Battlefield V Trailer... Running on Xbox?

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Not sure about the dislikes. Game looks really good to me. It looks like they're trying to give it a different approach, which is perfectly fine to me.

Visually looks outstanding, judging by this trailer.

H

Hedon

Loved the trailer. I loved the other video where they had like 26 minutes of detail on the changes. Game visually looks sick. Might end up being the best looking game on console to date.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Sick is the exact word I would use to describe the graphics but not in a good way. Dirty lens flare post processing is completely unnecessary. The screenshots showing off the battles aren't doing them any favors either.

Is it really too much to ask for clean graphics? For the graphic artists to stop making a mess of their canvas?

I expect Ubisoft will blow this game out of the water visually when they reveal The Division 2.

@Fijiandoce knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Honestly... visuals is the last thing I would complain about this trailer. Very hard to be impressed after GOW and this one did.

I'm reading people dislike the art direction... say characters look somehow cartoonish or gangter like. I don't care... as long as they look good. I think it's the toll for EA's background.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Weird. I watched the 4K youtube res on my 4K TV and it was super clean.
I'm referring to how the games have looked since Battlefield 3. The little patches of light that stick to the camera. To make it worse, they've added bloom to the sky. There's nothing impressive about adding post processing with no rhyme or reason.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
This trailer (i think) symbolises a bit how companies view their audience... short attention spanned, fickle, and dim...

What did i actually see?

Pretty graphics?... sure, but that's not special when the likes of GOW, and Horizon (to name two of many) are stomping around.
simulated gameplay that is in no way relevant to actual "gameplay".
Characters who look interesting?... lol nope.

This looks like a COD trailer.

It's so over produced. The only thing i got is that its WWII but not WWII, and it took 2 and a half minutes to convey this.

why are the planes flying feet from the ground?
who's this dude bro who's "got your back"?
why is everybody running in every which direction?
why are the enemies shooting at their own advance?

why?

May 20, 2008
Sick is the exact word I would use to describe the graphics but not in a good way. Dirty lens flare post processing is completely unnecessary. The screenshots showing off the battles aren't doing them any favors either.

Is it really too much to ask for clean graphics? For the graphic artists to stop making a mess of their canvas?

I expect Ubisoft will blow this game out of the water visually when they reveal The Division 2.

@Fijiandoce knows what I'm talking about.
i doubt that.
This trailer (i think) symbolises a bit how companies view their audience... short attention spanned, fickle, and dim...

What did i actually see?

Pretty graphics?... sure, but that's not special when the likes of GOW, and Horizon (to name two of many) are stomping around.
simulated gameplay that is in no way relevant to actual "gameplay".
Characters who look interesting?... lol nope.

This looks like a COD trailer.

It's so over produced. The only thing i got is that its WWII but not WWII, and it took 2 and a half minutes to convey this.

why are the planes flying feet from the ground?
who's this dude bro who's "got your back"?
why is everybody running in every which direction?
why are the enemies shooting at their own advance?

why?
Meh, I didn’t see anything that was much different than what other publishers have done in the past. It’s Battlefield and most of its players already know what they’re getting.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
My advice is, if you're going to complain about something, at least know what you're talking about.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/17388414/battlefield-v-fans-game-women-world-war-2-history

Women did fight in World War II, from the air force units known as the “Night Witches,” to secret agents like Nancy Wake. Lyudmila Pavlichenko is hailed as the most successful female sniper in history, as well as one of the top military snipers of all time with a credited 309 kills. Wanda Gertz began her military career during World War I and later commanded an all-female battalion in World War II. Young women enlisted in combat roles across the world. That a single British woman in the game’s reveal trailer has Battlefield players so riled up is willful ignorance that such a role could have ever existed in history.
Not directed at anyone here. I just came across this online and couldn't believe so many people jumped on the same critical bandwagon.

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Meh, I didn’t see anything that was much different than what other publishers have done in the past. It’s Battlefield and most of its players already know what they’re getting.
That was kind of the point with saying it's essentially a COD trailer: Little substance (even for BF), amongst a backdrop of a highly overdone set-piece that isn't really indicative of anything.

This is the BF1 reveal by comparison:
^Players actually got quite a bit to work with, and the trailer itself is nicely composed.

What's happening in the BF5 trailer is anyone's guess.. the like ratio should also be indicative of this fact. Last i checked, "fans" weren't giving the BF5 trailer a warm welcome...[EDIT: Just checked. It's literally 50:50 now... far cry from the BF1 trailer]

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Why not? When Ubisoft first revealed their gameplay trailer for The Division, it's graphics were incredibly clean by which I mean there was no unnecessary post-processing effects. The lighting, shadows and attention to detail in the city streets also served to compliment the photorealistic graphics.

May 20, 2008
Why not? When Ubisoft first revealed their gameplay trailer for The Division, it's graphics were incredibly clean by which I mean there was no unnecessary post-processing effects. The lighting, shadows and attention to detail in the city streets also served to compliment the photorealistic graphics.
the final product was also downgraded, iirc.