Batman: Arkham City to receive multiple perfect scores!

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
Exclusives! Who needs exclusives? Looks like Batman:AC is getting some 10/10 review scores. Can't wait!

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6235

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6221

If this info is correct, I can't ever recall any multiplatform video game getting more than one perfect score from a big name reviewer. Looks like this just jumped to the head of the line for GOTY.

Between this and Battlefield 3, nothing else will see the disc drive of my console until at least 2012!

Last edited:

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Dennis Dyack, post: 5685686]Exclusives! Who needs exclusives? Looks like Batman:AC is getting some 10/10 review scores. Can't wait!

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6235

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6221

If this info is correct, I can't ever recall any multiplatform video game getting more than one perfect score from a big name reviewer. Looks like this just jumped to the head of the line for GOTY.

Between this and Battlefield 3, nothing else will see the disc drive of my console until at least 2012![/QUOTE]

The irony of Dennis Dyack extolling the irrelevancy of 'console exclusives'.. Is not lost on me.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Everyone is really playing the hype flute for this title, and I do hope it's not because it's the sequel to a surprisingly good superhero title. This needs to be judge on it's own merits, not pseudo-hopeful wishes. Regardless, I have little doubt that this will be an excellent title. But I don't see it standing up to titles such as Skyrim.

Last edited:

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5685804]The irony of Dennis Dyack extolling the irrelevancy of 'console exclusives'.. Is not lost on me.[/QUOTE]

Well then, I guess a little irony is good for us all. Just a little levity to lighten things up.

[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5685834]Everyone is really playing the hype flute for this title, and I do hope it's not because it's the sequel to a surprisingly good superhero title. This needs to be judge on it's own merits, not pseudo-hopeful wishes. Regardless, i have little doubt that this will be an excellent title. I just don't see it standing up to titles such as Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

It is will/standing in it's own, as did AA. I guess it all comes down to personal preference in game types. Personally, I'll take action-adventure games over RPG's any day. That's just me though.

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Not surprised really, I got to play a portion of this game and it really is fucking amazing. Definitely competing for the years best title, no doubt about that.

Thread in the wrong section btw

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5685853]Thread in the wrong section btw[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I see BF3 and Rage threads in the PS3 section and they're not exclusives.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5685853]Not surprised really, I got to play a portion of this game and it really is fucking amazing. Definitely competing for the years best title, no doubt about that.

Thread in the wrong section btw[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the multiplatform section doesn't get much attention. I would have put the thread here here or in the PS3 section too.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
It's in the rules somewhere.

Something to do with the PS3 section getting more traffic/interest meaning more chance of further discussion. Some people don't even come into the 360 section.

[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5685859]To be fair, the multiplatform section doesn't get much attention. I would have put the thread here here or in the PS3 section too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I was always under the impression it was to go in the PS3 section?

Edit: http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/2...Please-read.?p=5629659&viewfull=1#post5629659

Last edited:

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Dennis Dyack, post: 5685847]Well then, I guess a little irony is good for us all. Just a little levity to lighten things up.

It is will/standing in it's own, as did AA. I guess it all comes down to personal preference in game types. Personally, I'll take action-adventure games over RPG's any day. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

Stupid question, but you're not really dennis dyack right?

[QUOTE="Dennis Dyack, post: 5685686]Exclusives! Who needs exclusives? Looks like Batman:AC is getting some 10/10 review scores. Can't wait!
[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's you, but I still prefer exclusives. That's why you buy a product. For that competitive advantage. To see what it has that the competition lacks. But good for Batman: AC... I'm glad I preordered.

[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 5686057]Why?[/QUOTE]

I second that. Why? This generation seems to be handling them just fine.

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5685900]Stupid question, but you're not really dennis dyack right?[/QUOTE]Lol, no. [QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5686061]That's why you buy a product. For that competitive advantage. To see what it has that the competition lacks.[/QUOTE]Not really. I buy for the overall package. Exclusives, for me, are just a minor factor in the decision making process. Frankly, most of the games I play are multi-platform games so exclusives are irrelevant. But that's just me.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5686950]i couldnt care what platform a game is on, if its good its good. i don't understand why anyone would think otherwise[/QUOTE]
Yes you do...

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
Getting it for sure and know it'll be one of the best games this year (though highly doubt it will beat Skyrim), but I definitely cant see it getting GOTY, there's too much competition this year compared to 2009, and there's a lot of BIG sellers. Will be happy if it does get GOTY though, I think it'll be between Uncharted 3, Skyrim and this, but Skyrim will win IMO.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
Getting it for sure and know it'll be one of the best games this year (though highly doubt it will beat Skyrim), but I definitely cant see it getting GOTY, there's too much competition this year compared to 2009, and there's a lot of BIG sellers. Will be happy if it does get GOTY though, I think it'll be between Uncharted 3, Skyrim and this, but Skyrim will win IMO.

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 5689646]multiple perfect scores ? lol...ridiculous.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Lol! Guess you've been hiding under a rock and missed the reviews.