Best Media Server Program for PS3?

madhi19

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2008
ps3 media server is feature heavy and in JAVA in other word it a resource hog but it does transcoding really well! It all depend on your platform I guess. On a Linux dedicated files/media server nothing beat Fuppes or Mediatomb both are pretty lightweight. On windows I used TVersity.

Nov 27, 2009
TVersity is pretty good.... anyone used or ever looked at Simplecenter? I've been doing some reading and some people argue it's functionality... not sure though.

Nov 10, 2009
[QUOTE="nas2344, post: 0]what would you guys recommend?[/quote]

Twonkymedia, it's fast reliable and does not hog your system like TVersity or PS3Mediaserver.

I found TVersity to be very picky, and PS3Mediaserver to be unreliable. Twonkymedia just works...

GypsyKid

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2007
I'm on a Mac and found PS3 media server to be pretty useless and at times confusing.

I find Vuze to be the best program. It downloads torrents, and is a media server/transcoder all in one.

What's nice about it is that you can DL your files and set it up so that your files will automatically be ready to be played on the PS3 as soon as they are done, so you can set-up a bunch of movies to DL, and just chill and relax in front of the TV and watch your newly DL'ed movies right after another without having to go back, in most cases, and fuss with your computer.

Judgegeo

Dedicated Member
May 29, 2008
TVersity is fine.

I ran PS3medisaserver for a bit when I was mainly using linux. it does the job, but not very well.

ginno

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2006
This helped a load, Tversity didn't pick up my ps3 but PS3 Media Server did in a matter of seconds, hadn't heard of it before this thread. Thanks