Burger Choice...

Sep 13, 2005
Which is your favorite burger? Or do you like homemade burgers more than those from a fast food place or a restaurant?

Since there are so many different ones my vote goes to other. I like the Quarter Pounder at McDonald's.

Vote and then add your thoughts...

May 29, 2005
I don't have a fav. Burger but the whopper I like too. Have you guys seen the world biggest burger served to the public? It's huge and it takes 3-4 hours to eat it all.

KingJebus

Apprentice
May 31, 2005
Dennis Liegey, the owner of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, 120 northeast of Pittsburgh, said the "Beer Barrel Belly Buster" weighs in with 10 pounds of meat molded into a 20-inch patty on a specially baked, 17-inch bun.

The balance of the weight comes from 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, plus copious quantities of mayo, ketchup, relish, mustard, and peppers.

Any two people who can eat it within a three-hour sitting get it for free. For everyone else, it costs $30.
Thats one big burger :shock:

Favorite burger would have to be the homemade ones

May 29, 2005
Yep that's it. 25 slices of cheese on it is what I remember about it. There's now bigger ones I heard and they cost $30 a burger.

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
In my city there is this burger resturant called Greasy Joes, the burgers are massive & they are soooooo good, my mates & I go there for breakfast & beer when we are horribly hung over!

Nothing like a strong hit of cholesterol to get your day going

street racer 275

Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Ehh some place up in Maine called Wild Willys takes the cake, and after that homemade or something of that sort, fast food and friendlys and stuff are just like yuck. :no :suspect:

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
well mc donalds got me hooked on that qourter pounder. it is soo freakin good to me i cant get over it. i kinda like BK hamburgers just because they taste good but no comparison the the qourter pounder.

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
soldier one said:
well mc donalds got me hooked on that qourter pounder. it is soo freakin good to me i cant get over it. i kinda like BK hamburgers just because they taste good but no comparison the the qourter pounder.
The double quater pounder is better :D Its sooo tasty!!!!

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
:lol: thats a lot of food!!!!!!

I actually worked out its not cheap for me to eat at Macca's anymore cause it costs too much to fill me up.

I can go to a vietnamese place & get full for pretty much half the price

Fallout Boy

Elite Member
May 23, 2005
Yeh chinese is good too, I eat mostly asian these days, its cheap & its different.

Sweet & Sour chicken is wikkid!!!!! Roast Duck on Rice is also nice too.

If i go to an asian place, I pay like $8 and im satisfied, Macca's, KFC or Burger king, i have to spend like over $12 just to fill me up.

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
Everytime I go to McDonalds I get the same thing.
10 piece chicken mcnugget
large fry
large powerade
2 mcchickens
Yum Yum!!
i used to always get the same thing chicken nuggets soda and a large fry with a sheeseburger on the side. then i decided to try something new like the qourter pounder and glad i did.

heerokenshin

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2004
Sony has recently registered a few new titles with the US Patent and Trademark Office, presumably for upcoming PSN games and one possible engine that will work cross platform with other Sony products such as phones, DVD players, and video cameras.

The titles in question are Ember, SkyBlue, Carriage Return, Race Day and Strings Attached. Also on this list is The Broadcast Engine. While none of these titles have been announced as games, it is likely that these are the names of upcoming PlayStation Network games. They certainly sound like the sort of names you would see attached to the quirky games available to download.

The Broadcast Engine was registered through the Japanese office. There has been no information on this as of yet, but it may have something to do with the PlayStation Network being accessible through many outlets.

As always, stay tuned for more details.

SOURCE:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/10/24/son ... psn-games/
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=174270

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5238054]This this a million times, this.[/QUOTE]

good man. also lol at not noticing necro bump

[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5238056]wow thats a major necrobump squirrel[/QUOTE]
**** yeah. biggest in psu history ? i hope so

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I make some pretty damn delicious burgers myself at home on the grill. 1/3 lb., seasoned with a bit of worcestershire, salt and pepper. Topped with pepper jack cheese, sauteed onions and jalapenos, ketchup, mustard, chipotle mayo and lettuce. MMmmm

As far as "fast food" goes Hardess/Carl's Jr has the best burgers BY FAR. They honestly taste better than most "real" restaurants' burgers. McDonald's burgers suck. I like the Big Mac, but they're honestly nothing special.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
Blah, Homemade burgers are the best, screw fastfood burgers, they always smell odd. plus, fastfood burgers are always dry, that is why they need to load the damn burger with ketchup and mustard, because the burgers SUCK!.

If you want a good burger, follow this recipe.

a pound of ground sirloin/beef
1 half onion grated or finely chopped

3 pinches ground coriander

3 pinches paprika powder

1 dash of fresh ground black pepper

A pinch of salt

A tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce

1 egg lightly beaten

Mix all of that in a bowl by hand, I am sure you know how to cook a burger so I wont need to tell you how to cook it. Anyway, you probably wont even need ketchup or mustard on it, it's really good as it is. LOL

Steak fries or they might be called Steak chips in England (I don't know, just guessing) are better then fast food fries and are a lot less fattening. I mean, when eating fast food burgers & fries, it's basically dry lard. I believe the last time I had a fastfood burgers was about a one and a half years ago. By the time my friends go out and get a burger to bring back home, I already have my burger and fries/chips (I like the name "chips" better) done. fastfood, yea right.

Last edited:

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
[QUOTE="R_Mac_1, post: 5238082]I make some pretty damn delicious burgers myself at home on the grill. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 5238086]Blah, Homemade burgers are the best, screw fastfood burgers, they always smell odd.
[/QUOTE]

High fives all around! :D My Homeburgers© dominate anything you can get out. :D

I'm more of a "purist" with my burgers though - just simple dry seasonings: salt, [ground] pepper, and the tiniest shot of garlic and chili powder. Pack 'em light, and make sure you have the right about of fat (too little and it's ...dry...).

That being said we have some local dives that make solid bar food, including tasty burgers. I don't think I've eaten a fast food burger in years.