Best PS1, PS2 & PSP games?!

Arimax

Dedicated Member
May 31, 2006
Georgia
Man its too big of a library to tell The Best Game on Ps2.

For RPG's it's too many to count.
For Racing same.
For all the other genre's it's the same.

Games that stood out though from everyone else

GTA3 and SA
Gran Turismo 3
God of War I and II
okami
Medal of Honor Frontline
Jak and Daxter series
Ratchet and Clank Series
FFX and XII
Kingdom Hearts I
Sly Cooper series

Man this is what I mean too many games. This is out like over 3000 games.

Taion

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2008
Hmmm it's quite hard to decide really. I'm mainly an RPG fan myself so i'm torn between FFX and Okami. But then again Shadow of the Colossus (which I finished very recently) was absolutely amazing. So i guess I'll go with SOC for now, I've yet to finish FF12 so I think things might change when I do :)

A

Auragin

I'd say RE4, but I only played the GC version.

Me being a die-hard FF fan, I'd say FFX was one of my tops, fo' sho'. Also, I loved MGS2, Kingdom Hearts I (II was good as well) and FFXII was alright.

Wuzixi

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2005
Dot hack series.
SMT:DDS AND the 2nd as well.
Dynasty Warriors 4 empire.
Growlanser is also great.
Genji Dawn of Samurai
Tales of the Abyss !!

Dec 22, 2007
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]Maybe I just didn't understand FFX the first time I played it.
Got upto the bit where you fight a flying ceature on that ship
[/quote]

wasnt that near 1/2 or some where 30-40 hours of the game, where you need to fight range then close combat then range again and so on :twisted:.

Sep 1, 2006
theres also the first one with sin when your traveling from besaid to i think kilika? and you have to use wakka and other long range, and he gets harpooned etc, it's pretty early on.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="BakaMaster, post: 0]wasnt that near 1/2 or some where 30-40 hours of the game, where you need to fight range then close combat then range again and so on :twisted:.[/quote]

Yes, I was pretty far in, I just kinda got annoyed with the sphere grid...

outlander2346

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]Yes, I was pretty far in, I just kinda got annoyed with the sphere grid...[/quote]

Sphere grid was awesome.You just had to understand it very early and know what magic and skills you want. If you didnt then you go into the wrong way and later in the game you its difficult to turn back to earn better magics and skills.

And you say you stopped on that ship where you fight that flying creature. I cant believe this. My brother stopped there too and I continued to the end. He was around 30 hours in and I played to exactly 100 hours and it was finished. It was awesome game and I liked the turned based fighting just little annoyed by those random encounters but later you get the ability to avoid them so that was a releif.

I think you should play it again. It gets much better as you progress more into it.

Jan 2, 2008
Silent Hill 3. it's the adventure of a lifetime. that games story, soundtrack and incredible motion capture is beyond words. in SH3 you will put yourself in the shoes of a 17 year old girl who finds herself in a nightmare she can't wake up from. through this games amazing storyline you will feel sorrow, hatred, and above all else, fear. as you never know what's real and what's not. and when you've made it through the hell of Silent Hill, you will feel your heart beating fast. you will put down the controller. lay down. and just say, oh my god...

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
On PSOne, it's a toss up between Metal Gear Solid and Crash Team Racing. Both for very different reasons.

On PS2, it's probably Shadow of the Colossus.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
PS1: FF and MGS
PS2: GTA and KH

On PS1, FF for the stories and MGS for amazing gameplay, didn't really like the GTA games that much, Driver was much better IMO.
On PS2, didn't like FF games as much, was much more into KH for its great gameplay, GTA was way better than Driver on PS2.

Mo-green28

Superior Member
Jul 24, 2007
Rochester,New York
PS1=Metal Gear Solid, it had great gameplay,story,characters, and great longevity (atleast the first 3 times)

PS2= Tie between Metal Gear Solid 2, same as MGS1 but greatly improved(for the most part)

The Warriors, Same as the MGS series but with sense of free roam,and a very good take of the streets of an era.

FREEDOM FIGHTERS, same as the warriors, but with tactical gameplay,good A.I for both cpu allied and enemy troops, very versatile in settings, very easy command system.

Last edited:

Avrum

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2006
On PS1... Probably Tekken 3. I poured an unhealthy amount of time into that game back then and I'm not even that big of a fighting game fan. If it weren't for Smash Bros. and GoldenEye on the N64 that probably would have been one of my most played games that gen.

On PS2... Kingdom Hearts. Mostly because when I first heard about the idea I thought it was stupid trying to marry Disney with a Final Fantasy-ish theme. After a lot of pushing from a friend I finally tried it out and became a huge fan and cursed myself for having doubted the potential. Great game, probably the best in the series considering how convoluted (if not ridiculous) the series has gotten story wise, though I still enjoy them.

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
PS1 I too loved crash team racing.

PS2 is FFX hands down. I played that game several times over. I played it again last year, end to end, and dominated Omega Weapon with all the super weapons.

Mar 10, 2011
Ps1 is final fantasy 7 for me, I loved it! Gameplay, characters, storyline everything was perfect.

Ps2 is a little more difficult, I loved kingdom hearts and final fantasy 10, they were both amazing and then there was shadow of the collosus which was awesome as well as mgs2 so it would have to be any out of them, but then there was also summoner and star ocean so I really don't know :( lol

Mar 17, 2006
PS1: Probably Chrono Cross, I love the music and the presentation overall.

PS2: This is tough, so many good games. I had a hard time deciding between Timesplitters 2, the original R&C and Medal of Honor Frontline, but I think I liked the original R&C the most. I don't think its the best PS2 game ever, that would be Vice City, but its the one I remember the most.

Ryuuchi10

Superior Member
Aug 1, 2008
www.myspace.com
PS1: Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal 3, Ape Escape, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, GTAII, GTA II London, and Final Fantasy VIII.

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Final Fantasy X.

These are the some of the titles I remembered the most cause I played the heck out of'em.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Playstation

• Wipeout 2097
  • Resident Evil
  • Tomb Raider
  • Parasite Eve 2
  • Final Fantasy 7
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Twisted Metal
  • Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Playstation 2

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
  • Zone of Enders 2
  • Okami
  • Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
  • Predator: Concrete Jungle
  • Final Fantasy X
There are others but these come to mind straight away.

Edit: Bolded titles are my favs :D

Last edited: