***BREAKING NEWS*** Remedy says Microsoft doesn't want to make Quantum Break or Alan Wake sequels

Jun 4, 2007
:eek: REALLY? No wayyyy. I was told that Alan Wake performed well along with Quantum Break.
Considering our history... Alan Wake was really interesting but it was a collaboration with Microsoft. Due to certain reasons, it never got a sequel. Quantum Break, also, we put a lot of effort into creating the world, the characters, the stories, but still it was Microsoft IP. They decided not to take it further.
Source

:sneaky: the plot thickens...

-MS owns the QB ip.
-Remedy owns the AW ip.
-MS owns the publishing rights of AW1
-Phil said years ago that Remedy has to want to make Alan Wake 2

Put it all together(read the interview) and it sounds like MS wants to own the AW ip in order to fund the sequel. Who knows?

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That's interesting about parts of the Alan Wake 2 prototype shown to Microsoft making their way to American Nightmare.

As for seeing a proper sequel, I like the original, but I would like to see more of Control (or what some are preemptively calling Quantum Break 2).

Jun 4, 2007

They could have easily fixed issues and went on to create something great. MS gives up on new i.ps too much. Everything isn't going to be a runaway success out the gate.

Last edited: