Belgian cyclist faces lifetime ban for mechanical doping

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Belgian under 23 world cyclo cross champion Femke Van den Driessche (19) was found to be using a concealed motor in her bike frame in late January.

This is her explanation of the doped bike. Do you believe her?
Source
“He bought it from me after last season, it’s exactly the same bike as I use,” Van den Driessche said in the days after the discovery. “That friend explored the course with my brother and had the bike against the truck. One of my mechanics must have thought that it was my bike and had it cleaned and taken [to the pits].

“That boy will sometimes train with me or with my brothers, but I never knew that there was a motor in the bike. He never told me. It’s all a mistake and I’m really badly scared. I feel very bad.”

Last edited:

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6505299]found to be using a concealed motor in her bike frame ...[/QUOTE]
Didn't even know that was a thing. That's one small motor presumably. Where the heck is that hidden?

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Major, post: 6505458]Well cheats will be cheats I guess. That's one hell of an excuse though.[/QUOTE]

The whole family seems to be a bunch of no good doing, cheaters.

Also, her brother Niels is currently serving a suspension for doping.

Van den Driessche’s father and brother charged with stealing expensive birds

Just when you thought Van den Driessche’s story couldn’t possibly get any more bizarre - it does.

A report on hln.be Tuesday says that Van den Driessche’s father, Peter, and brother, Niels, are facing criminal charges for trying to steal two expensive parakeets from the pet store De Gouldamandine in Varsenare. If convicted, they could receive prison sentences of between one and five years, and a fine of up to €3,000.
Source
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-den-driessches-friend-claims-ownership-of-motorised-bike/

Last edited: