Best PS1, PS2 & PSP games?!

Faggotry

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2007
I've played alot of game's on Playstation 2.
From Final Fantasy to Eyetoy.
But overall what is your favourite Playstation 2 game?

My Favourite is probably Devil may cry [the first one]
I ussually hate shooter's alot [Excluding Resident Evil cause that had Zombies]
Devil may cry has such an Interesting plot and for a Game with such little Character's showed that some Character's can make a game interesting by themself.
Dante was pretty much the only Character beside's Trish you have at any point of the game as an ally but Wasn't he awesome, a complete cocky attitude and he owned his own Devil Slaying Shop.

It was pretty cool.

Say your Favorite PS2 Game and find out at the end of the thread.
THE BEST PLAYSTATION 2 GAME!!! [By Majority's Minds.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
Mine would have to be God of War II. Everything about the game just screams quality, from the high production values, great voice acting, awesome combat, and incredible story. Metal Gear Solid 2 would be the game nipping at its heels, coming in at a close second, but yeah, God of War II was my favorite game on PS2.

Sep 27, 2007
I'm gonna have to go with Shadow of The Colossus. Fantastic story (though somehow with absolutely no story telling). Quality graphics and possibly my favorite ending of any game to date.

Yes I'm new. Thought I'd better get posting.

nuffmon

Superior Member
Dec 9, 2006
That's a difficult one. GTA would be up there somewhere i guess along with FFX and MGS3, but i think given that i have played hours and hours i would give it to GT4. Still play it today.

Jan 3, 2007
That's easy! Sonic the Hedgehog Collection! :D
I mean c'mon, you get all of the Sonic Sega games in one nifty little PS2 disk.

No seriously, probably hmm........

KH2 (Kingdom Hearts 2).............with runners up being MGS3: Subsistence, NFSU2 and FFX and DMC3

Throw in a little GH2 for a party game and Indigo Prophecy for best movie experience game I've played, problem is you can only play it once or twice. (I can't acronym that one :-D )

I'm sure I forgot one, but yes, KH2 is my all time fav PS2 game just based on fun factor. Nothin like openin' a can in Final Form

edit: forgot to throw in GTA:VC and SA in my now top 9 PS2

sorrow880

Forum Guru
Mar 18, 2007
www.myspace.com
My favorite on ps2 has to be an RPG for sure--it's Sony strongest point!

Anyhow, I'd have to go with Final Fantasy X or XII for sure....none even approach those for me; however, there are definitely many, many great games to choose from.

Jun 15, 2007
I would have to go with Okami. That game really surprised me b/c at first I totally did not see why the game received such high reviews but the longer I played the more hooked I got. It is absolute greatness.

GTR1986

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
there were planty of good games on the ps2 ranging from GTA to PES and other like Tony Hawks 3 and 4, Need for Speed:hot pursuit 2 was also a very good game but i'd have to say the best game was Gran Turismo 4, racing the Nurburgring in its full glory was a wondeful experience not to mention the vast amount of cars available to use and tune

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="sorrow880, post: 0]My favorite on ps2 has to be an RPG for sure--it's Sony strongest point!

Anyhow, I'd have to go with Final Fantasy X or XII for sure....none even approach those for me; however, there are definitely many, many great games to choose from.[/quote]

My favorite rpg on PS2 right now would be Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I'm still playing through Tales of the Abyss though, and it's looking like that game will take the top spot. I guess though that I didn't feel for or the rpgs on PS2 didn't resonate with me like the PS1 rpgs did, of which Final Fantasy VII was unquestionably my favorite game on that console.

MrG

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2007
Hmmm... Now that I think about it I've never really been blown away by a PS2 game. PC games, yeah of course! But PS2... Hmmm... Well SSX Tricky kept me going for a while, it's by no means the best but it was fun. The best storyline I've played is either Max Payne (1 & 2) or Second Sight. The best gameplay I've seen is probably Hitman: Blood Money.

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Final Fantasy X, Gran Turismo 3, Timesplitters 2, Twisted Metal: Black are in my top 10, but my top 2 are Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

Oct 3, 2006
Ack! I dont know, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 4, or Freedom Fighters.. That game got soo little attention, it is amazing though!

Tenjotenge

Apprentice
May 3, 2007
It would be too hard to pick one. I'd call it a tie between Okami, Persona 3, Final Fantasy XII, Odin Sphere, and Devil May Cry. For the most part, these games forged their own styles and bent genre-expectations, all while showing the PS2 can have awe-inspiring visuals.

If I had played any MGS beyond the first, or Ico or Shadow of the Collosus, I would imagine that I could add them to the list...

kryton101

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2006
Well FFX rates very highly. Then theres Resi 4 (although I played that on the cube first.)
The Ace Combat series deserves a good mention. Although it's become a little stale and reliant on big boss tricks recently it's still quality.

Shadow of the colossus still rocks and we Love Katamari are highlights of the PS2 era.

One final mention,,,,, REZ, just got it recently and it's a little gem of moments past. lovley.

Aug 9, 2007
[QUOTE="expectnothing, post: 0]I'm gonna have to go with Shadow of The Colossus. Fantastic story (though somehow with absolutely no story telling). Quality graphics and possibly my favorite ending of any game to date.

Yes I'm new. Thought I'd better get posting.[/quote]

Shadow of the Colossus has to be in that list. It is pathbreaking in concept, has very good graphics and a beautiful music score. Equally as good is Okami which is another revolutionary game.
Even though I have played very little of God of War, of the little I have played, I must say that it is a must for every collection. It was one of those games that truly pushed the system to its limits.

Jun 26, 2007
MGS II
What can I say that its still to be said about it?
I love that game, its the best game I've played, besides may be Super Mario 3 (oohh, i was a child)
Its the best purchase i have made, $5 USD in EB
I liked it more than MGS3 a game of my loves too, specially the song.

Ubersnuber

Master Poster
Feb 15, 2006
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, with SSX3 and Kingdom Hearts 2 as close second and third.
[QUOTE="You grazhny bratchny, post: 0]MGS II
What can I say that its still to be said about it?
I love that game, its the best game I've played, besides may be Super Mario 3 (oohh, i was a child)
Its the best purchase i have made, $5 USD in EB
I liked it more than MGS3 a game of my loves too, specially the song.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the song really did it for me too^_^
Haven't played MGS2 though, so I can't say which is better.
[QUOTE="Faggotry, post: 0]Wow, Metal Solid 3 seem's popular.. i only played 1 and 2.
Is it as cool as Hideo Kojima Himself?[/QUOTE]
Allthough difficult, but the game may be even cooler;)

J

jakncoke

For me it was GTA San Andreas but that could change when I start buying games that rated really well that I just didn't care to look at when I start buying the cheapies at EB

Ubersnuber

Master Poster
Feb 15, 2006
[QUOTE="Faggotry, post: 0]Wow, Metal Gear Solid is really Popular..
Now i have to buy it.[/QUOTE]
I strongly advice you do so:)
We had another guy here asking if he should buy it, and he came back strongly impressed. We are many, and hard to beat..so join ussss!<<----said with a evil creepy voice.