Battlefield 4 - China Rising Expansion Pack Trailer

Demi_God

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2013
Icy hot of the north
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6259261]The campaign is such a bug filled mess that I dont even care about this game anymore. Glad I only rented it.[/QUOTE]

yea, your lucky. LOL

I'm just glade I didn't plop down an extra $50 for the premium. They also refuse to put in the grouping with friends at the main menu. From what I understand that feature won't be coming. They've said no word on the audio problems on the PS4 or anything. I think next monday I will trade in BF4 because it's just not worth keeping. I'll be able to at least get some store credit or something for another game. But for the future, I will hold off on all pre-purchases from DICE or EA. They are certainly a company not worth pre-ordering games from. Honestly, what a shame with all the talent that is in DICE and they throw this game out half-assed without a care in the world. What a shame and a loss for such a potentially awesome game.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
This game is a multiplayer game first and foremost, the campaign is just a tacked on effort. If it was down to DICE they wouldn't even bother with a single player campaign.. There are a few issues with the multiplayer at the minute, but DICE are renowned for supporting their games and fixing and updating them as required.

G

GreatSpaceKoaster

Looks cool! Considering China's moves lately, this is pretty relevant.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm love BF4 but if it only worked issues free, both DLC and new patch for PS4 that were supposed to be release today were delayed with no specific date. Apparently PC and Xbox have got even more issues with China Rising, so the release of the DLC probably won't bring anything good on PS4, like I said as much as I love the game it is a complete utter failure, DICE/EA just can't get it right with this game.

Nov 19, 2013
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6259261]The campaign is such a bug filled mess that I dont even care about this game anymore. Glad I only rented it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't back this up more. ;)

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6259297]This game is a multiplayer game first and foremost, the campaign is just a tacked on effort. If it was down to DICE they wouldn't even bother with a single player campaign.. There are a few issues with the multiplayer at the minute, but DICE are renowned for supporting their games and fixing and updating them as required.[/QUOTE] That may be but I expect the entire game to work properly not just part of it.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6259314]That may be but I expect the entire game to work properly not just part of it.[/QUOTE]Fair point.. I've tried the SP myself and don't get on with it. I guess we all have our expectations, mine are that I'm going to have a fully supported and updated multiplayer FPS to play for the next two years. Anything else would just be a bonus.. :icon_thumright:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Been on it most of this evening (SP & MP) and enjoying it a lot. I had 1 crash which through me to the PS4 home screen after a round of rush but other than that it's been stable.

Maybe I've just not noticed or seen any of the glitches/bugs although there was one, I finished top :lol: that's a rarity but was just a round where anything I seemed to hit died and charges I set on M-COM's detonated :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6259332]My main issue is the game crashing while I'm in a large conquest, once they sort that out I'll be a happy bunny! :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, I've only played rush so that's why I haven't seen that issue.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="SupraGaz, post: 6259334]Ah, I've only played rush so that's why I haven't seen that issue.[/QUOTE]
You want to try a large conquest mate, even if it crashes its still the best BF experience I've ever had.. 64 players going at it, vehicles and bullets everywhere and you start to realise why they made those maps so big! :D

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Still weighing up if I should buy this or not, usually there are a ton of bugs that stop me from enjoying the game and I get disconnected thus increasing my "quit ratio" to 50% or more.

Finally consoles experience what PC gamers have for over 10 years. 64 player Battlefield. The way its mean to be played.

By the way you can play the first BF game for free on PC if you so desire for nostalgia.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/battlefield-1942-ANW.html

Last edited:

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6259347]

Finally consoles experience what PC gamers have for over 10 years. 64 player Battlefield. The way its mean to be played.

[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed BF3 on PS3 but on certain maps you could tell they were made for double the amount of players and vehicles. I don't know if it was right, but I'm sure I read somewhere once the player count was limited last gen because of the 360 and a need to maintain parity.. Ps3 had shown with MAG that high player counts were a possibility..

Mar 11, 2006
The MP isn't nearly as unstable as the campaign and the campaign is only unstable because it has a huge number of glitches. For a Battlefield, it was a decent campaign. The value of BF4 is in the MP and that's in the many hours of online playtime. One of the cool things is evading by diving in the water. Just the dynamic water effects in MP are pretty amazing. Think about all those dynamics across 64 players at a time. The game action is also very smooth, fluid and fast. The MP is great.

Apr 28, 2005
Maryland
I'm ready to trade in the game as well. Conquest on WiFi is a laggy mess for me. I'm now using a LAN connection alleviate that issue. It's still noticeable at times, but not as much. There's still the sound issue in conquest that's friggin annoying, too.

I don't understand how these jackholes continue to get away with putting out products that don't work as intended. These problems are grounds for a class action lawsuit. :pissed:

jonathanm1978

Elite Member
Feb 29, 2008
[QUOTE="PhillyPhreak, post: 6259381]I'm ready to trade in the game as well. Conquest on WiFi is a laggy mess for me. I'm now using a LAN connection alleviate that issue. It's still noticeable at times, but not as much. There's still the sound issue in conquest that's friggin annoying, too.

I don't understand how these jackholes continue to get away with putting out products that don't work as intended. These problems are grounds for a class action lawsuit. :pissed:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how dare they not use their crystal ball, or at the very least, consult the psychic friends network, *gasp* EA would never force a deadline that's unrealistic regardless if the game was ready...after all, EA doesn't care about money...they are really focused on customer satisfaction. Dice just got to be the lucky studio with all the blame.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6259332]My main issue is the game crashing while I'm in a large conquest, once they sort that out I'll be a happy bunny! :)[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
finally some BF3-style maps. we need more of those. also i kind of miss those really long and pointless games lol. was fun to mess around in.

and why the heck did they take out CTF? It was the only other new mode i actually liked.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 6259479]finally some BF3-style maps. we need more of those. also i kind of miss those really long and pointless games lol. was fun to mess around in.

and why the heck did they take out CTF? It was the only other new mode i actually liked.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it there? I know Capture The Flag is in there because I've seen it almost at the very bottom right above or under Air Superiority but I've never tried it myself, I'm all into Conquest only. But I'm really hyped to give Air Superiority Helicopters a try :D

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
I think CTF along with air superiority will come online with the relevant DLC. I tried to play air superiority the other night and it told me I didn't have the necessary expansion..

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 6259479]finally some BF3-style maps. we need more of those. also i kind of miss those really long and pointless games lol. was fun to mess around in.

and why the heck did they take out CTF? It was the only other new mode i actually liked.[/QUOTE]

I love CTF in other games but in BF3 it sucked.

• The ability to pick up the flag then jump in a chopper or a tank is a no no, the only vehicle that should be able to transport flags is the bikes or quads
  • The fact you have to stand next to flag for 20 or so seconds to return it is dumb
  • The constant blips and bleeps, no idea what any of them mean to this day
  • No score on scoreboard
  • One team always wins even though the flag captures are an even 1-1 or 2-2

It was just rushed game mode.

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Serinous, post: 6259661]I kinda want to get BF4, but hearing about all the bugs and stuff it's making me hesitating. Kotaku just posted a gif about it too lol. http://kotaku.com/the-elevators-in-battlefield-4-theyre-fine-as-long-as-1476288026[/QUOTE] The main glitch I kept having was I would be near the end of a mission and the friend AI wouldn't move forward to the next objective or the scripted event leading to the next objective wouldn't happen so the mission wouldn't move forward and I would have to start all over again.

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6259683]The main glitch I kept having was I would be near the end of a mission and the friend AI wouldn't move forward to the next objective or the scripted event leading to the next objective wouldn't happen so the mission wouldn't move forward and I would have to start all over again.[/QUOTE]

yeh i wouldnt want to deal with that shit

G

GreatSpaceKoaster

Battlefield was always about online multiplayer. I'll admit that it was kinda cool in single player mode on BF2:Modern Combat where you could quickly switch places with your A.I. teammates by aiming at them and pushing a button. But other than that, I just play single player simply because I paid for it. Otherwise it's all about online.

Demi_God

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2013
Icy hot of the north
Okay, so from what I understand, DICE is going to fix the audio issues along with some other things. If they fix these issues, I will be more than happy to keep on playing it and I might actually get the premium but I will wait till 2 expansions hit before buying them.