Black Ops is better than MW2...

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
I am so surprised that I am seeing otherwise!

I think zombies and the single player are much better, but I am going to ignore that, since I know everyone just cares about MP...

Come on! This is leaps and bounds above MW2!

1. The maps are more cleverly made (like I said in my rant 2 months ago, they are simpler) they are not as good as COD4 maps, but that might be just because I am not used to them yet, and I have yet to see a good long range map...

2. Gun game and CTF are both brilliant old school game modes that work perfectly with the COD gameplay, something I thought must be impossible due to the lack of introducing them in the earlier MW games...

3. More balanced EVERYTHING, kill streaks, perks, unlocks, all are much better done... and barebones and classic modes are awesome...

I could go on and on...

Sure there are glitches, but EVERY GAME has them on day one now a days, so they will be fixed...

The game is not perfect, but coming from a major hater on the series, I can once again say that I love COD... I thought MW2 was horrible, and it turned me off COD for a whole year, and I loved COD1-5... But treyarch has done a great job with this game, and I am very glad I bought it...

Dec 3, 2006
[QUOTE="Spider, post: 5274530]I am so surprised that I am seeing otherwise!

I think zombies and the single player are much better, but I am going to ignore that, since I know everyone just cares about MP...

Come on! This is leaps and bounds above MW2!

1. The maps are more cleverly made (like I said in my rant 2 months ago, they are simpler) they are not as good as COD4 maps, but that might be just because I am not used to them yet, and I have yet to see a good long range map...

2. Gun game and CTF are both brilliant old school game modes that work perfectly with the COD gameplay, something I thought must be impossible due to the lack of introducing them in the earlier MW games...

3. More balanced EVERYTHING, kill streaks, perks, unlocks, all are much better done... and barebones and classic modes are awesome...

I could go on and on...

Sure there are glitches, but EVERY GAME has them on day one now a days, so they will be fixed...

The game is not perfect, but coming from a major hater on the series, I can once again say that I love COD... I thought MW2 was horrible, and it turned me off COD for a whole year, and I loved COD1-5... But treyarch has done a great job with this game, and I am very glad I bought it...[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all points, good point sir. However, I am a bit disappointed with how many glitches there are. I mean, the game had a two year development cycle, and Treyarch obviously knew that online mode is going to be where the majority of players spend their time, but yet they decided to not test it better and make it perfect. Whatever, almost all the glitches can be fixed with patches, so no worries.

By the way, what's your PSN, I'll add you, we can play zome zombies zometime

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
From what I've played I certainly believe it's a more focused MP effort. The SP is much better narratively. MW2 was a ****ing joke story wise. Absolute garbage. It's missions were fun, I'm talking just the story.

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I do agree that it is better than MW2 but like you said it has its share of problems. They really need to fix hit detection, and have to fix the spawning. Dont even get me started on connection problems. Over all a good game, and a nice refresh after the mayhem that MW2 caused.

Dec 3, 2006
[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 5274537]I do agree that it is better than MW2 but like you said it has its share of problems. They really need to fix hit detection, and have to fix the spawning. Dont even get me started on connection problems. Over all a good game, and a nice refresh after the mayhem that MW2 caused.[/QUOTE]

And don't forget, hit detection was a major issue for awhile after the original MW came out, but IW fixed that up, so I'm sure Treyarch will do the same if they need to. I haven't had much of a problem with it though.

But spawning, YES! Oh man, I can't tell you how many times someone will just spawn behind me and kill me.

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 5274537]I do agree that it is better than MW2 but like you said it has its share of problems. They really need to fix hit detection, and have to fix the spawning. Dont even get me started on connection problems. Over all a good game, and a nice refresh after the mayhem that MW2 caused.[/QUOTE]

the spawning problem was expected tho, because WaW's spawning was horrible.

but the hit detection and connection problems should have been cleared up with a beta...

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 5274548]Spider I haven't even seen you on Black Ops...[/QUOTE]
Well you should look better :)

LaOMaN

Elite Guru
Mar 15, 2006
this game is ****ing trash. you get killed taking 2-3 steps out of spawn. enemy will spawn right behind you.

