Best app for forums

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Anyone know what the best app for forums would be for Android?

I'm guessing it will be far easier now with Xenforo to browser through a smartphone.

Mr.Bishop

Administrator
Dec 21, 2009
Montreal
www.psu.com
Anyone know what the best app for forums would be for Android?

I'm guessing it will be far easier now with Xenforo to browser through a smartphone.
The mobile theme will be really good. If you wanted to get crazy, we could talk about building a really slick app for these forums. Only catch would be that we'd need to raise about $1k for the one-time licence for the platform we'd use.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
The mobile version of this site is really good now. Tapatalk is the only game in town at the moment, unfortunately ... and Tapatalk is a shadow of its former self.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah, been checking it out. It's decent on mobile. Tapatalk compatibility should be incoming in the new few weeks.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I honestly just always prefer the actual mobile site rather than an app. But that's just my choice! I don't think there's too many apps out there anymore for it either, as there's not too many forums out there anymore; as well as some forums have a solid set up mobile theme.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Seeing how good the mobile version is, I’d be happy with just tapatalk support and the mobile version. If there are money to spare a PSU app would be nice, with auto-saving posts while writing, in case the app crashes or the phone runs out of RAM when you switch to an other app. Maybe further down the road when the forum is filled with people and we spend most of our time here again. We have to get ready for the PS5! 😁

Mr.Bishop

Administrator
Dec 21, 2009
Montreal
www.psu.com
Seeing how good the mobile version is, I’d be happy with just tapatalk support and the mobile version. If there are money to spare a PSU app would be nice, with auto-saving posts while writing, in case the app crashes or the phone runs out of RAM when you switch to an other app. Maybe further down the road when the forum is filled with people and we spend most of our time here again. We have to get ready for the PS5! 😁
Harass Steven about this.... if we can do well enough over the next few months to afford the development, its entirely possible to build a PSU app. :)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Currently, the forums already auto-save posts so I would imagine the feature would carry over to a mobile version.