Australian Price (Official)

May 7, 2006
well the 360 was $1500 in australia sydney.
but 1000 dollars c'mon thats sum bullshit right there man, ps has always been the way to cheapness and this sucks

*goes to eb top talk about deals (heheheh)

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
Skribble said:
It's legal, however be careful because PS3 won't be in such short supply so you wont get such a high turnover.
But then again, it will still be in short supply, I think that it could get sold out within the first week, just no where near as bad as the 360, but still the supplies will be short.

I think I may just preorder 3 of them, sell 2 through ebay, paying them off with the money and sending to the buyers, and having more money to buy games and such for the 3rd console.

domin8r

Superior Member
Nov 2, 2005
The price is mainly for early adopters, I've seen it many times before with consoles. Most people won't be able to get one at launch anyway, unless you purchase one from ebay for $2000, think I'm joking you wait and see. The price will come down in a few months. I'll get one and I'm going for the 60gb version at launch.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
The price will come down in a few months. I'll get one and I'm going for the 60gb version at launch.
Remember that last time Sony kept Ps2 at $749 price point for 13 months! From that experience I simply can't predict price drops reliably any more, it could be a few months or many.

Jun 5, 2005
Moogle Kupo said:
well the 360 was $1500 in australia sydney.
but 1000 dollars c'mon thats sum *expletive deleted* right there man, ps has always been the way to cheapness and this sucks

*goes to eb top talk about deals (heheheh)
1.5k?, i never heard or saw it for that much, where abouts are you from?
at launch 360 was like 800-900$ at eb, target and stuff

designit123

Elite Member
Oct 6, 2005
Sypherssj209 said:
Skribble said:
It's legal, however be careful because PS3 won't be in such short supply so you wont get such a high turnover.
But then again, it will still be in short supply, I think that it could get sold out within the first week, just no where near as bad as the 360, but still the supplies will be short.

I think I may just preorder 3 of them, sell 2 through ebay, paying them off with the money and sending to the buyers, and having more money to buy games and such for the 3rd console.
I hope you get stuck with all of them and cant sell them..... Some dude that didnt preorder but really wants one is gonna have to pay more than he should because of w#$%^&s like you.... I bet you dont have an abn number and dont declare the profits either.... dont be a tosser

Nov 10, 2005
$1000 dollas.... $1000 DOLLAS!!! who has the money to pay that i'm 14 and make 10 dollas a week my average b-day presents average $350 there is no possible way i can afford that. I don't know what to do it's just too much the 360 was only $650 in Australia. I'll think of something i've got it now wheres the closest bank lol JK. If i want it i better start saving.

sol-lekz

Apprentice
May 30, 2005
Don't i owe someone a ps3 now after making a bet that it wouldn't be a grand in austraila :roll:

Well the only thing i can see thats gonna happen is you guys down there buying it off ebay unless ebay has rediculous prices or you guys basically sending money over here to people you know to buy it and send it back there still hmmmm..thats the only way i can think of you people getting it fro cheaper than in your home conutry.! feel sorry for ya all!!!

No doubt posting please- use the edit button. ~Cera

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
designit123 said:
Sypherssj209 said:
Skribble said:

I hope you get stuck with all of them and cant sell them..... Some dude that didnt preorder but really wants one is gonna have to pay more than he should because of w#$%^&s like you.... I bet you dont have an abn number and dont declare the profits either.... dont be a tosser
Wow, you sure are a mature and respectable person arent you... :roll:

Look at how the world works mate, you buy things, sell them for more to people who really want them, thats what alot of people do with things, hell, me and a bunch of friends chipped in and bought 10 Krusty Demons tickets and kept 1 each, leaving 7, they were going for $70 each and people really wanted them so we sold them for $100 each.

Dont you understand? im talking about those who want one who are already wealthy mate, people bought the 360 from between prices of $1000-$4000 US on ebay back during launch, I dont think people who buy them are a "poor dude" :roll:

Dont insult somone like that because its not a very nice thing to do, im not out to hurt anyone, ALOT of people do things like this, heck, you would notice that perhaps a few others on this site have done so themselves.

If somone wants one at launch, they should pre-order one, simple as that, I just went and preordered a PS3 today, only 1 though, not planning on doing the plan I had because I know they guy at EB and he said its not worth doing because they wont be out of stock as much as the 360 launch.