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5274599]lol yeah the spawning is pretty f'ed up and predictable lol....went 51 or 50 and 3 k/d on hardcore tdm just going back n forth predicting spawn points and raking up kills

spider recently started playing lol[/QUOTE]
I got 6 hours in, so I know that they can be annoying... but it is still way better than MW2

[QUOTE="GhostFox61, post: 5274578]Isn't that setting the bar really low?[/QUOTE]
Haha, very true

[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 5274580]OMG just noticed that Spider made this thread. :O Havent seen you in a long time.[/QUOTE]
Haha, long time no see mate :)

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 5274617]I like both, but Black Ops wins because of Zombies and Wager Match.[/QUOTE]
play some wager with me!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2008
Eh, if I had to choose it'd probably be MW2.

The Cold War/Vietnam is a more interesting set-up and I like the overall campaign better, but Modern Warfare 2 had spec-op missions to do with friends so... yeah, prefer that.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I just played MW2 for a bit and it's definitely the higher quality game (visually, sound-wise, and polish-wise). However, Black Ops has the better story and the better balanced online. Zombies and Spec Ops is kind of a wash for me.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I'll put Black Ops above Modern Warfare 2 on all fronts as well and i loved MW2. I'm just having a blast with Black Ops. The story is the best in the series without a doubt.

Wager match is a lot of fun.

Sep 7, 2007
Hey guys, new to Black Ops. Enjoying it so far, think zombies is ace.

If anyone fancies a game or just someone to party up with every now and then add me

PSN: yourmumsface17 :D

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
[QUOTE="Spider, post: 5274600]I got 6 hours in, so I know that they can be annoying... but it is still way better than MW2

Haha, very true

Haha, long time no see mate :)[/QUOTE]

How you been man? Do I have you on PSN? Add me King_Mathers.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I play MP (hardcore TDM and hardcore Search and Destroy) most of the time so I'll speak my mind on it.

Overall I prefer MW2. To me it just plays better. What I mean is it is smoother, looks better, sounds better, and is just very polished. There are things I like better about Black Ops, like the guns being more balanced and whatnot. But some things just **** me off. Spawning is ridiculously bad. Hit detection is bad. Everywhere I go there are people camping in windows picking me off. I'm not crazy about the maps so far. I have a ton of time in on mw2 MP and I'm a level 35 now on BO and so far it's just OK. I would mention the bullet damage but since unlocking hardcore I just use that. The bullet damage isn't terrible at times, but at other times its just so inconsistent.

There are a few other things that irritate me that I can think of right now.
-claymores don't seem to have any delay. Great if you're using them. But, they're almost unfair now. They worked very well in MW1 and 2 with the slight delay but now they just seem to instantly kill.
-In Search and Destroy you can't seem to hear the bomb being defused. In previous titles there was a distinct sound when the bomb was picked up and was crucial to defending. Now it's silentso if you're not physically standing at the bomb it can be defused behind your back.
-The sound in general is bad. Bad use of surround is a big one. Footsteps and gunshots are hard to locate. Guns and explosions sound like a cheap cartoon. Single player was better, but MP is just bad.
-Sniping is terrible. I've only tried a little but the quickscope patch hurts. I never did the really fast quickscope, but I usually snipe with my gun at the hip and scope in and shoot quickly. I can't seem to gets hits on the first shot pretty much ever. To me, the patch is much worse than any quickscopers every were.
-Chopper killstreaks are brutal. I liked how before if you had cold blooded you were safe. Now even with ghost the choppers kill you. Last night I was in a game when a guy got like 15 kills with a regular attack chopper. Way too powerful.

I wouldn't say that Black Ops is bad, but I just prefer MW2 at this point. I only rented Black Ops but will probably buy it after Christmas. Most of my friends have it now so it makes me want to keep at it. Zombies is pretty fun. Tough, but fun.

GhostFox61

Elite Member
Jan 26, 2007
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5275203]Everywhere I go there are people camping in windows picking me off. [/QUOTE]

Isn't that just using sound strategic positioning?

Shouldn't you be questioning yourself for running around in the open?

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="scottscorpion, post: 5275283]if enemies spawn behind you all the time ...start turning around[/QUOTE]

Sig worthy.