BF3 "**** Yeah!" Trailer!!

1261shaun

Superior Member
Feb 23, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5575204]Cant wait, no idea if it was console version or not.. but I want it. Took advantage of the futureshop deal they had from 7-9.. got it for $40 :][/QUOTE]

dice have not shown any console footage yet, its all been pc, bad company 2 is my all time fave online shooter, so this is a must have for me in october, that and skyrim.

Evoking1230

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
looks great, cant wait to get my hands on this.

Actually, come to think of it, I need to go buy BF:BC2, I have yet to play it!!!!

Apr 18, 2011
Gothenburg
I do not know if it is the exact same team who did Bad company 2. But i am not picking up another god damn battlefield game ever again. Not after what they pulled on us who bought battlefield bad company 2 limited edition.

We who got the limited edition were promised free mappacks. All we got was a map who existed on rush mode converted over to assault mode, etc, etc. I believe we got ONE new map and that was it.

After that, they announced battlefield 3. So what i want to say to the people of EA & DICE is "**** you"

Last edited:

XSpike

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2005
do not know[/COLOR] if it is the exact same team who did Bad company 2. But i am not picking up another god damn battlefield game ever again. Not after what they pulled on us who bought battlefield bad company 2 limited edition.

We who got the limited edition were promised free mappacks. All we got was a map who existed on rush mode converted over to assault mode, etc, etc. I believe we got ONE new map and that was it.

After that, they announced battlefield 3. So what i want to say to the people of EA & DICE is "**** you"
N what are you going to do for your FPS fix? Play some CoD with a mappack that cost $20+ (NZD) for your extra maps. Also you got promised bonus DLC, not brand new unexisting maps. Overall you should of been happy with BC2, it came out with a good selection of online maps and then with the VIP code the map count doubled for free for every game mode.

Then a real expansion pack came out (vietnam) with 4 new maps, new weapons, new sounds, new vehicles, new models/textures for bout the same price as a CoD mappack (4maps+1 zombie) thats all.

So my point is, how did DICE rip you off? Sounds like you would of been more happy if they didn't add any VIP code and just made you pay for these sliightly changed maps.

Apr 18, 2011
Gothenburg
[QUOTE="XSpike, post: 5575675]N what are you going to do for your FPS fix? Play some CoD with a mappack that cost $20+ (NZD) for your extra maps. Also you got promised bonus DLC, not brand new unexisting maps. Overall you should of been happy with BC2, it came out with a good selection of online maps and then with the VIP code the map count doubled for free for every game mode.

Then a real expansion pack came out (vietnam) with 4 new maps, new weapons, new sounds, new vehicles, new models/textures for bout the same price as a CoD mappack (4maps+1 zombie) thats all.

So my point is, how did DICE rip you off? Sounds like you would of been more happy if they didn't add any VIP code and just made you pay for these sliightly changed maps.[/QUOTE]

I firstly want to say that i am quite amused that you right ahead jump to the conclusion that i am a "COD fanboy", and i just want to clarify this by saying "No."

I also want to point out that you're being extremely silly comparing CoD with BF, since i do not think that it's not a valid comparison.

And i do think DICE ripped me off, yes. The vip code thing was a nice change, but we didn't get an official mappack until vietnam came (true) and i bought vietnam and enjoyed it, and right after that they announced battlefield 3. Which is the same thing Activision did with CoD. Release one mappack, right after that announce the next part in the series, and it gets really tiring that they constantly do so to it's consumers.

I also want to point out that i was very happy with BF BC 2's map selection, the maps were really funny and they always made the multiplayer experience quite epic. Of course they got tiring after a while, (reason i bought vietnam) and right after i bought vietnam they announced BC3, so yes. I do feel cheated.

krazey2k

Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
I'd agree on the VIP System.
It was horrid, the things released should have been in Day One tbh.
As most of it was existing maps rehashed/unlocked for other modes.
Apart from the last Maps and the Vietnam Expansion.

neoxthexone

Master Poster
Feb 18, 2009
England
www.movieviral.com
[QUOTE="Ovenmit, post: 5575683]I firstly want to say that i am quite amused that you right ahead jump to the conclusion that i am a "COD fanboy", and i just want to clarify this by saying "No."

I also want to point out that you're being extremely silly comparing CoD with BF, since i do not think that it's not a valid comparison.

