Best looking game trailers?

Dec 11, 2005
I think that the Project Offset, Motorstorm, MGS (it's probably all CGI, unfortunately) and Killzone (could it be real-time?!) trailers are the best. How about you?

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
MGS was not CGI, it has been said a million times.
Best trailers: Killzone, MGS, Tekken, Motorstorm.

A

Alkemist

I honestly can't believe there are people still claiming that the MGS4 trailer was pre-rendered CGI. :lol:

On topic: Motostorm, The Getaway PS3, Heavenly Sword(Actually uses the game engine, amazing), but still.....prerendered or not Killzone takes the top spot for next gen trailers in my book.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
YEahh! I forgot Heavenly Sword...that game looks gorgeous, remarkable graphics and incredible action. Gonna stand up to DMC4. :eek:

Angelcurio

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2005
www.neogaf.com
The trailers that really made me understand what the NEXT GENERATION thing was all about were Motorstorm, Metal Gear Solid 4, and obviously killzone.

But really, Motorstorm was the one that really surprised me, all the destruction, graphics, MUD, i could not believe it.

And the one that made cry, Final Fantasy VII tech demo, when i saw that, i could only think of "Finally my wish has been granted", especially when i saw Aeris walking, and i remember the original CG movie of that exact same scene for ps1, the PS3 tech demo was years better than that original CG movie.

Naboomagnoli

Master Poster
Dec 17, 2005
I know that the Motorstorm trailer showed some in-game footage, but I still don't think it's ALL in-engine. I know there's that video of one of the developers saying "It's all PS3", but that doesn't mean it wasn't sped up a la the second half of Heavenly Sword (or as I call it, "Holy S - word!" ).

Even so, I can definitely see how a lot of it could be implemented ; the clouds of dust would be easy enough, the PhysX engine models substances like mud going onto cars as seen in the Middleware thread, the windscreen smashing is just a development of car damage combined with physics, foliage could just be made by SpeedTree, motion blur seems to be in every next-gen racing game..

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Motor Storm owns them all!!!! (i mean all the ps3, xbox 360, and revo games)
The graphics, the level of destruction (both enviroment and vehicles) and the whole enviroment. This will be the first game im puttng in my sexy beast called king PS3

Nov 13, 2005
On topic: Motostorm, The Getaway PS3, Heavenly Sword(Actually uses the game engine, amazing), but still.....prerendered or not Killzone takes the top spot for next gen trailers in my book.
Totally agree with you man, I can hardly wait for Heavenly Sword and killzone, both of their trailers look absolutely amazing, especially Heavenly Sword. I usually don't like dynasty warrior type games, but this one I will look at more closely.

OKlondon

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2006
motorstorm!!!!!!!! killzone, MGS, heavenly sword all where amazing but motorstorm it was just, i dont know words can not describe.

mrnagy88

Forum Guru
Dec 10, 2005
The word is that motorstorm was 'realtime' but there was no AI running yet, it's just the graphics side of things... They also had several SPU's left over, so no worries :wink:

I wish there was a better video of Lair, that game looks beatiful, except all the versions I've seen have been recorded on a cell-phone or something...
You'd think they'd get updated videos from CES or whatever...

Sep 29, 2005
Yeah, it is funny when people call MGS4 CG when the damn trailer states at the very beginning ... Forget Pre-Rendered Stuff! lol. And then Hideo and company showcased the technology through real-time demonstrations of how they can change virtually everything about the engine on the fly.

Best in my opinion overall was MGS4 and Killzone, with Motorstorm coming in right behind them and Final Fantasy tech.

Mika Mo 25

Super Elite
Sep 25, 2005
Central said:
I think that the Project Offset, Motorstorm, MGS (it's probably all CGI, unfortunately) and Killzone (could it be real-time?!) trailers are the best. How about you?
Haha, man I could have written this post. The first trailer that I saw that impressed me was the two Project Offset Trailers or "Sneak Peeks" as they say on their official website. Then I saw the Killzone trailer and it just blew me away. The most impressive of them all I believe is Motor Storm because of the physics that were performed and how realistic everything looked. The Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer was impressive but I have never played a Metal Gear game so I do not know what to expect from the game itself.

EDIT: And the Metal Gear Solid 4 video was not a CGI... :?

FiNaL-FaNtAsY

Dedicated Member
Jan 1, 2006
I loved the Explosion aspects in killzone a lot. Motorstorms wreckage was awsome, great physical aspects in that game. MGS4 was very impressive to see. It has awsome polygons. Finally heavenly sword looked awsome. beautiful GFX.

Truthfully i dont know whish one was better. Im going with the realistic killzone trailer, because of what the developers say that the game will look just as great or even better than that cgi movie trailer. Im really looking forword for this game.

Final fantasy VII demo was a heart stopper for me as well. I do wish they make the remake or a different sequel other than dirge of cerberus.

Kyuuen

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2005
i'd say KZ and Motorstorm.. even though its so controversial. Though MGS4 was almost up there.

Bleh when that car was gonna crash into the guy picking up his motorcycle... WHEW it looked really insane.

Jan 16, 2006
moving the camera around and changing the light and stuff makes it real time right?

anyways i think the best trailer is a tie between killzone 2 (cgi) and motor storm (probably cgi)

i watched this thing on the killzone2 page at ign where some sony guy said they got the dev kits out in time and everything was real time but who knows.

then i heard that all the videos were real time once at 5 fps. recorded. and then sped up to regular speeds for e3 to be viewed normally.

and then today i watched this at http://www.gametrailers.com/gamehead.php its about a company that makes cut scenes for other companys. the head of the company said "they came to me and asked me to make the killzone 2 trailer but i turned it down." then he says that it most definately was pre-rendered (killzone 2 atleast) cause he knows the company and ppl from it that made it and said it toke them 6 months to make it. he then said he wished he hadnt turn that down and he coulda made it even better.u should watch it

De Man

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2006
Killzone obviously because it's even considered the best looking video ever.
The video had some glitches but it happened because no alpha kits support and they are occasional if I'm not wrong.

Firewarrior

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2005
Killzone done it for me but MGS4 and Motorstorm added so did the PS3 Fight Night 3 but the 360 Looks amazing too but its got some errors

A

Aeolu

The ones that are still etched in my mind are:

• MGS4
  • Killzone
  • Motorstorm
  • Final Fantasy Technical Demo
  • Heavenly Sword

I understand that FF7 might not be revisited, but I was hit with a wave of nostalgia, during the demonstration.

:lol:

Jan 21, 2006
Motorstorm - it looks amaaaazing and its realtime "caaaaan you dig it"

Killzone - smokes, fire, explosion, soldiers gears and a whoooole lot of things

MGS4 - i mean commooooooon, this is definately topp 5 in tgs 2005