Also, if somone wants one, and didnt pre-order, then they will just have to wait wont they because in reality, only the people who pre-order will be the ones getting the first shipments, ANYONE here who has knowledge from previous experience will tell you that.

I dont have an abn number ? dont declaire profits?..where did that come from? they arent compulsory....stop throwing around words when all it does is make you look like the fool.

Whats your problem? Im a tosser now? your really brave behind the face of the internet arent ya mate, grow up (mentally) or get lost, we dont need that kind of attitude here.

Kejun

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2005
Umm... to whoever said to import because the CDN dollar was close to the AUS dollar..... I wouldn't be so sure... just a few short years ago the CDN dollar was 60 cents, today it is over 90 cents.... huge difference. So I would seriously check the difference between AUS and _______(insert country wanted to import from) before thinking it's that much cheaper.

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
Well, the Australian dollar is almost up to 80 cents these days, if we were importing without the taxes and such that our importers and exporters charge on us then we would be saving over $200 bucks I think.

$1.00 CAD = $1.16 AUD, not much difference, but if we were to import from like Canada or the US, that would mean we would have to buy our movies from overseas all the time, which wouldnt be so bad for the people with access to a credit card and such, but the younger kids would be out of it.

dmac

Superior Member
Feb 23, 2006
Are aussie's just rich or something? The good thing is that if the ps3 isn't region encoded then you can go somewhere (or order from somewhere) else and nab one for much cheaper.

SE fanboy

Forum Elder
Oct 7, 2005
Sony is just asking to lose marketshare. At the prices they are putting up, they won't be able to grab even 50% of the marketshare. Sony is doomed but I don't get as long as I get to play FF game. :D

Pink

Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2005
Importing probably wont save you that much considering you will have to factor in Taxes+Shipping+Tariffs(Customs). I feel sorry for you aussies though, you are getting up the butt with this pricing....

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
999 dollars who in there right mind would pay this for a console lol.
sony just lost down under
You know its not in US dollars right? its Australian Dollars.

Im willing to pay the $999, its sold me on everything its shown, heck, Im even starting to know what Kutaragi was saying when he said "maybe its too cheap"

I would like to know how much it may cost me in order to import a PS3 from the US or Canada or somthing, wonder if it would end up cheaper or me paying more.

May 13, 2006
i'm so going to spend the money to buy this sucker it looks amazing i know the price may seem high but just think u got almost 7 months to save and if you can't save enough you got to think are you in the wrong job haha jk. But yeah i will be saving my hard earned pennys for the ps3 and a decent hdtv

Defuser

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2006
Why felling sorry for the Aussies?It's Asians like me that you guys should be sorry.

US$500 or US$600 x 1.6 or 1.5 = WTF over 1.2k including Tax.

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
the_womble said:
Us Aussie are f***'d.
More F****D than us brits
Actually, im quite happy with my price now that I have fully thought it over.

See, were no longer getting just a gaming console, with the ability to save things onto the HDD and web browse, listen to music, have pictures on our PS3, and all the stuff they have, I think its worth the money.

Sure its unfair that we have to pay more then the US and stuff, but hey atleast were still getting them in a worldwide launch instead of waiting like 5 months after everyone else.

Im willing to pay extra to get it early.

arif

Superior Member
Jan 12, 2006
in trinidad and tobago it cost 1000us for and xbox 360 i dont know yet how much for a ps3 but it will definately be more

N

nimbus

How much is Xbox 360 in AU? How much was it launched for?

You guys KNOW that it's going to have a bigger number there, why are you having a heart attack over it. You either get it or you don't.

This is when you start singing "I'm Proud to be an American..."

Redevil

Apprentice
May 14, 2006
G_H_G said:
If the UK price is for the 60gb over £350 I will walk out the very next day and pick up a 360 with Oblivion. I will then get the PS3 at a later date when the price drops.
Yeah and after a few months the console will freeze on games and you'll end up sending it back to Microsoft. Believe I know what i'm talking about. I got mine and sold it on eBay a short time after.

Regarding the price issue, it's the same currency transfer rate isn't it? So all prices are pretty much equal in all parts of the world.

May 23, 2005
roosters93 said:
I am 13 and have no money for the ps3.
for me to get a $1000 AU is a big ask. I may need to get a paper round or something.
Now don't go turning to a life a crime to get your next gen fix :lol: (joke)