Best bluetooth/portable speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
looking for a decent and reasonably priced bluetooth speaker that I can use with my phone and tablet, I know some of the small ones have decent sound but I don't know too much about the best makes and stuff like that!

does anyone here use them or have any recommendations?

Last edited:

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
thanks I will take a look :) I watched some videos and one of them mentioned the UE Boom which is probably the bigger version so I'll take a look at that too, along with Jawbone Jambox and Creative Sound Blaster

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Well, I personally never had any other bluetooth speakers than Logitech.. My first pair broke pretty fast sadly enough, so.. I figured out I'd go for a different one. One I've got now is really easy to use, small and easy to take with you, hence the choice I made ;)
Though I will probably upgrade in the future, seemingly as the other ones are 360° sound :snicker

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
yeah some of those 360 sound speakers would be pretty awesome!

I think I have decided on what speaker to get, found one by Anker and it sounds really good and has a decent battery life too, only came to £30! I read that apparently when the music is sent via bluetooth it gets reconverted and compressed so it will never be the best sound anyway so I didn't want to spend around £100 for a speaker!

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Well, I prefer a high quality speaker as well and I have to be honest, while you can hear the difference in quality, it ain't THAT big, so I don't mind spending a bit more. Out of previous experience, I rather give out a bigger amount at once than small ones in multiple times :)

With my headphones I used to buy ones that were pretty cheap, about 30 - 50 euros.. They broke in 2/3 months and was always the same issue which never counted for guarantee so eventually I spent a bit more on new ones (currently own these, which have costed me 275 euros) and I have been using mine for 2 years now without any problem occuring :D

So, I didn't want to take the risk for a bluetooth speaker as well.
Have been using this one (mainly only for in the shower actually and outside in the summer) since a year or a bit more now and still working fine. Somewhere I'm hoping it'll break soon though so I can upgrade :snicker but nonetheless, the little fellah knows how to hold on :D

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I've been researching bluetooth speakers for a while now. I was after one with multimedia buttons, so I can play/pause a video without touching the iPad.

I found that some speakers have audio/video lag when you watch videos from a portable device. Jawbone Jambox and Big Jambox to name just two. Jambox Mini is a bit better but not perfect.

Perfect sync had speakers from Harman Kardon, Bose, some Sony and logitech but most of them had no play/pause button.

Harman Kardon Esquire and Bose Soundlink Colour filled my criteria best. Bose Colour was my favourite but I'll get it when the price is right.

Apr 13, 2015
New Jersey
I recently bought the Amazon Basics BTV1 speakers for $50. Its sound quality is pretty similar to the UE Mini Boom but its volume is higher. I had a choice between this one and the Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz Curve (much cheaper at just $30). This one was about the size of half a coke can but since it couldn't play bass notes, I chose the other one over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.