items that are not available in their regions. I have EU and Japan accounts along with my primary US account.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
You don't need a power adapter, the PS3 has a universal power supply.

Mine is a US PS3 (110v) plugged straight in the a socket in NZ (240v)

Games are region free. MOST companies now have region free blu-rays. Universal, Warner, Paramount and Sony all do. Fox arent, Disney are, BUena Vista aren't.

But AUS and UK are the same region, so what does it matter?

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
yea UK socket outlets are different

but the power is relatively the same the UK run on 230V 50hz wth a differential of +10% or -6%

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
haha i have nooooo clue about all this power talk lol but aslong as it will work and not kill its self then its goooood, if anyone is from the uk can you tell me what devon is like