And i do think DICE ripped me off, yes.[/QUOTE]
Well he didn't actually call you a "COD fanboy" he just said
what are you going to do for your FPS fix? Play some CoD with a mappack that cost $20+
But it isn't a silly comparison to be comparing COD and BF they both shooters they're both in the same era, heck EA has been saying their goal is to take away the crown from COD.
(in sales, IMO It took the crown in quality back in badcompany 1)

The VIP code was free if you bought the game new, so I didn't feel cheated at all because it never affected the retail price it was still about £37, unlike COD where its £45 for no reason.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2011
Gothenburg
[QUOTE="neoxthexone, post: 5575689]Well he didn't actually call you a "COD fanboy" he just said

But it isn't a silly comparison to be comparing COD and BF they both shooters they're both in the same era, heck EA has been saying their goal is to take away the crown from COD.
(in sales, IMO It took the crown in quality back in badcompany 1)

The VIP code was free if you bought the game new, so I didn't feel cheated at all because it never affected the retail price it was still about £37, unlike COD where its £45 for no reason.[/QUOTE]
I do find it silly to compare battlefield with call of duty for the simple reason that the multiplayer is totally different.Why don't we compare COD with counterstrike while we're at it?

And i think he called me out as a cod fanboy since he right ahead started a counter-argument while using COD in the picture (which i didn't mention at all in my post. I would've understood his argument if i said "i will just stick with the COD series."

And it's of course a matter of opinion weather to feel cheated or not of course. Since the retail price didn't differ, but what i can say is that i expected more from DICE.

Also, this:
[QUOTE="krazey2k, post: 5575688]I'd agree on the VIP System.
It was horrid, the things released should have been in Day One tbh.[/QUOTE]

PS: Maybe the counterstrike comparison was silly, but then we can compare it with Killzone 3, homefront, MAG & many more.

Last edited:

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
We will most likely get 3 or 4 maps with battlefield 3, how many maps was launched with bad company 2? and dont count a differnt area of a map as a new map, what is battlefield 3 bringing new from bad company 2? It will just be a camp fest like bad company 2, god is was so easy to snipe its not funny, anyone could snipe with no skill at all. Im still buying it but people hate on COD when battlefield is just the same.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5575708]We will most likely get 3 or 4 maps with battlefield 3, how many maps was launched with bad company 2? and dont count a differnt area of a map as a new map, what is battlefield 3 bringing new from bad company 2? It will just be a camp fest like bad company 2, god is was so easy to snipe its not funny, anyone could snipe with no skill at all. Im still buying it but people hate on COD when battlefield is just the same.[/QUOTE]

It's cool to hate what's popular even though things only get popular because they're good in the first place.

BBK Is Tapatalking

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5575708] It will just be a camp fest like bad company 2, god is was so easy to snipe its not funny, anyone could snipe with no skill at all..[/QUOTE]

You just summed up CoD, BF is anything but what you described.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 5575726]You just summed up CoD, BF is anything but what you described.[/QUOTE]

No I summed up Battlefield, are you telling me it took skill to snipe in bad company? if so you are wrong, are you telling me it wasn't a campers paradise in bad company 2? if so you are wrong. One more question for you, do you think bad company 2 is a run and gunner game?

XSpike_SpiegelC

Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5575885]No I summed up Battlefield, are you telling me it took skill to snipe in bad company? if so you are wrong, are you telling me it wasn't a campers paradise in bad company 2? if so you are wrong. One more question for you, do you think bad company 2 is a run and gunner game?[/QUOTE]

Well, it definitely takes a lot more skill on BF then it does with most other shooters to snipe. You actually have bullet travel time, along with the bullet drop, which makes it more challenging then MAG or COD. And in my opinion, it is one of the hardest games to camp in because you can just call in a mortar strike on their position, or take out the building entirely. Of course there are some places where camping is used heavily, but that is to be expected in any shooter. I don't know what smiggy thinks, but i think there are times that running and gunning is appropriate for the game, like rushing the enemy on the first objective of "rush". This way you can catch them off guard. Yet, i think if you try and do this in all instances you will fail horribly, because not every class is suited for this type of game play. You could run into a tank with a medic and have no attack against it and just get blown up.

(all of my BF opinions come from playing hardcore mode)

[QUOTE="TekkenLord, post: 5575950]that was funny, can't remember what movie that song came from. It should be BF 3 HELL F**K YEAH.[/QUOTE]

I do believe it was "Team America: World Police"

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5575885]No I summed up Battlefield, are you telling me it took skill to snipe in bad company?[/quote]More than CoD did.
are you telling me it wasn't a campers paradise in bad company 2?
It wasn't.
do you think bad company 2 is a run and gunner game?
It can be played a number of ways, it doesn't fall into a single generalisation.