BREAKING NEWS: World Exclusive PS3 news! (homebrew related)

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Not only is today Thanksgiving Day, but it's also a VERY Happy Turkey Day for PS3 fans around the globe! We have several PS3 breakthroughs to share with THE WORLD tonight so be sure to check back over the next few hours- YOU WILL BE AMAZED, and even the scene's most seasoned veterans may learn a thing or two about the PS3 as well.

********.com is opting to allow this post to spread awhile as we document and summarize our findings, and we will update with all of the juicy DETAILS throughout the night tonight! Feel free to click on any of the icons below to submit this Site News post to the various Web sites, and here is the PERMA LINK for it: http://************

For the Press: We can be reached through our Contact Us e-mail address after the complete article is posted. Stay tuned ALL... we're about to change the world once again, and introduce the PS3 scene! Click to Read More!
I wont give the link to the site, since we dont know if this is legal or not.

NOTE: Apparently this has nothing to do with illegal isos, or illegal materials, so mods please keep this open. If they release illegal information I will edit this thread to be deleated, but give time to time.

I wonder what this is?

BTW, I misspelled (sp? lol) the word "exclusive" in the title

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
So this is the deal:

They already hacked the PS3 and they know how to back up games. Aparently they backed up Madden 07. And guess what they used? Linux!

So yeah, sad day :(

EDIT: It is NOT fake, they posted pictures and everything. I wont post anything

Lets leave this open to discuss this. REMEMBER GUYS, ISO TALK, ISO LINKS, ILLEGAL STUFF IS PROHIBITED IN THIS FORUMS!

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Yes, apparently it is REALLY easy to copy games to an external HDD.

And it is sad because piracy kills the video game industry. Linux is the hacker's best friend

Linkedscorpion

Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2006
if ps3 games are pirated. no one will even touch them, seeing as each one will be 20-25Gigs. i cant download nothing like that.

but backing them up if good but then it leaves the option for selling pirated copies

Nov 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]Yes, apparently it is REALLY easy to copy games to an external HDD.

And it is sad because piracy kills the video game industry. Linux is the hacker's best friend[/quote]

LOL, yes buddy, you're damn right linux is the hackers best friend like I learned in college.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
Wow, hackers are getting incredibly efficient these days, first they crack Wii's format now Ps3 and BR.

I really love reading up on the hacker/piracy scene, I don't use it my self but it's always cool to see what tricks they use to get around the systems in place. I loved it back in the dreamcast/ early Ps2 days seeing how they managed to squeeze down games onto single CD's, they always did something different and unique everytime.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Cheating will be hell in the PS3 network, can you imagine games like UT2K7?

ony will probably release a firmware update, but it will be a matter of time before the hackers break it again.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
if ps3 games are pirated. no one will even touch them, seeing as each one will be 20-25Gigs. i cant download nothing like that.
At first yes this will be an issue but like in previous generations the pirates will figure out how to compress and cut stuff to reduce the sizes down to DVD size (ether 4.5GB or 9GB). The best two I have seen before was getting Gran Turismo 3 onto a single CD and Shenmue on Dreamcast where they got a perfect copy despite losing almost a Gigabyte off the total size overall.

They are sneaky in their ways.

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Japjap, post: 0]There are going to be so many cheaters online.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is the reason why I just give up and go for 360s gold membership. I rather pay for cheatless online gaming than for play for free with punch of cheaters.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Mael Duin, post: 0]Yeah, this is the reason why I just give up and go for 360s gold membership. I rather pay for cheatless online gaming than for play for free with punch of cheaters.[/QUOTE]

What about Halo 2?

People will always try to cheat. I just hope their consoles get ban forever so they would have to buy a new one to play

Piracy Kills

Naboomagnoli

Master Poster
Dec 17, 2005
It may be naive of me (having never pirated console games before) but I'd be surprised if you'll be able to play pirated online games. I'd have thought that some sort of in-built registry system would be a given - if the game's online, then it should be verifiable online..

Nov 6, 2006
There will be prevention for online cheating. I dont think you can run games under the Linux OS so you would have to switch over the XMB. There might be a way around that too jeez -_-;

Edit: A thought occured, doesn't each game have its own unique signon code? What Im saying, does Resistance have the same online code or does it vary?

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Still people can just rent the games and back them up.

Back on the xbox age it was crazy, there were programs to even compress the darn games. I knew some people who would put up to 3 games on one DVD5

Nov 6, 2006
I too am naive to the ways of the hackers....so if you can burn a game to an external drive, then you get games for free/cheap.....how does that allow you to cheat online?

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="cactuspete, post: 0]I too am naive to the ways of the hackers....so if you can burn a game to an external drive, then you get games for free/cheap.....how does that allow you to cheat online?[/QUOTE]

People will create mods for games to cheat. Through Linux they will find ways to mod games so they can fly higher, have unlimited ammo, God cheats, etc. It is very sad to see it and experience it

Right now, there is no way to burn them to a media disc, so these back ups stay in the HDD

Don't just come here saying that some site is revealing EXCLUSIVE! information without specifying the site.
Go back and read the rules dummy

Nov 6, 2006
Back on the PS2, I think some cheating devices allowed cheats to be used online. They took them out afterwards. People might be worried, Linux might breed people who can write script and load it online. There are also certain glitches that allow a sort of online cheating. Patches is another thing people might start seeing, patching up the PS3 game so things are easier online.

Nov 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]People will create mods for games to cheat. Through Linux they will find ways to mod games so they can fly higher, have unlimited ammo, God cheats, etc. It is very sad to see it and experience it

Right now, there is no way to burn them to a media disc, so these back ups stay in the HDD[/quote]

Dont be so sure, I dont think ANY of the current games are on BR so a dual layer might work for now. Sony just released a 899.99 CDN Blu Ray Burner. So you can see, we are moving very forward to burning games but another downside is the cost. BR media isn't cheap like DVD, one blank one costs 25 for 25 GB. That is pretty expensive.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="danman227460, post: 0]Dont be so sure, I dont think ANY of the current games are on BR so a dual layer might work for now. Sony just released a 899.99 CDN Blu Ray Burner. So you can see, we are moving very forward to burning games but another downside is the cost. BR media isn't cheap like DVD, one blank one costs 25 for 25 GB. That is pretty expensive.[/QUOTE]

All PS3 games are on BR, Madden is over 7 gigs and Resistance is said to be around 22 gigs.