Biomutant - PS4 Pro Review

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Biomutant - PS4 Pro Review

Game is being played on a PS4 Pro with a Crucial 1TB SSD installed.

This review is a work in progress...will update when I have time.

As of right now, I've only gotten through the character creation process and through the introductory story section. I ended my initial play session just as I was getting to the open world. I really enjoy the visuals from the character models to the comic-book style "pow!" / "bam!" wording that pops up when in combat. The combat feels a bit clunkish though. Not sure if it's because of the starting weapons or because I'm not familiar with the control scheme yet. Reloading your guns doesn't feel seamless and I often forget to reload and just continue firing blanks. It can be somewhat difficult to target enemies as well. Again, not sure yet if it's due to my lack of experience or how the camera works when aiming / attempting to use melee attacks.

The use of a narrator to tell the story and translate dialogue with NPCs is different. Not sure if I like it yet. It's not bad, just not really used to it. I've only put an hour or so into the game, but will follow up with more thoughts regarding missions, open world traversal, crafting & inventory systems, etc later on. I'll also work on updating some screenshots from my play sessions. Stay tuned!

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I'm looking forward to read your opinion on this game. I don't think it's quite as bad as most (big) reviewers make it out to be. I'm a little bit interested in this game, but it feels like it's not a $60/$70 game for me personally.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I'm looking forward to read your opinion on this game. I don't think it's quite as bad as most (big) reviewers make it out to be. I'm a little bit interested in this game, but it feels like it's not a $60/$70 game for me personally.
Yeah, I'd definitely wait for it to go on sale. Under $35. It has a lot of cool ideas, it's just the execution wasn't the best. Hopefully with a few updates, it'll get a bit better.