BioShock’s visuals better on PS3 afterall?

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
We mentioned earlier that the BioShock visuals on the Playstation 3 are to be on par of those seen on the Xbox 360. Not anymore. Dave Wales, a contributer over at PSU has had some hands on with BioShock at E3.
Wales said:
“One of the very first things you’ll notice within BioShock [PS3] is that all anti-aliasing issues are now gone. There were absolutely no edging issues or jaggedness to any portions of what was displayed on screen,”
“I almost felt like I was staring at a redesigned title.”
So its not all bad news for PS3 owners as we won’t have annoying AA problems.

http://talkplaystation.com/bioshocks-visuals-better-on-ps3-afterall/

I swear this industry doenst know where to stand no more, we keep getting confirmations and unconfirmations one after another, exclusives that are no longer exclusives and whatnot...get a grip!

Jul 24, 2007
The game looks good enough as it is.

And nobody can really say this is down to the PS3 having more power, its just that the devs have learned from their experience of developing the game for the 360 so can improve on it this time round.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
ROFL The article lost all credibility saying the 360 version had AA issues. There was no AA issues that I saw. I'll wait for an unbiased source especially when all the other sites are saying they look the same.

C

coolg35748

Really? According to Xbots this could not even run on the PS3.

I knew better though. I can't wait to see what it looks like when the final product is ready!

X

xVagrantWadex

What anti-aliasing issue is he referring to? Was there some Wii version of this game I was unaware of?

And anyone who going to be pissy if the graphics aren't better than the 360 version, please don't buy this game. You do not deserve it's greatness.

Seraphus Y

Forum Elder
Oct 18, 2006
To be honest, even if it doesn't look better compared to it's Xbox360 counterpart, or perhaps even less, I'd still be happy to pick this title up.
It's a great game and I absolutely love the art-direction.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
As long as it was comparable, that's all I would care about as a PS3 owner. The real visuals that stand out in this game are created from the art direction more than anything. The character models in this game are pretty low poly count.

C

coolg35748

[QUOTE="American Ninja, post: 0]Ps3 Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Ha ha, way to meet the twenty five character count with ! :-D

Feb 25, 2007
I would have been really disappointed and ashamed if the devs could not make this game look better after already having developed it on the 360 first, and having a year + of time to fix issues like AA and jaggies.

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
[QUOTE="jamieson87, post: 0]The game looks good enough as it is.

And nobody can really say this is down to the PS3 having more power, its just that the devs have learned from their experience of developing the game for the 360 so can improve on it this time round.[/quote]

do you hear yourself?
with as much time and knowledge as they have with working on pc games, (the 360 is after all a pc in a box.) you'd think they made the Xbox360 version as good as it could possibly be..stop pouting.

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
Who cares anyway. I'm sure most people who will buy this won't have played the 360 or PC version so i doubt they'd care what it looks like compared to the PS3 version.

May 21, 2008
As if this should come as any surprise. All Ps3 games have better visuals than 360. Just pop in GTA IV on Ps3 you'll feel like you're really in New York City, then pop it in on 360 you'll feel like you're playing GTA III again

Jul 24, 2007
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]do you hear yourself?
with as much time and knowledge as they have with working on pc games, (the 360 is after all a pc in a box.) you'd think they made the Xbox360 version as good as it could possibly be..stop pouting.[/quote]

EXCLUSIVE= makes use of the internal hardrive/cell processor/vast blu-ray space..
multi platform= 75-85% of the disk unused, and the ps3 pretty much working as an emulator for short dvd quality xbox360 games
:rolleyes:

Ok then, I was going to post an intelligent reply but then I read your sig.

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
[QUOTE="jamieson87, post: 0]:rolleyes:

Ok then, I was going to post an intelligent reply but then I read your sig.[/quote]

yep, i keep it there to remind me how much of a fanboy i can be (flaws and all) if me at my worst intimidates you, its better that you don't reply.

Mar 8, 2008
[QUOTE="Playstation_3, post: 0]Whats all the fuss about its a old game! and yes it does look smart even better in DX10 on PC which i played a very long time ago. whats the big deal with it coming to PS3?[/quote]

Free DLC? And the article says it doesn't have AA issues.:eek:

G

Gotmilk

[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]yep, i keep it there to remind me how much of a fanboy i can be (flaws and all) if me at my worst intimidates you, its better that you don't reply.[/quote]

it wont let me rep you, liverpool suck MAN U FTW

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
www.divineknightsclan.com
[QUOTE="whippet_1, post: 0]this thread is not full of fanboys :rolleyes:[/quote]

What faNBOYS HAHA its like a baby when he doesnt want a toy anymore throws it away then when someone else picks it up he wants it back

take that little thing change change it up a bit and you have this thread

R

Rapture

Well considering it's coming out a year later, I could only hope it would look the same or better.

And what AA issues is he talking about?

nskinnear

Elite Sage
Oct 12, 2007
The game already looks great, but I hope they do improve the graphics. They could at least make it look a little bit better on the PS3.