Burnout paradise night-time and bikes footage revealed!

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvfoFD2nAu8"]YouTube - Burnout Paradise - Bike's and Night Time Footage[/ame]
Thanks to Ajax.

In the latest crash fm video podcaast, there is footage of not only these but also the custom soundtracks feature for PS3. The link is directly to the itunes store to subscribe, there is currently no other link to download it by.
Source via N4G.com
I'll update the thread as soon as another source comes up that is a bit easier to access.

Jun 25, 2008
Isn't there supposed to be an update with a new island or something, or am i mistaken? Anyway, is the bike races an online thing or is it on single player too? I don't really play burnout online much.

Jun 2, 2008
there's three updates, cagney which adds some new cars paint jobs and custom sound tracks

the motorbikes & night time racing update

And then the new island update

Hope that helped a touch :D

Jun 2, 2008
Cagney is free it's been announced, the others I don't know however I think they'll all be free

Cause if only certain players have the updates it complicates online play somewhat if player A doesn't have say the bikes update but player B does how would criteron get around this without having to spend loads mroe money on developing a new system

So based on that I think they'll all be free and be used as an incentive for others to buy the game. They must be getting enough money out of it as things stand what with the ingame adverts such as the billboards & Gilette vans ontop of game sales... But it's good they're bringing out new stuff I'm 95% into the game and it's a good thing they're bringing out some new stuff to do & the one i want most is the one coming first for once XD

Online stunt run anyone? No? How about a marked man or a road rage? While doing it in some new paint jobs/cars? And listening to your own custom music.

Gotta hand it to them, they're keeping me loving their game :D

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="warstory, post: 0]this will be a great update to the game its like playing a brand new game.[/quote]
It really is like a brand new game. The bikes are gonna require a whooooole new rew racing style. I predict that they will rock.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
Day/night cycling is what I felt the original always lacked and was a real problem at times, this fixes this issue perfectly and the bikes for once actually look like they really belong in this game unlike some of games like PGR4.

Jun 29, 2008
looks awesome. ive played the demo and ive been thinking about buying it. and this update makes it look more awesome. but im still cautious about buying it for somereason, so can anyone give me some info i might need to know or good/bad tihngs in the game i should think about before getting?

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="middlemaniac, post: 0]Guys....Should I get this game??? Is there still a lot of people online playing????

PS:When does this update come out???[/quote]
Yes you should. There are always plenty of Freeburn sessions about.. my mates from the Aussie thread are still playing it - we had a session today even. When Cagney is released in a week or so, you can guarantee people will be back into it too 8)

Cagney is only a week or so away, 'Davis' mentioned in this thread is due around August.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
[QUOTE="disposableheroV, post: 0]looks awesome. ive played the demo and ive been thinking about buying it. and this update makes it look more awesome. but im still cautious about buying it for somereason, so can anyone give me some info i might need to know or good/bad tihngs in the game i should think about before getting?[/quote]

Pros - Everything except the one con.

Cons - Free roaming does kind of ruining the burnout feel with excessive complexity.

Jun 2, 2008
middlemaniac, just buy the game :) There's always some1 online even in the ungodly hours in the morning & it's set up for some quite good improvements :D I've been slowly laxing off this game to finish kingdom hearts 1 and 2 but with cagney coming up I better hurry up and finish the games b4 I become a burnout addict again

Jun 2, 2008
Sometime around August i think it says on the website... I cba to check it but yea, they're supposed to be annoucing some details soon according to the video on this very page lol :)

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
A great game just got even better. I actually got Burnout Paradise bundled with my PS3 when I bought it. I've always been a fan of the series and I'm amazed at just how much content is already in the game and is being added. I would have never imagined they would be able to add Motorcycles in the game. Adding in a another car is one thing but this is something else. I also loved the first person view from the motorcycle and how the screen is tilted when you lean to give you the feeling of actually riding it. I can't wait for this update.

Nov 26, 2007
review of Burnout Paradise[/URL] and have all your questions answered...

[QUOTE="middlemaniac, post: 0]Guys....Should I get this game??? Is there still a lot of people online playing????...
You should most definitely get this game. It's the best arcade racer released this console generation, IMO.

[QUOTE="Jabjabs, post: 3016359]Pros - Everything except the one con.

Cons - Free roaming does kind of ruining the burnout feel with excessive complexity.[/quote]
Until you get the hang of it. Then the complexity disappears and you realize that this game is more insane than any of the Burnouts that came before it.