Bioshock queries

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
So i played the demo today and i saw for myself the low res textures (especially on the big daddys and the magnum) and the lack of AA that people were complaining about

id just like to know if these problems were truely fixed up by that patch, and if so is the final version much better looking than the demo anyway because there were parts that did look great but others that seriously needed some work

oh and btw in my response to the killzone vs cs thread, cs is more realistic simply because the shooting mechanics are the closest that come close to firing a real gun, unlike other console games like cod4 where u can just run and gun, cs really requires high performance gaming movements that games on a console wont be able to replicate because of the lack of precision...oh for all those people saying it was an outdated game need to take a look at its physics, still to this day i havnt seen a game that comes close in terms of believability when it comes to killing someone, shoot someone in the head they drop like a rag doll, none of this ecentuated crap that even killzone 2 has a lot of

BTW i still cannot wait for killzone 2 but its just stupid comparing the 2, if you want a game to test peoples FPS ability and one that boasts the most competition, cs wins hands down

IDgilly

Forum Elder
Nov 17, 2008
your opinion, and most would disagree on PS3FORUMS. and i had no problem with the game. it looked fantastic. it dies have some low res textures but on the whole it looks fantastic, if your going to let a few textures keep you away from one of the best story driven games of this gen than you shold just go play css

K

karbineftw

I played the demo of bioshock and the game on xbox and ps3. Mostly just watched though, the graphics are alright. Outdated but quite nice I guess

I agree though about cs, the top most game that does require actuall skill. when you talk about the pysics I''m guessing you mean css not cs.
I played both, racked up days on both.
Loved both of them for their true to life style, you shoot them they die. You cannot just run in and kill people (unles you have aimbot) like cod. A headshot is infact, a headshot etc.

As for your bioshock query, the game is identicle to the demo. The first part of the demo is the best, the water and fire. Nice graphics but it kinda slips throughout.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
well im not going to let it keep me from buying the game, but keep in mind i live in australia and 100 dollers for a 2 year old game...it better be something good, so i was just asking if the gfx were fixed in that patch, because there were some horrendously bad looking textures even though i found the game nice to look at for the most part

and yeah i was talking about css, but both games go for realism and when it comes to skill based games, takes the cake any day.... the thing i find offputting about games like cod is because people play them like they are playing cs (much slower paced game)...so therefore i can go around just running, just sprinting to find kills, and ill win almost every time because people just dont play the game the way it is meant to be played

well see what kz2 has to offer soonish though

K

karbineftw

The reason its played like that is because the target audience its aimed at. Example: Everyone...
Css was dedicated to players with a good idea of gaming and pro gaming. Not people who go out with thier daddys to pick up the game for an xmas present.

It just had people on it who played amazing (css). It was hard to get kills. You weren't always the best player. Cod has people who don't played too good, compared to games such as cs and css. Team fortress on the pc was also great to play people who are good. Different classes gave you certain advantages, for example some people could own with the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
yeah that is a good point about target audience, however i would like to think that killzone 2 will be a game for the hardcore, and considering its not really targeted at younger players this is what im hoping for

K

karbineftw

I agree, it seems to. But the gameplay again, online looks a little blah. Like cod4 sort of. It good, but could be better.

Nov 9, 2007
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]So i played the demo today and i saw for myself the low res textures (especially on the big daddys and the magnum) and the lack of AA that people were complaining about

id just like to know if these problems were truely fixed up by that patch, and if so is the final version much better looking than the demo anyway because there were parts that did look great but others that seriously needed some work

oh and btw in my response to the killzone vs cs thread, cs is more realistic simply because the shooting mechanics are the closest that come close to firing a real gun, unlike other console games like cod4 where u can just run and gun, cs really requires high performance gaming movements that games on a console wont be able to replicate because of the lack of precision...oh for all those people saying it was an outdated game need to take a look at its physics, still to this day i havnt seen a game that comes close in terms of believability when it comes to killing someone, shoot someone in the head they drop like a rag doll, none of this ecentuated crap that even killzone 2 has a lot of

BTW i still cannot wait for killzone 2 but its just stupid comparing the 2, if you want a game to test peoples FPS ability and one that boasts the most competition, cs wins hands down[/quote]

In a word, YES. The patch absolutely made a huge difference. Trust me, it looks way better now,and you should definitely buy it, it's one of he best games of this generation.

May 2, 2008
This is one of the best fps games available at the mo imo. Totally immersive, quite scary if you like shocks and just brilliantly executed. I haven't noticed any low res textures I think the graphics are beautiful. It seriously needs to be a part of your collection.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
BioShock is, without a doubt, one of the best looking games on PS3. What you have to remember is that a demo is, in no way, a representation of the final product. Infact, I'm pretty sure all demos make this clear on the loading screen. I can assure you that Bioshock has some of the highest-resolution models I've [personally] seen and there is plenty of AA in the final game.

IDgilly

Forum Elder
Nov 17, 2008
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]well im not going to let it keep me from buying the game, but keep in mind i live in australia and 100 dollers for a 2 year old game...it better be something good, so i was just asking if the gfx were fixed in that patch, because there were some horrendously bad looking textures even though i found the game nice to look at for the most part

and yeah i was talking about css, but both games go for realism and when it comes to skill based games, takes the cake any day.... the thing i find offputting about games like cod is because people play them like they are playing cs (much slower paced game)...so therefore i can go around just running, just sprinting to find kills, and ill win almost every time because people just dont play the game the way it is meant to be played

well see what kz2 has to offer soonish though[/quote]

right, i under stand you. yes its worth it. it has more replay value than most games. and with the dlc that adds rooms and the ability to save your characters progress and then start with it. definat purcase.....

Don G.

Elite Member
Oct 31, 2005
I really don't understand what people were complaining about with this game. I'm not just saying that. I think the game looks fantastic. It just has a different look from everything else coming out....and that's not meant to be construed in a bad way.

On another note, this game is unbelievable. It easily has become one of my favorite all time games. There's just so much to do and the story is phenomenal. I'm so glad this came to the ps3.

whippet_1

Superior Member
Sep 13, 2007
I notice quite a few differences from the demo. First, it defaults to 1080p, which is nice. Second, you don't have those ugly whiteborders when radio playback messages are played, like in the demo. Overall, I haven't come across any problems visually. Now, the thing i did notice is that some gameplay glitches have been brought over from the previous versions (lil sis glitch, etc)

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
hahah cs is counter strike, but i was mostly reffering to counter strike source when talking about physics but i still think both games are very realistic

and the reason im worried is because, at least with cs or css the graphics are crisp, and my computer with a geforce 4!!!! for crying out loud can run the source engine better than my ps3 can with AA and AF...that is just sad really its appauling i dont know how they screwed up the orange box so much

also in css i dont play for atmosphere, i play to win, that is why i think the game is amazing it deosnt matter how long i play it for, if im winning im having fun...that is what a truely competetive game can achieve

im definately gonna get it now, i was only asking because the demo seemed unpolished but im very glad to hear it is improved in the final version

EDIT: oh yeah thanks guys , cant wait to gee this baby up

Jan 13, 2007
I'm in the middle of Bioshock right now and trust me this game is worth it. You wont be looking at textures on Big Daddies anyway when they are kicking your ***. The graphics are good, the story, art direction, and sound are awesome. Buy it on EBAY on teh cheap.

Mr.Blah

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2007
Really they could have done the last half of the game with 10 year old gfx and you would still finish it and be happy. This game needs a sequel.

K

karbineftw

It is good (css) like but these days you have to find the balance between realism and gameplay